Ratings for Dr. Alicia Donohue

Love her! Very thorough. Our whole family sees her and we really like her.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I have read some of the comments by people, and granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I am almost 44 years old, and have had Dr Donohue as my Dr for 17 years. She is kind, she listens, and she has helped me through some of the worst parts of my life. Dr Donohue is not a pill pusher. She Is matter of fact and to the point. She’s not going to hold your hand and enable something. She’s going to make you think, and reflect on many different aspects of your life. She helps. If after you have tried (mental health wise) without medication, and still feel hopeless, she will prescribe, she will recommend seeing a psychologist in conjunction with the pills, and she WILL follow up. With physical ailments, she is very thorough. I’ve had mammograms, ultrasounds and the whole bit. That woman will CALL me at home at 7pm at night to let me know everything is ok. I appreciate her frankness. Too much of this world has its hand held and head patted and told that everything will be ok, as pills are quickly slipped into the hands of the sufferer. Dr Donohue does not look for quick fixes. She wants to help you find the root and pull it out. No, she may not be for everyone, but for me she is the only one who has helped me believe in myself, and helps to make sure I know I can do things on my own. She is an excellent doctor. She gives me pause to think, and not to jump. I highly recommend her, and am proud that she is my Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

By far one of the worst experience I've encountered. My daughter struggles with mental health and Dr.D refused to give her proper treatment. My daughter ended up in cheo several days after, then the Royal Ottawa where she got Properly diagnosed and is currently seeking the right treatment. I do not recommend this doctor to anybody.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Why do i feel like i'm sitting on a court bench when seeing my suppose to be doctor. No listening, no hi or bye, non bed side matter. Megga stress just seeking her advice. Something wrong with this picture!!! I need another doctor urgently.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Unfortunately something has changed. Dr. Donohue was once very present and focused on good patient care but for the passed several years she rushes, is rude, talks off topic and appears completely distracted and unwilling to listen to my own experiences. Every time I return to her office it's like she doesn't even know me, read my chart or know anything about my medical history. If you ask for a referral to anywhere she argues and makes you feel invisible.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Our two boys see Dr Donohue. She is always thorough, has seen us on short notice, and has given us referrals when it's out of her scope.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Donahue for over 6 years now. I have had gastritis ever since I went to Tanzania Africa back in 2011, I was 18 years old. When I came back to Canada I went to see her numerous times a year for the last 5 years. My stomach and digestive issues continued until the point that I was throwing up my lunches and loosing copious amounts of weight. Throughout the years Dr. Donahue was unsympathetic and never willing to do further tests to see what was causing my illness or if it was something more serious. All she did was up my dosage of medication. I pleaded again and again that we do further testing and thanks to her suck it up cold attitude I never did. I recently went to Argentina and got all kinds of tests done because I could not get them done in my own country. Turns out I have had a serious bacteria in my GI track since Tanzania that is curable with just a month of the right antibiotics. Because 5 years has passed without treatment I will have a lifetime of complications such as chronic erosive gastritis, a Hiatal hernia (that I need an operation to fix), Chronic Duodenitis, and early stage Ulcers. I write this in hopes that other patients will be careful because Dr. Donohue's lack of attention and care has caused me 5 years of unnecessary suffering and a lifetime of complications.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Negligible. That is all I can say. We may lose our mother because she was not thorough.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I love her! she is a very thorough and no nonsense doctor. Our whole family sees her and we have no complaints!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

was an excellent doctor until I reached menopause, would not help me with any or the many symptoms i had. i know my body, i know when things are not right she would not listen and brushed me off. found a different doctor who recommended many solutions and tried to alleviate some of my symptoms. not very good with older patients and not very sympathetic to them either. would not recommend

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016