Ratings for Dr. Hussein-Sam Awada

I completely disagree about all the negative comments. My whole family go to see him and he is an amazing physician. He is very smart and have a great personality with an awesome bedside manner. Go see him before you make a judgment based on these senseless comments. His wall with over 50 thank you cards for saving my mom, son dad grandfather and so on is a proof..keep up the good work Dr Awada you are the best. I will continue to see this doctor as long as he is in practice..Jeff V.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I really dont understand why people are writing such bad ratings. I am very sure that everything that is being said is UNTRUE about Dr. Awada. He is an amazing doctor, very smart and knowledgable. He treats me and my family with RESPECT and never prescribes medications if you do not truly need them. His staff is great and very friendly and he will go above and beyond for his patients. He treats everyone equally and i assure you that you will keep going to Dr. Awada once you have met him. Please do not listen to these awful comments because i am sure this is just being done out of hate for a person who does not deserve this kind of treatment ! DR. AWADA IS AMAZING and does not scam anyone and does not only care about money SO UNTRUE. He cares about his PATIENTS. WE LOVE YOU DOC. !

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

This doctor continued to prescribe narcotics to my son after I informed him by son was addict. My son is deceased because of an overdose

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Will spend 3 hours or more waiting to be seen, and less than 5 minutes with doc. He will write you a script for anything without even examining. I said I had an itch, he wrote me 2 antibiotics. What itch? Where? Who cares?? He didn't. One time, he actually said I should thank him for spending so much time with my son that day (4 1/2 min). I'm worried about my son's inability to breath, he's not interested. Sends me to an endocronologist instead. He is rude, egomaniacal, over scheduled, no empathy. People are only appts. no faces, he will argue with you, lie to you, and ignore you. Stands with the door open and talks about your private health in the hall, and then walks away as you ask a question. I've moved on after 1 year of this abuse. I found a great doctor now, and I am happy and much much healthier. This doctor will kill you if you don't get away from him. He only cares about $$ and scamming and lying. He is definitely a sociopath!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

I’m unsure from the suspicious negative comments listed below for certainly do not describe Dr Awada he has been my physician for 10 years and after saving my sons life from leukemia. I couldn’t trust any other physician more than I trust Dr Awada over 20 family members of mine collectively obtain and seek medical care from Dr Awada and we have never had any issues

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

My family is not happy with the way this doctor has treated our wife/mother/grandmother. He is 1st concerned with the almighty dollar. He thinks that he is a specialist in all areas, when he should really just stick to family medicine and continue his studies. If he (or ANY doctor) tells you that you can "stop seeing your specialist because I can do that here," do not listen to him. Unfortunately our family trusted him and she stopped seeing her blood specialist and neurologist. Could things have been different if she had stayed with them? Perhaps - but we will never know. Regardless, ANY doctor who recommends to stop seeing your specialist is money hungry and trying to get more business himself. There are other docters in the St. John network who refuse to work with this doctor. St. John is a good hospital, find a differnt doctor besides Awada.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

Dr. Hussein-Sam Awada's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1999)

Veterans Administration