You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Eric Shafonsky

Incredibly caring doctor, took the time for every patient, even ran late often because he was willing to be thorough with everyone he saw. He truly cares about delivering quality care for all of his patients, a quality very hard to find in physicians today. Above and Beyond for me every visit. Best doctor I have ever had, and I am truly sad to see him retire.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr Shafonsky has been my doctor since he took over for my former Doctor. I find that although he is very knowledgable, kind, and caring for his patients, he is often overwhelmed and has way too many bookings in one day so that he is often running late for his appointments. Wait times can be anywhere from 20 minutes to an Hour. My other concern is that he is retiring but did not find another doctor to take over his practice, which left our family scrambling for a family doctor. We have several health issues, including a cardiac patient in our family that requires a regular family doctor and not a walk-in clinic. Unfortunately we received zero help from Shafonsky's office in locating a new doctor and had to resort to phoning some of the specialists for recommendations. I am very very disappointed in the manner of how this came about, and even though we were told that Doctor Shafonsky would still see patients until April - this is not true and our appointments were cancelled. To this date out family does not have a replacement doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Excellent, caring doctor, just sad that he is retiring.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr S has been my family's doctor for 13 years. He has watched my children grow up. He is consistently caring, personal, knowledgeable. He is not always aware of alternative therapies, but he is also not too quick to prescribe anything unless it is deemed absolutely necessary. I am so happy he is our family GP.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I like Dr. E so much that I often ask him how he's doing as I don't want him to quit under the crushing demands of our medical system. He takes the time to talk me through everything so that it's me feeling guilty that there are others waiting out in the waiting room. I do agree that making an appointment is difficult and once I went to a clinic because I felt I needed to be seen quicker and couldn't get through on the phone, but I don't let this affect my opinion of Dr. E. I just wish there were an easier solution and I suspect that all practices have the same problem.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Shafonsky is patient, caring, intelligent and a very nice person.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Shafonsky for 14 years. He is thorough,efficient and a very caring doctor. The office is run smoothly. He ,has excellent listening skills,and at different times referred me to specialists. I do not mind the occasional longer wait time as I know when I was the most ill he spent extra time providing me with the medical care I needed. Yes, at times he is abrupt but he has helped me to a place of better health and I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. S's approach works for people who are very involved in their own health and can advocate for themselves. He will work for you. But if you are relying on him to keep an eye on your health, be your advocate, you best look elsewhere. He is busy, and forgetful and has a life outside of his practice. If you have a chronic illness, I can't imagine that you would be happy. I know personally of several blatant missteps that have resulted in family members complaining that he is a terrible doctor. He isn't terrible. He just isn't a god.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr Shafonsky's been my doctor for about 12 years and he is by far the best doctor I've had. He is caring and treats my concerns with interest and respect. He also seems very knowledgeable and informative.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I had a medical problem which I pointed out to him during my annual medical He didn't bother to look at it but said he would send me to a specialist. That didn't happen and when I checked with the office was told there was nothing on my chart. That was the final straw. I am now with another Dr who sent me to a specialist and was told had the problem not been attended to that it could become cancerous.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Eric Shafonsky's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly caring doctor, took the time for every patient, even ran late often because he was willing to be thorough with everyone he saw. He truly cares about..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shafonsky has been my doctor since he took over for my former Doctor. I find that although he is very knowledgable, kind, and caring for his patients, he is ..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent, caring doctor, just sad that he is retiring. "

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr S has been my family's doctor for 13 years. He has watched my children grow up. He is consistently caring, personal, knowledgeable. He is not always aware of..."

August 14, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8R 6R5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2020 Richmond Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505987234".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. E so much that I often ask him how he's doing as I don't want him to quit under the crushing demands of our medical system. He takes the time to talk..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shafonsky is patient, caring, intelligent and a very nice person. "

May 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Shafonsky for 14 years. He is thorough,efficient and a very caring doctor. The office is run smoothly. He ,has excellent listeni..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. S's approach works for people who are very involved in their own health and can advocate for themselves. He will work for you. But if you are relying on h..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shafonsky's been my doctor for about 12 years and he is by far the best doctor I've had. He is caring and treats my concerns with interest and respect. He al..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had a medical problem which I pointed out to him during my annual medical He didn't bother to look at it but said he would send me to a specialist. That didn..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Eric never makes me feel that any problem is trivial or not worth bothering with if it is distressing me. He is a real family doctor -- sees my mother and ..."

October 8, 2014