Ratings for Dr. Paul Jewers

his receptionist Sue is just awful, she makes you feel as though you don't deserve her time and she's too good for you. As for Paul he is very quick to prescribe and often he misdiagnoses.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

I have been going to Dr.Jewers for 17 years now,have had only good experience with him as well as his recepitionist Sue.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr Jewers is a very nice man, But as for his employee Sue, Ive never met a less helpful stuck up woman in my life. She Called yelling at me about booking an appointment to follow up on my blood tests, when I never even had any blood tests done.. Like, Check my file before you call me?!? Dr Jewers was Vague to me about my condition and it has been two months since Ive had tests done with no result. Sue booked me for the 23rd But when i arrived their office was closed. I`ve since then called and she told me I was wrong. I wrote it down as she told me, therefore she made the mistake and I now owe $30, for an appointment I didn`t know about. She couldn`t get me in for ANOTHER month so I hung up on her. Furious! Her job is to be kind and make all processes easier on the patient. I dont think she could care less.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I have been with Paul almost as long as he has been a doctor. He has always been very helpful. If he has any concerns, he has no hesitation to send you to a specialist. He always makes sure your questions are answered before you leave, in terms you can understand. He took on my wife when she lost her doctor, and it was the best thing that ever happened to her. After years of her doctor prescribing various pill to help with chronic pain, he in a matter of one visit had her seeing specialists and now the pain is manageable. One thing to remember, is if you have to be referred to another DR, once they call or fax the info it is out of there hands! You can not blame him for a specialist setting an appointment a year in advance. He pulls no punches in his diagnosis. He well tell you ALL the posibilities! Then treat you for the most likely. Or send you on to some one who knows what tests need to be done.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Jewers is really a caring doctor who never hesitates to stop and explain things to you. I do find however that he often does not ask enough questions so that in turn can cause misdiagnosis. My pet peeve is that he (or perhaps Sue) just does not get referrals out in a timely manner. By timely manner I mean, I am in a great deal of back pain and it took 6 months after he received the results from an MRI to even send a referral to a specialist that I will now have to wait an additional year or more just to get the first appointment. Obviously he is not the one suffering the pain. Sue is bordering on obnoxious. Whatever you do don't get in her bad books because if you do YOU VILL PAY!! Dr. Jewers lose Sue... she needs to retire.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

He misdiagnosed a very common and basic health concern that should have been common knowledge to him, and when he was unsure of his diagnosis it took months to get a consult to a specialist sent and a lot of phone calls to his office to get anything accomplished at all. He had my whole family very worried that a harmless condition was a life threatening one, and was not there for follow up. There is no need of this. Yes, doctors are over-worked but that doesn't make everything they do wrong excusable. A lot of professions are over-worked these days with so much of the population reaching the age of retirement...that doesn't mean that you can be slack and get away with it. It just means you have to work harder.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Possibly the worst doctor I have ever met, he comes to work wearing slippers and shorts, that did not make a good impression what so ever, I told him I had a sore back and right away he told me it may be cancer, without even looking at it, I was 16 years old at the time and got home in tears because of this. His secretary, Sue, needs a real attitude adjustment too, she is rude and should not be in this business at all. People go see a doctor for advise and comfort not to get ignored and get attitude from the staff. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Jewers is to be commended for his dedication, caring manner and willingness to explain things to patients, well done. Both my husband and I love him to pieces. On the other hand, don't mess with Sue. If you rub her the wrong way it can take a long time to see the Doctor. The only thing negative I can say for Dr. J. is that he is very very slow on getting referrals, is it because he is overworked or perhaps it's Sue, I don't know the process so I can't say for sure.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

This doctor seems nice enough however he should consider updating his knowledge base a little...and consulting specialists in a timely manner when he is unsure of diagnosis. Waiting for months on end for a consult to be sent is simply unacceptable.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

I've been going to Dr. Jewers for 17 years and couldn't say enough wonderful things about him. He never hesitates to sit and explain things to me in a manner that I understand. My daughters and I all love Dr. Jewers...and Sue is just as wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008