Ratings for Dr. Marvin Schnapp

I love Dr. Schnapp and I'm really going to miss him. Amazing, gentle and such a caring man. He would do anything for anyone, come in at 10 pm to help someone in pain and was extremely kind etc to his staff. It's so sad how his gambling led him to this path because he really was a great person. I'm going to miss and wish him all the best and hope his addiction gets better because he truly was a good guy deep down.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

If this is the same person that was a Dentist in Cornwall, Ontario in the 1970`s = RUN ! He is a Real Butcher !

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

The Hearing Tribunal of the Alberta Dental Association & College conclusion dated February 24th 2014. The Hearing Tribunal finds that Dr. Schnapp has engaged in unprofessional conduct and makes the following orders: a. Dr. Schnapp's registration and practice permit are deemed to be cancelled under section 82(h) of the Health Professions Act; b. Dr. Schnappp shall pay the full cost of the investigation and hearing in this matter on terms of payment satisfactory to the Complaints Director.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

The last time, I used him, a few years ago, he was the only one i would trust. He did uppers and lowers on me over 2 years as I did not want it done at same time. He was quite patient with me being a scared patient. He said it is going to hurt, when it did, he said this will feel like tugs etc. When his partner worked on me, he was not avail, I almost collapsed. Marvin made sure I was comfortable, cracked a few jokes, got me at ease etc. He was not overly worried ever about the bill, said pay it off in portions. I had to have teeth removed because I did not take care of my teeth. 2 other dentists I tried scared me more than ever, not schnapp, he asked questions, guided me and waited till I was ready. I heard about financial allegations, but did not believe them.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Dr Marvin is a god send. He is the best dentist I've ever been to. Very professional and compassionate. He has helped me many many times and my family. I've loaned him money for the many years I've known him and always repaid me in full at the agreed time. He has always taken care of my dental issues. Even when I had no money and never asked me for a dime. Never have had any recurring issues with the dental work he has done for me. I believe I've referred at least 100 friends family and colleagues

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

It breaks my heart to find out the truth about Dr.Schnapp. He was the ONLY so called "after hours" emergency dentist that would actually answer the phone and get me in when I fell and broke my front tooth on a weekend. He was gentle and kind and didnt take a cent from me until the job was done. I have referred others to him and they have also loved him. Its almost like people are talking about 2 different dentists on here :( Perhaps there is a substance abuse or mental issue at the root of the problem?/ I dont know. Either way I feel very sorry for his unsatisfied patients and also sad for Dr.Schnapp himself. I am going to miss him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

He quoted my wife for 5 veneers, she paid up front, took almost two years to complete and they are falling apart. Did I mention he only did TWO?! When he xrayed my tooth and then started drilling opposite side of the mouth I stopped him and he said Oh well that one has a cavity too. ALL the work on my teeth over the last 5 years has now be redone by another dentist, including two failed root canals. He "borrowed" 5000$ from my father in law. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr.Schnapp is the worst Dentist in Calgary. In 2006 he did some work in my daughter's mouth and he screwed up big time and I reported him to ADA, in this matter. He was investigated and Alberta Dental Association is banned him working on children since March 2009. This can be verified by calling ADA. He is cheat, Gambler. Please before you go to him do your homework very well!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I placed rate about Dr. Schnapp, whose dental negligence cost me pain, suffering (with side effects), limitation business/private liberty and left me with no front teeth to this present time with expense of $ 20 000.00….! Rate was posted on this site about half year ago twice and in both cases was simple "deleted" possibly by site Provider, or by a Hacker. It open questions, who is behind, what is the purpose and who benefits! I encourage Patients who experienced any negligence while treated by Dr. Schnapp. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 403 870-3634, or e-mail me at cassc@shawcable.com I am currently taking steps, which we all can benefit from. Thanks Jozef

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I really liked this dentist at first... in 2008 I had 3 teeth fixed then in 2009 I had to have the same 3 teeth fixed (he told me I wasn't taking care of my teeth good enough since the procedure was done!!). I just had a checkup, not with Dr. Shnapp, and now I have to go back to the dentist to get the 3 teeth fixed AGAIN because Dr. Shnapp did them wrong the first 2 times (which the new dentist told me, he could see the gaps between the teeth and the new enamel which was causing the problem)!! Unfortunately I would not recommend Dr Schnapp to anyone anymore!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010