You may also like

Rate Dr. Derek Woolner

Dr. Derek Woolner's Ratings

He couldn't tell what I really needed. After 4 months of using the wrong cream he gave me he now he thinks it's something completely different. He keeps saying the same things over and over again and just rushes out of the appointment. Not happy with him so far. I'll give him one more chance but if there is still no difference I'll be finding someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Wollner does not care about the problem. He is in and out in a hurry, just prescribing some Medications. If I had a knowledgeable dermatologist in the beginning, I would not suffer for my condition right now. I am now in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

My experience with Dr Woolner has been great. He is very knowledgeable and honest with providing different options. His receptionist, Helen, is unprofessional, rude and knows nothing about customer service. I brought along my baby at my appointment for Dr. Woolner to check out some rashes that had been ongoing since he last saw her, she gave me grief and told me that I'm not allowed to ask him any questions about my child because "he needs to get paid and if every body did that, we will be working 24 hrs". Then she kept going on and on about how unfair it is to everyone and to the other staff member. Dr Woolner had better sense than his employee and saw my daughter. I wonder how Helen would have felt if she returned a piece of clothing to the store and was told that they can't honour a refund because if every body did that, they would go bankrupt. There are things we do out of goodwill and good customer service. As a patient for over 5 years, the total time I spent in the waiting room amounts to hours. The good doctor could spare an extra 5 minutes for me at least once. Helen has much to learn. She will never gain employment if this was a private facility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Took my Alzheimer's mother to him as she was hospitalized twice for a horrible rash. Waited for an hr and 15 mins to see him for a 7 min appt to tell me my mother had eczema. She had never had eczema before and her doctor was sure it is internal. This man has the bedside manner of a Nit. Don't waste your time as he has no problem wasting your time. Many other dermatologist out there. Staff could have cared less.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2845691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

He prescibed me cream for rosacea for my sensitive skin that has severe acne. It only made me acne worse and more painful. I waited for close to an hour for a 5 minute appointment. He didnt seem to care about concerns i had and shrugged off any questions i had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Woolner is very knowledgeable. He tells you in detail what your choices are for treatment and allows you to be part of the decision making process. He has a very dry sense of humour which translates into a great bedside manner. I find him to be quite charming. The only reason why he would be running behind on his appointments, is if he's had a patient who required a little more TLC or a quick minor surgical procedure. Where this helps most patients is that this enables you to have a procedure done right away, instead of just having a consultation and then having to book another appointment. I love the way he runs his clinic. Very efficient. If you're the type of person who gets bent out of shape if you have to wait for a doctor, you're probably the same person who waits impatiently in line at the grocery store, bank, Tim's ... you get the point. Life happens and sometimes people need a little more attention at that particular moment in time. Get over yourself if you have to wait. Dr. Woolner is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

A year ago I had the worse allergy a person could have. Couldn't sleep was looked terrible. Had a rash head to toe.
Dr.woolner was knowledgeable and I saw him once a month for almost a year.
Andrew

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I love this clinic! The lady who does the laser treatments rocks! And my pocket book was happy. A quarter of the price compared to that snooty clinic at the bottom of crowchild. And I saw results in one treatment, not 4 like the other clinic said. Saved myself 1500!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I have been satisfied with his treatments but must say I am very creeped out by him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I have to say I am completely shocked by the poor reviews of Dr. Woolner. I found him very informative and insightful. I was 29 years old and getting the acne of a teenager. I had an initial meeting with him. It had something to do with hormones. he prescribed some medication, and I took it. I decided I wanted my time to a clearer face to happen a bit more faster than the time it was taking with the current medication. I booked a second appointment and expressed that I wanted my pretty face back sooner. He was completely open to trying a different medication. The new medication worked beautifully. I have never waited hours for him. Never found his personality of a pompous man (that one made me snicker). I have had nothing but positive experiences at his clinic and especially with is staff. I dealt a lot with Tammy and found just as insightful as he was - with a positive and helpful attitude. I feell terrible for the people who said they had bad experience after bad experience, but I ponder the question... if you had a bad experience the first time, why would you continue going? Sometimes people don't mesh. It is the way of the world. What one person may find insightful another may find useless. There has to be some responsibility left to the clients themselves. Believe me, if I went there and didn't feel I obtained help, I would find someone else because that is what you do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600450].votes_count ]]