Ratings for Dr. Edward G. McFarland

Doctor McFarland did the reverse shoulder replacement on me with fantastic results. I'm completely pain free and have most of my range of motion back. He's the best at what does and couldn't be nicer.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

My experience in having a reverse shoulder replacement was excellent . This includes not only Dr. McFarland but his staff, the hospital stay and the range in motion and quality of life improvement . Can't say enough. Thanks to improving my health so I can continue enjoying my life on the move.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Simply the best in the business. Two reverse shoulder replacements made easy by his top notch professional.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Made a scary situation very easy to cope with and results were as good or better than he predicted. Great Surgeon and very patient friendly.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. McFarland did a reverse left shoulder replacement for me in 2009 and a right shoulder replacement in 2015. He also did a right shoulder replacement for my wife in 2015. We both experienced absolutely no pain following the operation and our range of motion returned very quickly. Dr. McFarland is the most patient-friendly doctor that we have ever had and in our opinion, the most outstanding and very best in his field. We have recommended several of our friends to him and he has done shoulder replacements on them as well. My wife and I highly recommend Dr. McFarland to anyone who is considering shoulder surgery. Dr. McFarland brings credit not only to himself, but to the practice of orthopedic surgery as well. His care and concern for his patients far exceeds expectations and he is world renown for his surgical abilities and patient care. He is also highly respected by his peers in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I received the benefit of a thoroughly professional experience from Dr. McFarland, his staff, and the Johns Hopkins Medical Center. My total reverse left shoulder replacement has returned me to the quality of life I had begun to think was unimaginable. It has been a pleasure to work with Dr. McFarland.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr McFarland explained the operation thoroughly which helped subue my fears. My operation was extremely successful as was the fllow up over three years. Heis an exceptional surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I will, without hesitation, recommend Dr. McFarland. He demonstrated all of the qualities that one wants in a medical professional. Within a very short time at our first meeting, he drew my complete trust and confidence and he was not the first surgeon I had consulted with. He's a winner! He has surrounded himself with an equally competent and professional staff .

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I had a left shoulder replacement. My experience was great. The office staff was excellent and very knowledgeable. I had no pain during or after the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Travelled from Washington to Baltimore to make sure I was getting the very best surgeon for my shoulder replacement. I'm 2 years out and have had terrific results. It is the finest standard of care I have ever received, so I can't speak highly enough of Dr McFarland, his staff, and Johns Hopkins Hospital!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Edward G. McFarland's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)