Ratings for Dr. Derek Woolner

Having been his patient for more than 20 years I don't understand the bad reviews. He taken more than a few divots out of me. I find him quiet pleasant helpful. Yes he has been late a few times.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Wollener long, long ago was most likely caring and knowledgeable. He has lost both traits. He only cares for paying patients. He does not even know the basics anymore. Because of his non- caring ways I am now suffering for the rest of my life. I should have been sent right away to another specialist. He hates referring. Find another dermatologist. He is useless.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Because of Dr. Woolner's misdiagnosis, we are now facing six weeks, five days a week radiation treatments, You would think that a specialist/dermatologist would know the difference between a cyst and skin cancer. Several medical professionals we have met on our journey said "this was never a cyst, this is what cancer looks like". If you have any choice use another doctor or at the very least get a second opinion. We would have saved a lot of grief if we had done the same.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

The receptionist is probably the most rude one I have ever come across. An elderly lady came in while I was waiting. She was confused about when her appointment was and the receptionist was practically yelling at her. I did not have to wait too long to see the Dr.. An interesting fellow. I was there to discuss a mole and he kept referring to 'the sticky outty' part of it, like I was six or something. He seemed a very knowledgeable chap and tried hard to be personable but it was obvious it wasn't his forte. I was glad when the appointment was over and Imwill never have to go back there again.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

My daughter visited this dr for spots that appeared on her legs. The spots were clearly under the skin level. Dr. Woolner concluded that it was eczema and prescribed a topical creme. Turns out these spots were an early indication of vasculitis in her legs. Because of his misdiagnosis we were unable to treat her properly. She now suffers from nerve damage as a result of the vasculitis and has no feeling in both feet and legs. She can barely walk in her own. This doctor is a total waste of time.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Yes, he runs late consistently. Many doctors do. No, he's not warm and fuzzy. I don't go to a specialist to get warm and fuzzy, I go to get an opinion from someone smart.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Wow. What a strange, condescending, patronizing man. Waiting for an hour put me off in the first place, and then having to deal with this monstrosity of a doctor? If someone had told me "He'll see you now, but careful, he's drunk" I wouldn't have been surprised. His slurring halfhearted attempts to appear human were off putting, if not downright creepy. It's as if a highly social sloth put on glasses and a lab coat after gorging all day at the big tree with the fermented berries, and tried to pass himself off as a dermatologist. Be warned all ye who enter here.

Submitted February 12, 2016

Waited for an hour for our appointment, then we're condescended to for five minutes while he refused to treat our son with the appropriate method rather deferring is to a lengthy topical cream. Sure glad we waited 4 months to get in to see him to totally waste our time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Have no idea why people are giving Dr. Woolner bad reviews. What have you done to help yourself? Everyone expects a "magic wand" with no effort on their part. Dr. Woolner has been treating me for years, is extremely calm and always answers questions thoroughly. I'm always floating on air when I leave his office. Try quitting smoking, stop eating junk food and get a grip on your stress. It works wonders. Take some responsibility. I did, and it changed my life!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

This dermatologist speaks painfully slowly and its tedious to listen to him. I would describe him as an odd-duck. Depsite being a pharmacist of 23 years (which I told him) he talked to me as if I was in grade 6.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015