Ratings for Dr. William J. Howitt

Went to see this doctor for a leg injury. Ordered an MRI which was excruciating. I thought I had it made when I was introduced to a liason (Linda) for OCH. She stated that the doctors and nurses were too busy to keep track of patients so all questions and concerns should be directed to her. Linda said OCH hired her to make sure "nobody slips through the cracks." Doctor Howitt's nurse Sydney told me to stop calling Linda when I could not get anyone to explain the MRI results to me effectively. Sydney said Linda doesn't know anything and to direct all questions to her. Sydney doesn't answer calls very often. Linda does. When doctor Howitt read the MRI report he sat at a desk reading from a computer. His back to me. Using medical terminology that I didn't understand. Before I could ask any questions he walked out the door. Appointment over. The liason LInda said the orthopedic doctor would explain them to me. Problem with that is, they don't have an orthopedic doctor. I needed help so I called Sydney the nurse. She said doctor Howitt ordered a medical boot for me. Picked up the RX and the date was filled in a week prior to that date with a different color ink. Seemed like they were just trying to get me off their backs. Still didn't know what was wrong with my leg. A month and a half had passed since seeing doctor Howitt and I had enough of the incompetence. Later, I found out that Cox Bone and Joint Center had called me numerous times to a non working phone number. Sydney never once mentioned that a referral to Cox had been made. I chose to quit seeing doctor Howitt because he doesn't explain MRI results and his staff is unprofessional and uncaring. I won't see any doctor in the OCH system ever again. They have struggled to stay afloat for years because they have a bad relationship with Medicare. If you are comfortable taking a lot of pills, doctor Howitt is your man. If you are seeking treatment and cures, move along.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr. William J. Howitt's Credentials

• Univ Of British Columbia, Fac Of Med, Vancouver, Bc, Canada (Grad. 1980)

Sask Health