Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Zuber

I've been going to dr zuber for appx ten years and wouldn't go anywhere else. He's very knowledgable and takes time with your health issues. The last visit he was with me over two hours and was very through on my examination for a yearly physical. He took time to discuss my medicine and vitamins and the side effects and benefits or harm of each. The staff has always treated me more like a friend than patient and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Thanks for all you do Dr Z uber!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Zuber is a very good doctor. No long waits, he gets right to the point. Good experience.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Zuber seemed to really enjoy hearing himself talk. I could barely get a word in. I basically forced him to stay and hear me out. Spent most of his time talking about his lecturing around the country. Said he knew what was wrong without examining me. When he was done talking he was ready to leave, I tried to tell him more about my problem and he said this was suppose to be a 5 minute visit as he walked out the door, I was in there 15 minutes. 99% of that time was listening to him talk about himself lecturing and how he personally knew the doctors on websites he was pulling up, etc etc. He only examined me for a few seconds. Seriously less than 10 seconds! He was very rude to and yelled at his nurses in front of me. Then I got the bill. They billed me $255 for a 25 minute visit. This place is a scam.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Patient five years. Annual physicals are very thorough and he makes suggestions on inoculations, etc for prevention of various problems. He recommends additional tests for symptoms and refers to physicians with expertise in particular fields. I feel extremely confident in his diagnosis and treatment of several problems over the years.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Very disappointed with experience with Dr Zuber. Was looking for a permanent Doctor as I had recently moved to Boone. He seemed to over talk me and I was the patient. Could not give information felt I needed too.as he just was too hyper and nervous talking. Bad experience for me and had to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

this doctor must have had a really bad day this day, He was rude and did not even completely check me out even though the nurse told him that my blood pressure was really elevated He simply did not care and he was shaking and sweating like he had a problem of some sort. He also said he could not write prescripts anymore to people cause of something going on. so, I think I will take my business somewhere else. I thought it was nice at first, but poor guy seems to have several personal problems. I hope he gets them worked out,

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

This office is always running several hours late. I saw Dr. Zuber only 1 time in 3 years of going to this office with my children. The PA is very nice but I waited an average of 2 hours every time I wet to this office. The staff are rude and unhelpful. I am so glad I switched to Blue Ridge Pediatrics!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr. Zuber is wonderful. The only disadvantage is that he doesn't serve patients in the hospital. He also is difficult to get an appointment with. Oftentimes, you have to see another Dr./PA in the office.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Zuber is one of the most knowledgeable physician I think I've ever met. He took nearly 1-1/2 hours with me to obtain a detailed history on my first visit, then discussed the research related to the elements of my medical history likely to become important as I age. Each time I've seen him since, he took the time to update me on the most current findings related to my situation, including issues such as recommendations regarding colonoscopy interval, taking prophylactic aspirin (for heart), vitamins, joint replacement, and others. I was extremely impressed with his concern that I, as fully as possible, understood the current medical thinking on what I was interested in, and in the care he took to include me as a full partner in deciding how I manage my medical experience... I've recommended him to friends and co-workers as an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

Dr. Thomas J. Zuber's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal