Ratings for Dr. Roy Kang

Rachel is lovely. Unfortunately, Dr. Kang is not great with complex/challenging dental repair, as my fillings from him fell out multiple times - he claimed it was due to teeth clenching, but had me pay to replace the fillings 2-3 times before suggesting a mouth guard or caps (and even then, that didn't explain how ALL my fillings from him were falling out vs. just the ones affected by the clenching contact points). I changed dentists after approximately 8 fillings fell out within 6 weeks of going in, and he was charging me to replace them because it was "my fault". I switched dentists who informed me that it was not my teeth clenching but rather he needed to properly prepare the tooth. Since changing dentists, none of my new fillings have fallen out (despite using the same materials and not using a mouth guard). My fillings from Dr. Kang continue to fall out, and it's incredibly frustrating because I ran out my dental with him last year and have now run out my dental insurance this year simply re-doing the work he botched. I used to love going to see him - he is interesting and wonderful with patients and treatment is predictable and pain-free (for the dental-phobics) but unfortunately he is not a good choice if you have complex dental challenges that need to be treated. I wish he would have at least taken some responsibility - the most recent filling I lost I will have to pay out of pocket to repair (and really, all work i've had done this year was previously done in 2017 so... not too pleased). His assistant (?) for most of my work also never seemed to know what she was doing... he has to direct her a lot. Don't know what that was about, weird. I wish them well, though, but not for me. I strongly disagree with those that say he is up-to-date on his knowledge, upon switching dentists was when I realized he is really not doing a lot of the latest techniques in his office. I'm so disappointed to realize this is the case as I have been with them for many years and had complete trust in their work until recently.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

I have been with Dr Kang since he opened his office in Stittsville, he is awesome so my whole family of 5 goes there. Karen is an awesome hygienist we see regularily.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Been with them for years - always great. On time, always accommodating....

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr Kang and his staff are the best around. Very honest and accommodating.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Very pleasant staff, always seen right on time, very accommodating. Don't do additional unnecessary work. I would recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Kang for about 10 years. I disagree with complaints made here about rude staff and how he has gloom doom attitude (he's always smiling). However, he failed to satisfy some needs I had, and failed to address them and talk to me in detail about it. At some times I felt confused as to what I needed done on my teeth next. Therefore, I find him one of the good dentists but not great. The price is quite high actually. I decided to change my dentist after my friend recommended Dr. Lee actually. But Dr. Kang is not bad at all.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

I've lived in a number of cities. I Can't compare Dr Kang to other Ottawa dentists as he is the only one I went to here. But I've had a much better overall experience with other dentists I've used previously. I will be looking for another Stittsville / Kanata dental office. Again, I wouldn't say he's terrible by any means, but for my money, and dental work requires a lot of it, I intend to keep shopping. Thanks

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr Kang is the finest Dentist I have ever met. He never seems to stop learning which allows him to keep up-to-date on new techniques, equipment and procedures. As a result, he is remarkably knowledgeable. In additon, he is noticeably thorough in every aspect of his work and his dentistry is virtually pain free. His office is spotless and each member of his large staff is excellent. He is punctual and seems to have the ability to fit in emergency patients. On each of my visits to Dr Kang (over several years), I felt as though I was the only important person in his world at the time. His attention to me, the patient, was unequivocal. His explanations with respect to my condition, prognosis and treatment were expansive, practical and helpful. His office staff's handling of my insurance claims are quick and faultless. His dental hygenists are outstanding. This gentle man is the epitome of a professional health provider and his business is a reflection of his own excellence.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

I read the other comments and completely disagree with anyone who says this is a terrible office, they must be out to lunch! the secretary is extremely nice and has never given me or anyone i have seen in the office a hard time. As for Dr. Kang he is amazing. I have never felt any extreme pain or had to wait long for an appointment. He is very thorough with his work and very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Dr. Kang's office is great. I don't know what you would mean by doom and gloom attitude...that's actually ridiculous because I've never seen him anything other than happy. Obviously they are very busy a lot of the time (people like going there...), but I find they all still manage to appear completely calm and cheerful. I've been going there for 7 years now and I'm about to book an appointment very soon actually. I look forward to talking to his secretary because she is very polite and sociable, she is one of the most friendly people I have met. He is very thorough and yes a perfectionist which is perfect because he doesn't let things slip by and is always very careful. Great dentist, great staff.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010