Ratings for Dr. Rose Girgis

Dr.Girgis has been my daughter's doctor since diagnosed 5 years ago. She has always been supportive, encouraging, thoughtful and wonderful! Her staff have been amazing, too! I am thankful for all she has Don for my daughter, my family and I. Every day has it's challenges but Dr.Girgis and staff have given us the tools to meet those challenges! Thanks Dr. Girgis! 🤗

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Was very happy with our visits with dr girgis, she was friendly and approachable and seem to really care about our concerns. Would recommended her to others if needed.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr girgis is my sons doctor and she is hands down amazing! We were happy from the moment my husband and I met her, she listened, answered every question and helped to educate us when finding out about our sons problem. Learning my son would face some issues with life long prognosis when he was only a year old, she was compassionate and in my opinion went above and beyond, I was contacted after her shift to help talk more about an issues and test results to help put my mind at ease! It might be a regular thing for her but for me it spoke volumes! You can see she is passionate about helping your child and also helping you to understand things as a parent! We are moving provinces next year and we are very upset that we will be losing Dr girgis as our sons doctor and if it was possible we would be making the travel back to see her if we could because we are that happy with! I wish I could rate higher then 5 stars because I truely feel she's beyond a 10 star rating! Amazing doctor and personally I'd say the best Endocrologist in Canada!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Girgis has been my son's doctor for over 9 years now. We come in from out of town to see her and have always had a great experience. She takes the time to explain things to us and always shows compassion for my son's health. I would definitely recommend her to any parent who has a child with diabetes. I also love all of the support staff there. They are an amazing team!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

My son and I have been seeing Dr. Girgis now since September 2015. Herself, and the team at the Stollery have been amazing!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I do not like any time spent with Dr. Girgis. She rushes the appointments, and she refuses to accept new technologies. She made a point to single me out comparing me to other parents under her care. She refused to even attempt to look at my sons numbers I had recorded, because they were not on a piece of paper. When we make an appointment, every single time it has been cancelled or moved around because she fails to realize or plan ahead that she will or will not be in the office at that time. Once I could understand, but nearly every single appointment for the past two years? She is curt, and does not listen. She doesnt adapt, she doesnt motivate. When we had her sign the papers for our insurance to cover the Dexcom, she made a point to look me in the eye and let me know not a single one of her patients had success in that area. She was supposed to get me a referral to a pediatrician and it took her a year to submit for the referral. I had to come back and pressure her to do it, and it was done that day. It was not due to a lack of time or resources, she simply didnt care to remember or follow through. Her only saving grace is the staff she is surrounded by. The dietitians and nurses are all the ONLY reason I even show up for these appointments with my son anymore.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Acts like a queen and should be replaced by younger doctor who can listen to patients and their families and make them feel better. She makes the most stress, not the disease.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

She was not nice at all. She always put you down and didn't give me any advice I have already hear. Seeing her was a bad experience.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Im not overly impressed to be honest. Shes a nice enough woman, as a person...but as a doctors office/clinic environment, they are ill prepared or understaffed or just plain dont coordinate with one another. Id say at least half of all of my sons appointments end up bumped up because they suddenly realize Girgis is on vacation. Or has that month blocked off. Or they have double booked my sons appointment time. They have bumped us multiple times in a row, where its gone 7 months between seeing her, when it should be every 4. Nearly an entire missed appointment. When we DO get to see her, shes abrupt and to the point. She rarely offers up suggestions or ideas with issues we bring up. I almost always end up having a much better time with the dietitian, getting more answers and ideas and suggestions out of her than I do Girgis herself. Bedside manner is bland and offputting at best. She has a way of making you feel like every mistake is a huge one, and that you should know better. She doesnt have any sort of relationship with my son, has to be reminded of things like age, how long hes been diabetic, what insulin is he on, what are his doses. And I get having a ton of patients to keep track of, but look at his chart before we walk in the room, for just a minute. I think she would be much better suited for adult only patients who already have a good solid schedule and plan, and simply need a check up and prescription refill.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I am disappointed to know she is still practicing in pediatrics. She was demeaning, overused fear to "motivate", discouraging, but also deterred me from wanting to get better. @ age12 I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes & until age 18 visits to her clinic resulted in tears as she would outline my demise from a genetically failed pancreas. She constantly put me down for having unstable blood sugars and used poor examples of deceased patients to motivate a better A1C. Currently, I am being followed by another endocrinologist(for about 4 years now) who has helped me stabilize my illness. In contrast to Dr. Girgis, I realized that I preferred to have someone cheering for me rather than a fear monger. I rated Dr. G a 1 in knowledge not based on her knowledge of diseases, but in knowledge of how to interact with fellow humans. Her staff was amazing though!! They offered unlimited encouragement... which, unfortunately, was always overshadowed when the Grimm Reaper entered.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014