Ratings for Dr. Derek Woolner

Worse Doctor ever. Making another apt with a real doctor. Maybe he's brilliant, he just doesn't care about people and that doesn't work for me.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Woolner knows his stuff. His bedside manner can come across as gruff, but he is medically brilliant.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

This is the worst doctor. Does not know what he is talking about, and he does not even care. Find someone else to help you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

The worst experience with a doctor ever!!! after waiting for my appointment for months! doctor spend less than 5 minutes and left without listing and didn't even understand what the case is nor explaining next step!! rude and unprofessional!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I had been referred to a dermatologist by my family Md and was wait-listed several months. After becoming worried that my conditioning was worsening, I contacted my physician to inquire if there were any way I could be seen quicker - at which point my referral was redirected to Dr. Woolner and had an appointment several months earlier than originally scheduled. Upon arrival at Dr. Woolner's office, I filled out my paperwork and then sat in the waiting room for over an hour past my appointment time. I was finally led into an exam room, where I sat for an additional 20 minutes. Finally Dr. Woolner entered the room followed by a woman whom he failed to introduce, he instructed her to "find out what my problem was" and then left. The woman (Doctor? Med student? Resident? Nurse?? No idea) nervously examined me with zero degree of confidence. She left the room and returned with Dr. Woolner, he lazily and condescendingly explained my condition to this woman. He then turned to me and stated "Now your big question is, you're wondering what you did WRONG to cause this issue?" Without going into too much detail - I have an autoimmune disorder that causes pigmentation problems, so no, I'm not wondering what I did wrong... Also of note - I'm a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. He then outlined several treatment options and ended each with telling me they likely won't work. When I asked him what he recommended as the best course of treatment he became clearly irritated. In the end I decided my own best course of treatment - I left his office, got in my car, and immediately phoned my family physician to request a new referral to a different dermatologist. I have now seen my new doctor several times and could not be happier. Do not waste your time with Dr. Woolner. I'm sure he would do well in a research environment, but this man should have NO interaction with patients.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Extremely disappointed with my visit with Dr. Woolner. After waiting four months for my referred dermatology appointment due to more than 3 persistent skin issues, I was extremely disappointed to only be in the office with Dr. Woolner for less than ten minutes. I could scarcely get a word in edgeways to try and describe my skin conditions, and when I did I was dismissed or interrupted. He spent the majority of the time talking to his paper as opposed to making eye contact with me, which made me feel very uncomfortable, and is usually the opposite of how a patient should be made to feel. It should also be noted that he did not even look at the second condition I attempted to bring up with him. I will not be taking the medication (for the one issue) that he prescribed due to the side effects that would negatively affect my day-to-day life. I needed someone to help me and guide me through these consistent issues which have been giving me a really difficult time, and unfortunately Dr. Woolner did not provide that for me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Very condescending and rude. I was shocked with how disinterested and arrogant he was after waiting months to see him. There are nice ways to engage with people and reassure them they are okay without treating people like idiots. Won't see him again.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Woolner for years, desperate to have clear skin. After countless topical creams, years of taking antibiotics (which destroyed my stomach) he made things worse!! He had no idea what he was doing and misdiagnosed my condition over and over. I had enough and saw another dermatologist in the city, and after a short 3 months of treatment with this new doctor my face was fresh and clear!! Dr. Woolner should hang up his lab coat for good.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Was extremely rude, every time I asked a question or for clarification was treated as if I was an idiot. Too many analogies and quite honestly came off rude and a bit like a douche. Would not recommend

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

These are the offices that give all Dr's offices a bad name especially specialists. Receptionist was not engaged or friendly at all, we were seen by three people at three different times during the one hour wait to see Dr Woolner and once he did come in and look at my sons skin he left saying he'd be back? After a half hour I informed staff we were still waiting.....he soon returned to explain my sons condition in the impersonal ways, his body language was strange and after it was all over I wondered if I was really in a Dr's office? Our 3 minute appointment that took 90 minutes was finally over. Everyone's time should be respected and had there been an emergency causing him to run as late as he was possibly staff should give patients a heads up he's running late! I would not rcmd this office.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016