Ratings for Dr. Peter Pommerville

this guy is a perfect ipocrite same for his staff. iwander iff he do to is staff what he did to me.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I have seen Dr. Pommerville on several occasions and I've always found both he and his staff to be very helpful, friendly and professional. He performed a vasectomy in his office in 2002, a vasectomy reversal at Victoria Day Surgery in 2007 (which was successful due to his forethought and procedure regarding the vas deferen length .... resulting in the birth of our son) and then a vasectomy in his office in 2010. I have also consulted Dr. Pommerville regarding low-T and thanks to him I have more energy now than I can ever remember having! My wife and I hold Dr. Pommerville in the highest regard and consider him to be an excellent Urologist and surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Pommerville and Dr. Naysmith performed my vasectomy reversal. They treated me very well, I healed with no complications, and now have two beautiful children. I could never thank either of these fine doctors enough.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I had the misfortune to be "treated" by Pommerville during an ER visit at Vic General for what turned out to be a urinary stricture. Arrogant and dismissive to me and other staff. Very impatient and started ripping open packages and very harsh in attempting to help me - not at all concerned with pain he was causing. If I ever had to go to emergency again, I would call first and go to whichever hospital Pommerville is not at!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Pommerville has been my urologist for 8 years. I was diagnosed with a relatively uncommon condition which eventually needed major surgery. The prelude to surgery included a series of invasive injections wherein he treated me with kindness and concern. When Pommerville concluded the injections were unsuccessful, he contacted the specialist with the most experience in this condition, this involved my traveling to Ontario at my own expense. After the first, intricate surgery did not work fully, Pommerville arranged to have the Ontario specialist come to Victoria where, both doctors operated together to give me a successful result. Since that time, Dr. Pommerville has continued to care for me on a regular basis, his counsel and caring has made my situation very liveable. I am fortunate to be his patient.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I have known Dr. Pommerville for about five years – first as both my parents’ urologist and then as my own. I have always found him to be very professional and open to answering all questions. I find his staff to be very friendly and efficient. In my experience, his office environment is second-to-none. Simply put, I credit Dr. Pommerville with being instrumental in saving my life. I transferred my care to him after seeking a second opinion about a diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis that I had received from a different urologist. Dr. Pommerville did an extremely thorough work up and correctly diagnosed that I had bladder cancer. He then referred me to another surgeon who had the skills and expertise to perform a very complicated surgery to remove my bladder and replace it with an internal pouch. I was impressed by his professionalism and for the fact that he seemed genuinely concerned that I get the best surgeon for my needs. I was very grateful to Dr. Pommerville for doing this because not having to live with a urostomy bag has greatly enhanced my quality of life. I confidently recommend Dr. Pommerville to other patients.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr Pommerville has been treating me for several months for prostate cancer. He is very experienced and after performing my biopsy gave me detailed info on my options. Discussions in his office have been clear and he has treated both me and my spouse with respect. He answered all my questions and gave me all the time I needed. I felt both he and his excellent staff were working with me as a team. His receptionist was particularly helpful with an insurance issue. He is knowledgeable and his medical recommendations were correct. Not an effusive personality but I am very satisfied with the care he is providing.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr Pommerville recently told my father, who is 90, that he didn't need to take cipro anymore. My dad doesn't have a bladder, had it removed many years ago, and is always on a low doseage of cipro to prevent bladder infections. Last week my dad ended up in emergency. He had a urinary tract infection that went to his kidneys, also has slight pneumonia AND sepsis. They almost 'lost' him in emergency the first night! This is the direct result of the not taking Cipro! Not sure why Dr. Pommerville told him (and my mother) that he didn't need to take cipro any more. NOT IMPRESSED!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Dr. Pommerville met with me and my husband regarding his diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma. Although Dr. Pommerville won't be performing the surgery, we found him to be very attentive, helpful and knowledgable. His calm demeanor was exactly what we needed, and he answered all of our million questions.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Pommerville for approx. 10 years. Initially he was reasonably communicative but in latter years he became arrogant and dismissive. There were 2 other major issues prior to my last visit which was the misdiagnosis of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) in the right pelvic region. I went to his office with a high temperature and a leg swollen twice the size of my left. He immediately wrote out instructions for the Oncologist at the Cancer Clinic to administer chemotherapy. This was quickly ruled out by emergency staff who sent me directly to the intensive care unit with a DVT. Chemo was not administered, even to this day. I feel I was just shoved off by Dr. Pommerville who gave a complete misdiagnosis of the real problem by saying "This is the last thing I can do for you". One of the other issues was an operation on my bladder, severing the sphincter nerve, leaving me totally incontinent to this day. In my opinion if you hear the name Dr. Pommerville, RUN AWAY, don't walk!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013