Ratings for Dr. Rose Girgis

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I do not like any time spent with Dr. Girgis. She rushes the appointments, and she refuses to accept new technologies. She made a point to single me out comparing me to other parents under her care. She refused to even attempt to look at my sons numbers I had recorded, because they were not on a piece of paper. When we make an appointment, every single time it has been cancelled or moved around because she fails to realize or plan ahead that she will or will not be in the office at that time. Once I could understand, but nearly every single appointment for the past two years? She is curt, and does not listen. She doesnt adapt, she doesnt motivate. When we had her sign the papers for our insurance to cover the Dexcom, she made a point to look me in the eye and let me know not a single one of her patients had success in that area. She was supposed to get me a referral to a pediatrician and it took her a year to submit for the referral. I had to come back and pressure her to do it, and it was done that day. It was not due to a lack of time or resources, she simply didnt care to remember or follow through. Her only saving grace is the staff she is surrounded by. The dietitians and nurses are all the ONLY reason I even show up for these appointments with my son anymore.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Acts like a queen and should be replaced by younger doctor who can listen to patients and their families and make them feel better. She makes the most stress, not the disease.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

She was not nice at all. She always put you down and didn't give me any advice I have already hear. Seeing her was a bad experience.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Im not overly impressed to be honest. Shes a nice enough woman, as a person...but as a doctors office/clinic environment, they are ill prepared or understaffed or just plain dont coordinate with one another. Id say at least half of all of my sons appointments end up bumped up because they suddenly realize Girgis is on vacation. Or has that month blocked off. Or they have double booked my sons appointment time. They have bumped us multiple times in a row, where its gone 7 months between seeing her, when it should be every 4. Nearly an entire missed appointment. When we DO get to see her, shes abrupt and to the point. She rarely offers up suggestions or ideas with issues we bring up. I almost always end up having a much better time with the dietitian, getting more answers and ideas and suggestions out of her than I do Girgis herself. Bedside manner is bland and offputting at best. She has a way of making you feel like every mistake is a huge one, and that you should know better. She doesnt have any sort of relationship with my son, has to be reminded of things like age, how long hes been diabetic, what insulin is he on, what are his doses. And I get having a ton of patients to keep track of, but look at his chart before we walk in the room, for just a minute. I think she would be much better suited for adult only patients who already have a good solid schedule and plan, and simply need a check up and prescription refill.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I am disappointed to know she is still practicing in pediatrics. She was demeaning, overused fear to "motivate", discouraging, but also deterred me from wanting to get better. @ age12 I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes & until age 18 visits to her clinic resulted in tears as she would outline my demise from a genetically failed pancreas. She constantly put me down for having unstable blood sugars and used poor examples of deceased patients to motivate a better A1C. Currently, I am being followed by another endocrinologist(for about 4 years now) who has helped me stabilize my illness. In contrast to Dr. Girgis, I realized that I preferred to have someone cheering for me rather than a fear monger. I rated Dr. G a 1 in knowledge not based on her knowledge of diseases, but in knowledge of how to interact with fellow humans. Her staff was amazing though!! They offered unlimited encouragement... which, unfortunately, was always overshadowed when the Grimm Reaper entered.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Dr. Girgis is an extremely rude and authoritative woman. I've been talked down to and I've gone home so upset from being made to feel that I don't care about my daughter's health. I couldn't even ask questions without being constantly interrupted. We've since moved on, and have found a clinic we are extremely happy with and don't feel we are being rushed through like cattle. We've learned more about Diabetes and health management in the last year at our new clinic then we ever did in the 3yrs with Dr. Girgis.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

God bless her heart! My little brother is under her care and we are so comfortable with her and confident in her knowledge.

Submitted September 6, 2013

Very professional and fantastic with children!! She was our Lifesaver and Rock during our family member's treatment

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

We are fairly new with Dr. Girgis but already we love her. Finding out your child is diabetic is scary but she explains things well and shows care and concern not only for him but also for mom and dad. Thank you!

Submitted May 21, 2010