Ratings for Dr. Alicia Donohue

Our two boys see Dr Donohue. She is always thorough, has seen us on short notice, and has given us referrals when it's out of her scope.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Donahue for over 6 years now. I have had gastritis ever since I went to Tanzania Africa back in 2011, I was 18 years old. When I came back to Canada I went to see her numerous times a year for the last 5 years. My stomach and digestive issues continued until the point that I was throwing up my lunches and loosing copious amounts of weight. Throughout the years Dr. Donahue was unsympathetic and never willing to do further tests to see what was causing my illness or if it was something more serious. All she did was up my dosage of medication. I pleaded again and again that we do further testing and thanks to her suck it up cold attitude I never did. I recently went to Argentina and got all kinds of tests done because I could not get them done in my own country. Turns out I have had a serious bacteria in my GI track since Tanzania that is curable with just a month of the right antibiotics. Because 5 years has passed without treatment I will have a lifetime of complications such as chronic erosive gastritis, a Hiatal hernia (that I need an operation to fix), Chronic Duodenitis, and early stage Ulcers. I write this in hopes that other patients will be careful because Dr. Donohue's lack of attention and care has caused me 5 years of unnecessary suffering and a lifetime of complications.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Negligible. That is all I can say. We may lose our mother because she was not thorough.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I love her! she is a very thorough and no nonsense doctor. Our whole family sees her and we have no complaints!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

was an excellent doctor until I reached menopause, would not help me with any or the many symptoms i had. i know my body, i know when things are not right she would not listen and brushed me off. found a different doctor who recommended many solutions and tried to alleviate some of my symptoms. not very good with older patients and not very sympathetic to them either. would not recommend

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

A health and lifestyle Doctor too little of this or too much of that

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Donohue has gone out of her way to help me many times, even after hours. I really appreciate having a doctor like her.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Took my mother, a long time patient, to see the Dr as she is having memory issues, falling and exhibiting signs of dementia...Dr days she's fine and recommends she take a course at the community center. Wth? ??? Thanks for not taking this seriously.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for over 15 years. She is no-nonsense, but also takes the time to inquire about all family members at each visit. She has treated my children with respect, answering their questions during their exams with patience. She is also very good about providing additional resources for information, and following up on any issues. I have recommended this doctor to other family members and friends.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Donohue was my doctor for many years, until one day I went to see her cause something just wasn't right. I had mentioned to her previously that I was having issues with my systolic (lower blood pressure number)...she would always fluff it off and say that Shopper's Drug Mart equipment was no good for blood pressure taking. Needless to say 3 days after I saw her I had was is called a TIA (transient stroke)....believe me I changed doctor right away....

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015