Ratings for Dr. Steven Kent

Dr Kent is top notch. As a person and as doctor. He is always up to speed on our files and well informed. Always goes the extra mile. He is respectful, courteous and kind. Great with our kids and great with us. We give Dr Kent 5 stars. 10/10. He has been our kids Dr for almost 9 years since they were diagnosed with CF. He is one of the good ones for sure. Also really appreciate his commitment to training new Drs. Can’t say enough about this man.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Dr. Kent has been working with all 3 of my children for 11 years now. He was really extremely knowledgeable with my children's asthma. As my children grew so did some other medical concerns. My oldest was diagnosed with ADHD a sensory processing disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. He guided us through many challenges and when my voice was not being heard he would back me up. My son was diagnosed with a seizure disorder and when I told him how we were treated by the children's neurologist here in victoria (wasn't good) he again spoke up and referred us to bc children's hospital where we have gotten better treatment for my son and to this day dr. Kent still speaks up if needed for my son. Got him a referral to vicans as well when our family dr couldn't. My youngest had asthma issues and so far he has guided us through the tough times with her too. There have been a couple times him and I didn't agree on certain medications but we found a happy medium by communicating. If you're open and honest he treats you the same. My kids call him the sticker doctor as he always has a bunch of stickers for the kids at the end of their visit. I also can call upon him and he returns my calls. Just remember not everyone clicks but he clicks with our family and who knows where we would be if he wasn't on our family team!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

My daughter had pneumonia twice at 10 months old and again at 16 months. We were referred to Dr. Kent from the hospital. I have had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr.Kent and his staff. He is patient and thorough and kind. I have a lot of questions all of the time and he always answers them in a way that makes me feel comfortable and I feel that he is completely knowledgeable. I am so thankful for his help with my littlest girl.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Took my son there for concerns around odd and antisocial behaviour. Doctor was totally dismissive. After waiting for months for a referral, we were in and out in under 15 minutes, with no plans for follow-up.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Kent is one of the best you can get. Very nice to my toddler, take time to listen, then give recommendation and explanation. Very well organized clinic with nice staff and environment.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Our experience with Dr. Kent was very good. I agree with other posts that he spoke to me rather than down to me. He was good with my son and was even speaking French with him. He worked with us to get my son into QA. I can only hope that the O.T's there are as a good as he was with us.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

My experience with Dr. Kent was a positive one. He was early for our appointment and definitely took the time to explain things and answer my questions. He spoke to me, not down to me and listened to what I had to say. He was also great with my son--read to him and played with a puppet while his assistant helped with a skin allergy test, but also didn't go overboard while we talked in his office, instead he let my son play and just observed him. The staff in the office were friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I've had my son to him twice now. I honestly don't understand how others can say he is good with kids, puts them at ease etc. Both of my visits lasted approximately 10 minutes, was handed printed internet information and told to read it at home. He did not interact with my son in the slightest except to say hi when we arrived. I'm at a loss what others see in this doctor. I checked low for knowledge because he made no effort to explain anything to me; as such I have no idea what his level of knowledge is.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr Kent is personable, knowledgeable, and great with toddlers.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr Kent amazing! He knows lots and is understanding. He works with you to find a solution. His office staff are friendly and helpful

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015