Ratings for Dr. Debra Kestenbaum

Correction: I am grateful to THEM (typo earlier).

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

It is difficult to find a good MD in Toronto. I will leave it at that. I have exceptional Specialists and am grateful to THE.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I was her patient for a few years and found all she's concerned with is money. She made me come in to see her for minor things, once just to tell me my cholesterol is a bit high. I can understand if it was very high and cause for concern. Once I went to a walk in clinic and when it showed up on her screen she was mad and said I would have to find another doctor, very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

My husband and I both love Dr Kestenbaum. She is knowledgeable, efficient and available whenever I need her. She listens to what I have to say and is thoughtful in giving her advice. When I was really stressed at work and wanted to go part time, she supported me and said "Either they keep you part-time or they don't keep you at all." She doesn't just throw meds at me, she really seems to care about my health and wellness.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I got stuck with this immoral bevy of narcissists who cant competently treat patients because they themselves need psychological testing and drug testing A calamity of medication mismanagers who need re education

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

If her choice of partners was Susan Goldstein and Dr Wong she is just as unethical ,uncaring and lacking in human empathy as they are Dont pay this emotionally bankrupt team

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I've been her patient for 12 years. Very happy with the care I've received!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I became Dr. Kestenbaum's patient over 16 years ago. I have the utmost respect for her. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She is also brutally honest and efficient - this may come across as curt to some people. But for me, this personality is her strength. I really appreciate the "give to me straight, doc" approach. My whole family is with her now and she is really good with kids. My daughter loves her and calls her Dr. K.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I have only been a patient with her for 3 years however I am switching. She is a great doctor if you have the personality where you want things done quick and simply and efficiently. I disagree with people who say she will not give referrals easily, she is great with sending me to see any specialists she feels I need to see. However this can have its drawbacks - if you are someone like me who just needs peace of mind she is not the right fit for you as she doesn't want to talk about your lifestyle and reasons why something could be happening she seems to think if you bring it up you want a prescription or a referral. Sometimes I just want to be told its normal (which ends up coming from a specialist who I wait months to go see). I also have an issue that I have brought up a few times with her and I feel like she can't resolve it for me or give me a solution. However, she is knowledgeable, and I do believe she truly cares about her patients. She calls me with test results which I find amazing. Truly one of the main reasons I am switching is because I moved and just can't make the drive out to see her.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

It is very helpful to read other patients' reviews. I have been Dr. K's pt for over 10 years and I have always felt she didn't "like" me. Looks like I am not the only one. She is not the loving caring type for sure but she is efficient and gets the job done. Besides, I don't have to wait for long. Overall, she is okay.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013