Ratings for Dr. Edward G. McFarland

Superb physician and surgeon. Replaced both of my shoulders and am now virtually pain free. Great aftercare and very efficient and friendly staff. My son is now on his schedule for surgery this winter. Implicitly trust Dr. McFarland and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Outstanding, had my right shoulder replaced and would recommend him for anyone. Great team and very satisfied with the results. My therapist said I healed better and faster than anyone she had with a replacement. Go to him first!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I had an arthroscopic and also a hemiarthroplasty replacement on my right shoulder. The doctor who the the hemiarthroplasty replacement had failed to protect the bone and as the result I had lost bone and looseness of prosthesis in my shoulder. No other doctor in VA would touch my shoulder. Dr. McFarland was the only one who could perform reverse surgery. Before the surgery, I had almost no motion ability in my arm. I am like a new person after the surgery. He is so good that I went back to him for my other shoulder. I would only trust him to operate on me. If you want a doctor with exceptional skills, wonderful bed side manner, honest and caring, look no further. He is the best doctor I have been fortunate enough to meet and I can tell you I have see 100s of doctors and surgeons through out my life, and none is better than Dr. McFarland.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Doctor McFarland did the reverse shoulder replacement on me with fantastic results. I'm completely pain free and have most of my range of motion back. He's the best at what does and couldn't be nicer.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

My experience in having a reverse shoulder replacement was excellent . This includes not only Dr. McFarland but his staff, the hospital stay and the range in motion and quality of life improvement . Can't say enough. Thanks to improving my health so I can continue enjoying my life on the move.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Simply the best in the business. Two reverse shoulder replacements made easy by his top notch professional.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Made a scary situation very easy to cope with and results were as good or better than he predicted. Great Surgeon and very patient friendly.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. McFarland did a reverse left shoulder replacement for me in 2009 and a right shoulder replacement in 2015. He also did a right shoulder replacement for my wife in 2015. We both experienced absolutely no pain following the operation and our range of motion returned very quickly. Dr. McFarland is the most patient-friendly doctor that we have ever had and in our opinion, the most outstanding and very best in his field. We have recommended several of our friends to him and he has done shoulder replacements on them as well. My wife and I highly recommend Dr. McFarland to anyone who is considering shoulder surgery. Dr. McFarland brings credit not only to himself, but to the practice of orthopedic surgery as well. His care and concern for his patients far exceeds expectations and he is world renown for his surgical abilities and patient care. He is also highly respected by his peers in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I received the benefit of a thoroughly professional experience from Dr. McFarland, his staff, and the Johns Hopkins Medical Center. My total reverse left shoulder replacement has returned me to the quality of life I had begun to think was unimaginable. It has been a pleasure to work with Dr. McFarland.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr McFarland explained the operation thoroughly which helped subue my fears. My operation was extremely successful as was the fllow up over three years. Heis an exceptional surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Edward G. McFarland's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Oxford