Ratings for Dr. Gordon Sussman

I have been under the care of Dr. Gordon L. Sussman for several years. I have found him to be a superb doctor, compassionate, kind, and very empathetic towards his patients. His sense of humour is refreshing. He is the only doctor whose treatment prevented me visiting frequently hospital emergency rooms to the point where I became well known in one of them prior to becoming Dr. Sussman’s patient. He managed my issues and is always available for emergency treatment. He is the best. I now know how to keep my symptoms under control. I keep regular appointments for maintenance purposes only.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Dr. Sussmam did not care about my asthma at all!!!! HE WON"T GIVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR FLOVENT BECAUSE HE DIDN"T LIKE THE MEDICATION!!! He did not care that it helped me. Dr. Sussman is rude so is his staff!!!!! He is the WORST ALLERGIST I'VE EVER SEEN. I moved here from California unfortunately my husband lost his job. The allergist that I saw in Irvine, California Is Aa million times BETTER THAN SUSSMAN!!!!! He did notr even exam me. Dr. Sussmasm did not listen to my chest , listen to my breathing or look at my nose or spend anytime exampling anything to me. Dr Rhonda Myers is the one the best allergist I've seen along with Dr. Glenn Lawor in Sherman Oaks,Ca and Dr.Resman in Amherst , Ny.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

I had allergy tests done, and while I appreciated that he took the time to do both the poke-test (prik is seen on this site as an insult!) and the injection test, he also told me there's no such thing as an allergy to garlic or onions. I was stunned, because this is not possibly correct. I don't know if he was trying to convince me it's so rare and therefore doesn't need testing, but even if that were the case, that's verging on malpractice to assume such a thing and therefore not test it.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

The staff are always helpful, friendly and accommodating (Sarah / Debby) They make you feel like you are an old friend and happy to see you. Dr. Sussman diagnosed my urticaria and got me a solution after many many years of discomfort / suffering. They do a lot of research which is to the benefit of current and future patients. The only negative is lack of parking ...but in life you can't have everything :)

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

Dr. Sussman runs a family neo-liberal business and is definitely not a medical practitioner! Their FAMILY BUSINESS is managed by old middle aged women (who are related to Dr. Sussman), who are extremely rude and dehumanizing towards their clients and both openly talk about clients with no regard for confidentiality or with any understanding that negatively gossiping about clients impacts the other clients in the waiting room, I've hear so much about clients and I am horrified the way they talk about their clients! Dr. Sussman is a narcissist and has no regard to his ethical oath as a medical practitioner. Their FAMILY BUSINESS serves clientele who primarily middle aged and seniors, who are upper middle or wealthy White and Jewish populations. It is unfortunate that the support staff such as the Lab Manager as well as the staff that do the Allergy testing and immunotherapy shots are great and friendly! DISCLAIMER: If you belong to any marginalized populations, please do not take this referral from your MD. As a White young person who is a client, I have to say that I have witnessed this BUSINESS treat marginalized people on many occasions - are extremely harmful, traumatizing, and dehumanizing, towards people and REALLY make these individuals feel like they don't belong and that they should be grateful that they are helping people with allergies.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Dr. Sussman runs a family neo-liberal business and is definitely not a medical practitioner! Their FAMILY BUSINESS is managed by old middle aged women (who are related to Dr. Sussman), who are extremely rude and dehumanizing towards their clients and both openly talk about clients with no regard for confidentiality or with any understanding that negatively gossiping about clients impacts the other clients in the waiting room, I've hear so much about their clients and I am horrified the way they talk about their clients! Dr. Sussman is a narcissist and has no regard to his ethical oath as a medical practitioner. Their FAMILY BUSINESS serves client who primarily middle aged and seniors who are upper middle and wealthy White and Jewish populations. It is unfortunately that the support staff such as the Lab Manager as well as the staff that do the Allergy testing and immunotherapy shots are great and friendly! DISCLAIMER: If you belong to any marginalized populations, please do not take this referral from your MD. As a White young person who is a client, I have to say that I have witnessed this BUSINESS treat marginalized people many occasions - are extremely harmful, traumatizing, and dehumanizing, towards people and REALLY make these individuals feel like they don't belong and that they should be grateful that they are helping people with allergies.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

He's so rude and short with patients and staff. He's also elderly which scares me a little

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Dr. Sussman was able to diagnose and treat my hives quickly by having me take part in a trial which worked wonders! He takes his client's concerns seriously and puts them at ease.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Sussman is incredible. Knowledgeable, kind, always has had my health as a priority. The problem is the admin staff. I have been calling for over two months to get some questions answered about my injections and no one has called me back. Don't expect to get a live person when you call. It's always voicemail. I have now missed injections, impacting my treatment. I'm going to have to go in person as a last resort since no one will call me. It's so unfortunate to have a great doctor but his admin staff are negatively impacting my treatment and health.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Wow is all I can say. Never thought I could have had such a great experience at a doctor’a office. Bless you Dr Sussman

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018