You may also like

Ratings for Dr. T. Alan Demco

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

The most experienced and knowledgable doctors in Canada

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Following the initial visit, expect to be booked for 5-6 "followup" visits for routine "checks" that can be accomplished in 1 visit. Guess that's how he makes his money through these repeat appointments.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Unconscionable practice of requiring 3 separate visits for a routine assessment to maximize billings - no regard for patients' time nor the challenges faced by the elderly in attending these unnecessary appointments - should be investigated by MSP and the College of Physicians of BC.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

This is a long due review from my interaction with Dr Demco back in 2012. I was encourage to write this review because my GF is currently experiencing the same kind of frustration I was a couple of years ago wit Dr Demco. I was suffering/still suffer from dry eye syndrome. Dr Demco took several appointments (which at some point you wonder why he makes You come back so often) and misdiagnosed me antibiotics. At the same time I knew he was disconnected from my case (I was spending more time with the assistant than himself) so I booked an appointment with a great Dr in new Westminster called Dr. Diep .. He was caring, listened to my problem and diagnosed me restasis almost right away!! Fixing a problem I had for years .. If you are feeling the same way I recommend you to find a different ophthalmologist!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I and my whole family have been patients of Dr Demco for years. He is a very thorough and caring doctor., I have every confidence in him and highly recommend him

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Was refereed to Dr Demco by my own Doctor one year ago. After 3 visits asked if operation would be soon - no answer. By Christmas? for sure! Xmas has come and gone. I was called in because I was told a "special proceedure" would speed up wait time. It turned out that it was an offer to go to private clinic for $900 cash; he just wanted to 'farm out' the job. He could have asked this over the phone, but then no appointment fee. Am now looking for another Doctor who actually wants to DO the SURGERY, instead of making needless appointments. In 2010-2011 he made almost $1.200,000, I assume mostly for office appointments.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

My impressions of Dr. Demco's services are characterized by a pleasant manner, redundant tests or retests and endless dithering and procrastination over a course of action. I have received much more active and successful efforts to arrest my glaucoma in the 8 months since I switched doctors than in the preceding 5 years with this doctor. Someone with a more suspicious nature might conclude that the practice priorities here are to maximize the number of billable appointments and tests. I cannot recommend this doctor. He should retire.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. T. Alan Demco's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "1 to 1 1/2 hours wait for a scheduled appointment. Unnecessary repeated visits for an assessment that can be done in one visit. Not recommended"

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most experienced and knowledgable doctors in Canada "

February 4, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Following the initial visit, expect to be booked for 5-6 "followup" visits for routine "checks" that can be accomplished in 1 visit. Guess that's how he makes ..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "As I write this, I am sitting in Dr. Demco's waiting room 1.5 hours after scheduled appointment time. Last time he was 'only' 1 hr late. "

November 17, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Unconscionable practice of requiring 3 separate visits for a routine assessment to maximize billings - no regard for patients' time nor the challenges faced by ..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Staff are rude and not caring. Multiple appointments that can be combined into one appointment."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "This is a long due review from my interaction with Dr Demco back in 2012. I was encourage to write this review because my GF is currently experiencing the same..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I and my whole family have been patients of Dr Demco for years. He is a very thorough and caring doctor., I have every confidence in him and highly recommend h..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Was refereed to Dr Demco by my own Doctor one year ago. After 3 visits asked if operation would be soon - no answer. By Christmas? for sure! Xmas has come and g..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My impressions of Dr. Demco's services are characterized by a pleasant manner, redundant tests or retests and endless dithering and procrastination over a cours..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The staff are very abrupt. Numerous visits with Dr. Demco never seem to clarify the issue....very frustrating!"

December 13, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Staff has always been helpful and friendly. You can depend upon a wait for your scheduled appointment - bring a book. He will answer your questions, you just ..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have great respect for Dr. Demco. I have had to go for other appts in his office for related assessments. The last such appt in June was not a good experien..."

September 19, 2014