Ratings for Dr. Michael Shepherd

He is thorough, knowledgeable and practical. He is a great Doc!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

He has a great heart for his patients. My family and I have been patients of his for more then 50 years, myself more then 20 years. However at his age now, all he cares about is his community participation and unfortunately over spends all his time from his long-term family patients and now invests way to much of his time as the head doctor for the Kelowna Rockets organization. It has made him busier; resulting in time management problems for his family clinic, including mis-diagnoses, long waits, brief and basic answers, all while showing a lack of effort towards booking specialist apts, hospital follow ups, etc Unfortunately I am stuck with this guy as a family doctor for life. Thankfully i just go to the walk in clinic down the street.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I like Doc. Shepherd as a person. Very kind.I was a client of his since earyl 80' s.After the last blunder that cost me a heart attack, he was warned by my neurologist who saw osteosclorosis.in my M R I and urged me to tell him , he dismissed it saying I was not in the ball park.(hormone therapy 20+yrs. Smoked for 42 yrs. Hi stress due to PTSD and a junk food, alcohol/drug addict).sober 13 yrs I also lost my reproductive system because he chose to not listen.Many more misdiagnosed events with other family members . These are but a few.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Dr Shepherd has been my doctor since 1981. He has always been very helpful and kind to me. He is considerate always, of the fact that I prefer non-prescription remedies, wherever possible. I will never change doctors, even though I have to travel over an hour to see him. Office wait times are excessive, I think, but he is worth it!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Shepherd was my doctor for over 30yrs. He is very kind & caring and always makes you feel like he is interested in what you are telling him. However, appointment waits are always 35-45 minutes (for a 3 min appt.) After 1 too many and very life changing mis-diagnosis we have finely changed doctors.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Our Dr. 20 yrs.excellent listener before prescribing,does not rush you.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

He may be very knowledgeable but could not tell from his short responses.He seemed to be rushed and not very willing to give any information voluntarily. Had to keep asking and prompting him to discuss the problem.Long wait for someone in pain.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Dr. Mike Shepherd bis a class act. He's honest, very thoughtful and concerned with my well being. I met him late in life (age 57) and have hip resurfacing done in England . He's extremely knowledgeable about minor to major medical concerns. I'm lucky to have been referred to him by my family doctor (Dr. B.Davey) from Vancouver.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

been family Dr. since 87. he has seen our family go through the worst. he is a professional in every way. he is what others should strive to me. He tells it like it is. Very very good person and a very great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

He has been our family doctor since 1997. He always greets you with a smile on his face and truly cares. He actually listens to what you have to say. We trust him with our lives.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009