Ratings for Dr. Derek Woolner

Extremely disappointed with my visit with Dr. Woolner. After waiting four months for my referred dermatology appointment due to more than 3 persistent skin issues, I was extremely disappointed to only be in the office with Dr. Woolner for less than ten minutes. I could scarcely get a word in edgeways to try and describe my skin conditions, and when I did I was dismissed or interrupted. He spent the majority of the time talking to his paper as opposed to making eye contact with me, which made me feel very uncomfortable, and is usually the opposite of how a patient should be made to feel. It should also be noted that he did not even look at the second condition I attempted to bring up with him. I will not be taking the medication (for the one issue) that he prescribed due to the side effects that would negatively affect my day-to-day life. I needed someone to help me and guide me through these consistent issues which have been giving me a really difficult time, and unfortunately Dr. Woolner did not provide that for me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Very condescending and rude. I was shocked with how disinterested and arrogant he was after waiting months to see him. There are nice ways to engage with people and reassure them they are okay without treating people like idiots. Won't see him again.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Woolner for years, desperate to have clear skin. After countless topical creams, years of taking antibiotics (which destroyed my stomach) he made things worse!! He had no idea what he was doing and misdiagnosed my condition over and over. I had enough and saw another dermatologist in the city, and after a short 3 months of treatment with this new doctor my face was fresh and clear!! Dr. Woolner should hang up his lab coat for good.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Was extremely rude, every time I asked a question or for clarification was treated as if I was an idiot. Too many analogies and quite honestly came off rude and a bit like a douche. Would not recommend

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

These are the offices that give all Dr's offices a bad name especially specialists. Receptionist was not engaged or friendly at all, we were seen by three people at three different times during the one hour wait to see Dr Woolner and once he did come in and look at my sons skin he left saying he'd be back? After a half hour I informed staff we were still waiting.....he soon returned to explain my sons condition in the impersonal ways, his body language was strange and after it was all over I wondered if I was really in a Dr's office? Our 3 minute appointment that took 90 minutes was finally over. Everyone's time should be respected and had there been an emergency causing him to run as late as he was possibly staff should give patients a heads up he's running late! I would not rcmd this office.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I had a similar experience as some other reviewers. He was wishy-washy with his recommendations, yet extremely condescending and demonstrated bizarre social skills. Very off-putting, especially when as a patient you're in a vulnerable position.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I have just seen him today and came out feeling totally confused and asking myself what just happened!!! I'm a skin cancer patient with a new lump on my chest, first time we've dealt with it...I was told I would be seeing him for a biopsy but instead he sat back in his chair with his eyes closed picking at something on his head while all the time asking me if I wanted 'another' scar on my chest? I said of course not but I don't want cancer again either....he said well it's up to you if we biopsy it, he wouldn't give me a straight answer no matter how many times I said you are the doctor not me!! I'm still confused an hour later with no biopsy or further appointment booked as he ditched me in the office to see another patient so I left! I'll be 100% getting a second opinion!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Having been his patient for more than 20 years I don't understand the bad reviews. He taken more than a few divots out of me. I find him quiet pleasant helpful. Yes he has been late a few times.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Wollener long, long ago was most likely caring and knowledgeable. He has lost both traits. He only cares for paying patients. He does not even know the basics anymore. Because of his non- caring ways I am now suffering for the rest of my life. I should have been sent right away to another specialist. He hates referring. Find another dermatologist. He is useless.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Because of Dr. Woolner's misdiagnosis, we are now facing six weeks, five days a week radiation treatments, You would think that a specialist/dermatologist would know the difference between a cyst and skin cancer. Several medical professionals we have met on our journey said "this was never a cyst, this is what cancer looks like". If you have any choice use another doctor or at the very least get a second opinion. We would have saved a lot of grief if we had done the same.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016