You may also like

Rate Dr. Edward G. McFarland

Dr. Edward G. McFarland's Ratings

We travelled from the Harrisburg area to have my husband's two full shoulder tears repaired. I did considerable research before selecting Dr. McFarland. Unfortunately arthroscopic surgery was out due to extent of the injury; however we are very pleased with the outcome of my husband's surgery. He can lift both arms again and has regained a lot of strength in just ten months. We have already referred a friend too. Dr. McFarland is at the top of his field. We don't mind driving for quality care, the quality of life is worth it afterwards.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2913355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2015

surgeons had experience with total reverse shoulder replacement surgery. I researched physicians all over the world to find one who had done at least 100 procedures. Dr. McFarland's is well know as the top shoulder surgeons in the world. While I lived in Virginia, I was willing to travel. I had my left and right shoulder replaced in 2013. He moved me from pain and substantial limitations to a full range of movement. I have quality of life back. He is outstanding, very knowledgeable, easy to understand and a delightful . He is back with great staff with great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

Dr. McFarland was outstanding for both shoulder injuries. The wait can be lengthy but I haven't had a doctor who spent a lot of time with me explaining the issues and offering solutions as he did. If I have any other orthopedic issues, he will be the first person I make an appointment with. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

Excellent surgeon. As a nurse, I was employed by a healthcare research think tank and I had also authored a book on self care after surgery. When I wrote the book in 2002 very few surgeons had experience with total reverse shoulder replacement surgery. I researched physicians all over the world to find one who had done at least 100 procedures. Dr. McFarland's name was on the list of top shoulder surgeons in the world. While I lived in Texas at the time, I was willing to travel anywhere. I had my right shoulder replaced in 2011 and in December of 2014 I had to have the left shoulder replaced. Both rotator cuffs were completely torn. Prior to surgery I experienced significant pain and substantial ROM limitations. The pain in both shoulders is gone and I have a better quality of life. Dr. McFarland spends time explaining what is going on and his knowledge is ever expanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Excellent surgeon. Great office staff. Spends a lot of time with patients and with residents. Very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

The worst experience that I have ever had-----very unprofessional office--bring lots of money that is all they care about

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2851632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Always a pleasure to be in his office. They are organized , prompt and courteous. I had reverse shoulder surgery 5 years ago and it has given me an active life. Thank you Dr. McFarland and all who work with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Excellent results from Dr. McFarland and his staff. I have a complicating existing condition that could have been problomatic for shoulder joint replacement, but wasn't, because everyone involved had researched my case so thoroughly. I felt that I was in exactly the right place to get the help I needed. Just had my five-year follow-up and shoulder is as good as new! Many thanks!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I hhad reverse shoulder replacement surgery 6 years ago with wonderful results. Dr. McFarland is an awesome surgeon. He changed my life. Anne Lynch

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

The Dr. and his staff answered any questions in a way that I could understand them. I had both of my shoulders replaced by Dr. McFarland and he was always available if I had any questions or problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780750].votes_count ]]