Ratings for Dr. Gordon Sussman

I concur 100% with comment made on April 1 2018 in regards to negative reviews being deleted .

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Referred by my doc for my sons peanut allergy. He took a very thorough history, did skin test, and presented a few options. Our son is now doing a peanut study at his clinic. His research team of Safi and Dina have been just amazing and make my son feel so at ease. They are always trying to make the research area more comfortable for patients and it shows how much Dr. Sussman and his team really care about their patients.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

I am sure that he makes up reviews and somehow delete the negative ones.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

This is the smartest doctor I have seen. When you meet with him you can see he’s full of knowledge. I have been going from doctor to doctor for years, and no one knew how to support me. I went to him one time and my concerns were figured out

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Words fail to describe the level of inefficiency and rudeness of front office staff. For my first appt, I called and left messages for approx a month. Once the phone was answered by a human who said she would call me back. She never did. Eventually, I personally went to the office to make an appointment. I can't comprehend how others have rated the front office staff so well as I continue to have an impossible time to get a callback. Dr. Sussman seems to be well known in Toronto for having trained a lot of allergists, so he definitely has a lot of experience. My first visit, I found him rather brusque, not open to questions and quick to give only one solution. However, subsequent experiences with him showed he was more open to input and dialogue about my complex condition. The place is cramped, full of people, very hard to get a copy of your files, but a very helpful nurse located in the basement is wonderful. That being said, very unprofessional office staff make going to this doctor a dreadful experience.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

First impression was scary. Building is old and outdated. But then I met him and he was phenomenal. He helped me with my hives and then even saw my nephew for his peanut allergy. His staff is great. Can't say enough about Safi and Deena in research. I havent met a doctor like him. Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Funny too. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Sussman’s since 2003. He is a pleasure to work with. I have never had to wait for my appointment time; he is polite, friendly and to the point. I wish all doctors were as patient, kind and understanding and clear about medical matters as Dr. Sussman He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced, a complete expert in his field and yet explains things clearly. He treats patients with respect and dignity, gives them a chance to ask questions and listens well. His warm nature, sense of humour and charismatic smile truly helped to reassure me that I was in good hands. I was extremely pleased with his ability to help me feel relaxed and inform me of what I needed to know regarding my medical histology. I was also very impressed by how well his work and the work of his staff were organized. His administration personnel and clinical assistants were so helpful and professional that I would like to make special mention of Deena Kobric, Clinical Research Coordinator, who navigated me through a complicated programme like a pro: She kept me constantly apprised, was responsive to my questions and very efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Sussman to anyone seeking a best-in-class level of professional care, and especially for being a pioneer in establishing his independent clinic in internal medicine, allergy and immunology.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I recently had my first appointment with Dr. Sussman. I had to contact his office prior to the appointment in order to make travel arrangements to and from Toronto. The staff was extremely helpful, returning my call and answering all my questions within a day. The appointment itself was punctual, and very thorough. He and his staff have a great wealth of knowledge and experience. Definitely one of the best experiences I have had with a clinic on my rare disease journey.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Sussman was a huge help in my treatment. 8 months ago I started suffering from severe urticaria all over my face and body that was getting progressively worse. It was debilitating and after seeing six different doctors, and being prescribed many different medications, Dr. Sussman put me on an immunosuppressant that has helped treat my condition. I am not a big proponent of medication however my standard of living was quite poor at the time I saw Dr. Sussman. He was understanding and treated me promptly.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Sussman made an accurate diagnosis of my condition after years of multiple other doctors failing to identify my health problem (and after numerous visits for emergency treatment). He has continued to treat me with care and truly expert knowledge as treatments have advanced. Dr. Sussman does direct research into various allergies and immune conditions and always has specialist new doctors and research staff on site. The research contributes to improvements in treatments for all, not only for his patients. I have benefited directly from his research and am grateful that doctors of his caliber are willing to continue to see patients.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017