Ratings for Dr. Rose Girgis

Dr Girgis has been my sons Dr for 2.5 years (since T1D diagnosis). She is polite, professional and very friendly with us during every visit. She always takes the time to speak directly to my son and ask him questions about activities/ interests, not just about diabetes. I rarely bring paper anymore, she reviews all our data via my sons ipad, which is captured using the Medtronic pump. She knows how to read the data and takes the time to explain things she suggests to change. Dr Girgis really likes that we are using his Enlite sensor to keep his BG on track. She has always taken the time to make sure we have what we need and any questions are answered. The staff at the Stollery Endocrine clinic is amazing! The nurses are VERY helpful. Just an email or phone call away when things get rough and you need help. The dieticians are just as helpful. My son is very active, so the nurses/ dietician ideas on things we can try has been fantastic. I know people who have had to move and leave the Edmonton clinic. They always tell me I'm so lucky as they truly miss this Endocrine Team. I as a parent of a T1D, don't know what I would do without this team!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

She only had to see my son once. She was thorough, efficient and professional. My son's condition at that time was not severe so she passed us on back to our GP. However, the letter sent had a couple of incorrect statements and it took 6 months to get that letter to our GP.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

asaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr.Girgis has been my daughter's doctor since diagnosed 5 years ago. She has always been supportive, encouraging, thoughtful and wonderful! Her staff have been amazing, too! I am thankful for all she has Don for my daughter, my family and I. Every day has it's challenges but Dr.Girgis and staff have given us the tools to meet those challenges! Thanks Dr. Girgis! 🤗

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Was very happy with our visits with dr girgis, she was friendly and approachable and seem to really care about our concerns. Would recommended her to others if needed.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr girgis is my sons doctor and she is hands down amazing! We were happy from the moment my husband and I met her, she listened, answered every question and helped to educate us when finding out about our sons problem. Learning my son would face some issues with life long prognosis when he was only a year old, she was compassionate and in my opinion went above and beyond, I was contacted after her shift to help talk more about an issues and test results to help put my mind at ease! It might be a regular thing for her but for me it spoke volumes! You can see she is passionate about helping your child and also helping you to understand things as a parent! We are moving provinces next year and we are very upset that we will be losing Dr girgis as our sons doctor and if it was possible we would be making the travel back to see her if we could because we are that happy with! I wish I could rate higher then 5 stars because I truely feel she's beyond a 10 star rating! Amazing doctor and personally I'd say the best Endocrologist in Canada!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Girgis has been my son's doctor for over 9 years now. We come in from out of town to see her and have always had a great experience. She takes the time to explain things to us and always shows compassion for my son's health. I would definitely recommend her to any parent who has a child with diabetes. I also love all of the support staff there. They are an amazing team!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

My son and I have been seeing Dr. Girgis now since September 2015. Herself, and the team at the Stollery have been amazing!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I do not like any time spent with Dr. Girgis. She rushes the appointments, and she refuses to accept new technologies. She made a point to single me out comparing me to other parents under her care. She refused to even attempt to look at my sons numbers I had recorded, because they were not on a piece of paper. When we make an appointment, every single time it has been cancelled or moved around because she fails to realize or plan ahead that she will or will not be in the office at that time. Once I could understand, but nearly every single appointment for the past two years? She is curt, and does not listen. She doesnt adapt, she doesnt motivate. When we had her sign the papers for our insurance to cover the Dexcom, she made a point to look me in the eye and let me know not a single one of her patients had success in that area. She was supposed to get me a referral to a pediatrician and it took her a year to submit for the referral. I had to come back and pressure her to do it, and it was done that day. It was not due to a lack of time or resources, she simply didnt care to remember or follow through. Her only saving grace is the staff she is surrounded by. The dietitians and nurses are all the ONLY reason I even show up for these appointments with my son anymore.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Acts like a queen and should be replaced by younger doctor who can listen to patients and their families and make them feel better. She makes the most stress, not the disease.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016