You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Derek Woolner

Wow. What a strange, condescending, patronizing man. Waiting for an hour put me off in the first place, and then having to deal with this monstrosity of a doctor? If someone had told me "He'll see you now, but careful, he's drunk" I wouldn't have been surprised. His slurring halfhearted attempts to appear human were off putting, if not downright creepy. It's as if a highly social sloth put on glasses and a lab coat after gorging all day at the big tree with the fermented berries, and tried to pass himself off as a dermatologist. Be warned all ye who enter here.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Waited for an hour for our appointment, then we're condescended to for five minutes while he refused to treat our son with the appropriate method rather deferring is to a lengthy topical cream. Sure glad we waited 4 months to get in to see him to totally waste our time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Have no idea why people are giving Dr. Woolner bad reviews. What have you done to help yourself? Everyone expects a "magic wand" with no effort on their part. Dr. Woolner has been treating me for years, is extremely calm and always answers questions thoroughly. I'm always floating on air when I leave his office. Try quitting smoking, stop eating junk food and get a grip on your stress. It works wonders. Take some responsibility. I did, and it changed my life!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

This dermatologist speaks painfully slowly and its tedious to listen to him. I would describe him as an odd-duck. Depsite being a pharmacist of 23 years (which I told him) he talked to me as if I was in grade 6.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Dr. Woolner is a wonderful doctor! He takes the time to explain what the treatment is and why it is needed. He patiently takes the time to explain everything fully, making make sure you understand, a definite bonus when one has been diagnosed with cancer. Hearing the dreaded "C" word is a bit shocking and he knows this so he makes sure you understand everything. He's also very available if you need a follow-up appointment, and he makes sure you have lots of refills for your prescriptions. Dr. Woolner is a physician you can trust!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Waited 1 hour to see Dr. Woolner. Receptionist Helen was rude when I asked how much longer might I wait. Finally saw Dr. Woolner and I have to say I was very disappointed . He did not introduce himself nor did he make eye contact. He asking me "what do you think is wrong with you". I kept thinking if I knew what was wrong I would not need to be there . Very dispassionate and odd experience.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Condescending and speaks in a slow tone. Totally unnecessary, and it's patronizing. Lack of creativity and range in treatment options. Seeing in reviews that he treats elderly patients with a condescending attitude makes me incredibly angry. People avoid situations they feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in. Even if they have life altering consequences. I hope you think about that significant moral issue when you read your reviews Dr Woolner.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

He seems knowledgeable enough, but is a weird bedside manner. Kinda gives me the creeps in that he asked inappropriate questions about if I was happy with my marriage relationship. Also not particularly pleased with the placement of his genetals against my inner thigh when he checks my face. Find another Dermatologist if you can.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. W has extremely odd beside manners, it's almost as if he is lifeless when speaking to you. I wouldn't say that he's condescending, but I can certainly see why some would think otherwise. His staff were decent, but the wait took 1.5 hours. He's not great, but he will probably get the job done. However, there are probably better dermatologists you can go see.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

He couldn't tell what I really needed. After 4 months of using the wrong cream he gave me he now he thinks it's something completely different. He keeps saying the same things over and over again and just rushes out of the appointment. Not happy with him so far. I'll give him one more chance but if there is still no difference I'll be finding someone else.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Derek Woolner's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Wow. What a strange, condescending, patronizing man. Waiting for an hour put me off in the first place, and then having to deal with this monstrosity of a docto..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Waited for an hour for our appointment, then we're condescended to for five minutes while he refused to treat our son with the appropriate method rather deferri..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Have no idea why people are giving Dr. Woolner bad reviews. What have you done to help yourself? Everyone expects a "magic wand" with no effort on their part..."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "This dermatologist speaks painfully slowly and its tedious to listen to him. I would describe him as an odd-duck. Depsite being a pharmacist of 23 years (whic..."

December 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woolner is a wonderful doctor! He takes the time to explain what the treatment is and why it is needed. He patiently takes the time to explain everything fu..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Waited 1 hour to see Dr. Woolner. Receptionist Helen was rude when I asked how much longer might I wait. Finally saw Dr. Woolner and I have to say I was very..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Condescending and speaks in a slow tone. Totally unnecessary, and it's patronizing. Lack of creativity and range in treatment options. Seeing in reviews that he..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He seems knowledgeable enough, but is a weird bedside manner. Kinda gives me the creeps in that he asked inappropriate questions about if I was happy with my ..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. W has extremely odd beside manners, it's almost as if he is lifeless when speaking to you. I wouldn't say that he's condescending, but I can certainly see w..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He couldn't tell what I really needed. After 4 months of using the wrong cream he gave me he now he thinks it's something completely different. He keeps saying ..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wollner does not care about the problem. He is in and out in a hurry, just prescribing some Medications. If I had a knowledgeable dermatologist in the begin..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr Woolner has been great. He is very knowledgeable and honest with providing different options. His receptionist, Helen, is unprofessional, ..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Took my Alzheimer's mother to him as she was hospitalized twice for a horrible rash. Waited for an hr and 15 mins to see him for a 7 min appt to tell me my moth..."

June 23, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://northwestdermatology.ca" to "http://northwestdermatology.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3G 0B4". Address has been updated from "None" to "225,600 Crowfoot Crescent NW, Calgary". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032477070".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He prescibed me cream for rosacea for my sensitive skin that has severe acne. It only made me acne worse and more painful. I waited for close to an hour for a 5..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woolner is very knowledgeable. He tells you in detail what your choices are for treatment and allows you to be part of the decision making process. He has a..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "A year ago I had the worse allergy a person could have. Couldn't sleep was looked terrible. Had a rash head to toe. Dr.woolner was knowledgeable and I saw him ..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love this clinic! The lady who does the laser treatments rocks! And my pocket book was happy. A quarter of the price compared to that snooty clinic at the b..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been satisfied with his treatments but must say I am very creeped out by him!!"

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to say I am completely shocked by the poor reviews of Dr. Woolner. I found him very informative and insightful. I was 29 years old and getting the acne o..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Woolner for only one appointment. He has terrible bedside manner and wasn't helpful at all. He didn't answer any of my questions. It seems like he..."

October 20, 2014