Ratings for Dr. Ahmed Meer

I have have only been to the emergency 3 or4 times in my life and have never been so disappointed with a Dr. in my life. Dr. Meer was condescending and arrogant. Never will I go near the Killam emergency again nor would say one good thing about this Dr.Meer.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

He's been my family doctor since I was practically born, I've never had any problems with him though.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I have signed myself out of the Emerg, when I discovered I was waiting for him, and drove to Viking. When he realizes that you live in the same town as his clinic, but you don't doctor with him, he can't get out of the Emerg fast enough. All he usually says is "follow up with your regular Dr." and prescribes Amoxicylin. Many of the Seniors in the area swear by him though.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Saw him twice in the ER in Killam. First time he was okay. Second time he was a complete ass. I will NEVER go to him again. If I discover he is on call...will leave that ER immediately and drive two more hours to Edmonton.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I used to be a patient of Dr. Meer's until I began having trouble with the side effects of my medication. He came up with every excuse he could think of to explain away my symptoms. Wouldn't help me get off the medication and made me feel like an idiot for complaining about my symptoms at all. He would also only write the prescription for 3 months at a time and waits to see him were often 1-2 hours. I am now off the medication and all the symptoms (which were greatly affecting my quality of life) are gone. I wish I'd switched doctors a lot sooner than I did.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr. Meer has been a wonderful family doctor of ours for 31 years. It doesn't matter what day, time of day or night, if you need him, he will see you. The only time he doesn't see you is if he is away from the area. When he was the only doctor in the area he worked 24 / 7 and kept our hospital opened and saw all of te patients as well. He makes house calls when necessary, covers for others, is kind, courteous, knowledgeable, takes time to listen. Dr. Meer is very professional and personable. I couldn't ask for a better family doctor. He does prescribe Amoxil when appropriate - so does every doctor I have seen when we travel. If it works don't fix it. Our sons are grown, live elsewhere and still call Dr. Meer their doctor. He still asks how they are doing. Know matter how long he has to stay, he sees everyone that has come to his office for his care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

fabulous doctor very caring even makes house calls for his elderly patients he is a real family doctor we are lucky to have him as our family doctor wish there were more like him caring and kind always willing to listen toyour problems god bless him

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

I've also heard mixed reviews, but have never had an issue with Meer. He seemed prompt and knowledgeable in his diagnosis. He is also incredibly invaluable to the Killam Hospital as their #2 guy, and for that I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

A complete pill pusher and can't be bothered to listen to your needs or problems. This is your health he needs to take the time to listen and not rush the patients

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008