Ratings for Dr. David A. Vickery

I have been a patient of Dr Vickery for 10 years and he is a top notch family doctor in fact the best that I have ever had. He is caring, knowledgeable, thorough and intelligent. I am 74 years of age and have the usual cronic problems and I can always count on Dr Vickery to give me the best advice on how to deal with my problems. His staff is excellant and always delivers test results and follow up care in an efficient manner. Recently he has added new staff as his practice has expanded and they sometimes mess up but they are learning. All and all Vickery Family Medicine is the best Family Doctor Practice in Asheville.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

The doctor is good. But the staffs are so bad, especially front desk staffs. So rude. And they never pick up the phone

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Vickery is an intelligent, warm, caring doctor. His professional staff (PAs, RNPs) are equally as good. I've been impressed with the follow-up on meds and lab tests. They actually call, instead of you having to call them. They have clinic hours every morning and evening, as well as on weekends. In my opinion, the medical care is top notch. The woman who checks you in is very nice, but the remaining front office staff can be less than welcoming at times. But don't let moody girls at the desk keep you away from a truly excellent doctor and his professional staff.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

This review is directed towards Vickery Family Medicine's office staff. The PA that I saw at this practice was knowledgeable, helpful and caring, and I am confident that she would be both disappointed, and embarrassed by the incompetence of the office staff that is representing herself, as well as Dr. Vickery. The office staff is completely unorganized, untimely and unprofessional. I work in a medical office and was absolutely horrified at the way I was treated as a patient. They did not return my calls, my tests were not scheduled and it was nearly impossible to navigate through their telephone answering service in order to speak to a real person. I would recommend this office if you could bypass dealing with the office staff and deal with the physicians only, unfortunately as with any medical office, you deal with the office staff more than the doctors. Absolutely terrible experience, and I am not one to get on these sites and complain. Do yourself a favor and avoid VFM at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Vickery Family Medicine is prompt. That's the only good thing I can say about this office. When I requested medical records, they left out 1/2 of the information and I had to make a second trip to pick it up. When I had blood testing, they forgot some of the tests so I had to make a second trip and I had to be stuck again. When I ruptured a disk in my back, they couldn't see me for more than a week then prescribed pain killers. I took it upon myself to go to a PT. After 30 days he recommended a neurosurgeon who prescribed the MRI then urgent surgery 2 days after. I posted a negative review on Google about Vickery Family Medicine and 3 days later received a letter from them terminating me as a patient. Now that I've switched doctors, I've heard many complaints about Vickery Family Medicine. By the way, in the 2+ years I was a patient at Vickery Family Medicine, I never met Dr. Vickery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr Vickery is a very friendly and knowledgeable doctor. He treats you as if you are on the same level ans peaks to you in terms you can understand. I am very happy with his services. His office staff needs some assistance. One of the front desk/checkout ladies could use some customer service assistance and the nurses are very sweet but since I have been there (a year) I have noticed 4-5 nurse staff changes but I guess this is common in healthcare. At my previous doctors office, before he retired, the nursing staff had been there as long as he had and it was nice because you got to know them. My only complaint is seeing so many new faces, liking them, and then they are gone and next time it is a new smiling face that doesn't know you

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr.vickery is a very kind and very smart guy. I would recommend him to anyone. So make an appointment today you will love him.:)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

Dr. Vickery is the BEST Family Doctor my husband and I have ever had! He is very knowledgeable and has genuine good heart and so does his staff! We are so thankful we have him for our Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Vickery is great! He listens to your concerns, goes over them, and explains why or why not he agrees with you. Very kind.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. David A. Vickery's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2001)