Ratings for Dr. Claudia H. Methvin

Have had a couple of less than satisfactory experiences. The first having to do with my blood pressure meds, messed up prescription and no return calls when I needed clarification. The next was a blood test for gout and of course..no response on that at all. Another gout flare up and I had more blood drawn. I was in extreme pain and thought i was being prescribed pain meds until the test results came back. Nope. And when I asked for pain meds I was told I had to come back in. I could barely walk. I was just there that morning. My wife called to ask what the problem was with a pain med prescription..just one or two pills until the Gout meds took hold. The NP said I could take 800 Ibuprofen. What???????????? I know that too many NSAIDS can kill a person and long term use is bad for the liver. This is just too much for me. They said I would have to go to the emergency room. Really?

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Very dissapointing doctor. Not considerate, rude, and can perhaps diagnose a problem but either unaware or indifferent when it comes to "fixing" or helping the health issue.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Nice doc! Smart! Too busy. Nursing staff poor!!! No communication in emergencies.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Claudia H. Methvin's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Woodstock, VA