Ratings for Dr. Ken Yoshida

Dr, Yoshida and his staff were very kind and compassionate and even apologized for the wait.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

No compassion. Rude and confrontational. All bad characteristic when dealing with cancer patients. I dropped him after one encounter, GP got me in to specialist in London who is great. Yoshida told me I would be dead in six months, so get my affairs in order. It's now OVER 6 YEARS and still going strong. Tell your GP to skip Sarnia cancer doctor and go straight to London.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

My uncle was a patient of Dr. Yoshida.....would definitely not recommend at all. After 6 weeks, still no diagnosis or treatment plan. Had to head to London for treatment only to be seen by one of the finest. Would never see him as a Specialist! Ever!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Horrible doctor. Lazy, no compassion, no communication, condescending, close minded. He doesn't communicate with other oncologists in London or Toronto in a timely manner. We requested that he present my mother's case to the tumor board in London and it took him 6 weeks to do that. It took him over a month to start chemo. He should know how important time can be with this disease but perhaps he just doesn't care. His staff are terrific people and I pity them for having to work with such a lousy person (I can not bring myself to call him a doctor). If you are in Sarnia and faced with working with this man. I highly urge you to go to London and work with a real doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

worst bedside manner ever. no compassion and hard to understand as he talks down to you

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I believe the 2014 posts here are phantoms or a woman scorned... rumor has it Dr. Yoshida has fallen ill. His health has been declining for the past 2 years.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

My father was under the care of Yoshida for a very brief period and after a few visits, we decided to leave and get my father's treatment in London where the care was excellent. Yoshida (I won't even call him Dr as he doesn't act like one) has zero compassion and acts like he couldn't care less. Wrong person to have if you need a cancer specialist with all the emotion that goes with cancer and people who are dying and need compassion and understanding. My father died within a year of going to London as he was already in stage 4, but I will never forget his final month when he was scrambling to try anything to survive a little longer. My mother and I wheeled him in to see Yoshida in Sarnia (thought we'd try anyone who may be able to help including both Sarnia and London and thought we'd give Yoshida another shot). Yoshida shows up acting like he is half asleep like he always did and asks my father why he is was there to see him again given he was dying and should face that fact. It was all I could do not to punch Yoshida in the face. Worst health care individual I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with and I would strongly recommend avoiding him at all costs. Aweful

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

This doctor is the only available Oncologist in Sarnia. He is overworked, hard to deal with, has zero bedside manner, he doesn't contact London when you have to work with them. He made my father, who is terminally ill, wait for almost two hours to visit him. After Chemo, he didn't even do any scans or blood tests on my father. He developed a fungal infection, a bacterial infection and pneumonia within four weeks and is now in acute care in the hospital. My father was being looked after by another doctor and is now being transferred under Yoshida again. My family is scared he is just going to send my very sick father home because he doesn't want to deal with his patients. If I can give you any advice, drive to london, drive to toronto and have your loved one put into a hospital there.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

This man is dangerous. He likes to first see how big a cancer will grow before he starts chemo. Unfortunately now my dad is speeding downhill because of him. his bedside manner makes it even harder to swallow. Please find anyone else if you can, if you're stuck with him demand a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Terrible doctor. Hold back information from patients. Unreliable and has no bedside manner. Does not read charts properly.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012