Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Nusbaum

Visited Dr. Nusbaum 4 times in 7 months and spent $800 in office visits and over $1200 in lab work for a condition which I have had for 21 years. Went to him to monitor my thyroid medicine which I have been on for years. At one point he would only give me 3 months worth so I called for a refill and was told I could not have one until I came in again for another $100 visit. I had just been to the office less than a month prior. He held a blood work order hostage as well until I made another appointment. I was just there 2 months ago. It's like extortion. The final straw was when I called for my records and was told I had to tell them why I wanted them. Been a nurse for 21 years and know HIPAA. Maybe they should read up on it.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I think Dr. Nusbaum is fabulous. He will try very hard to find the right combination to treat you. He does use naturopathic and homeopathic medications. He does sell them at his office. But there is absolutely no pressure to buy them from him. You can buy some at health food stores and others online. Frankly, I have found that buying directly from him isn't anymore expensive than buying online.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I saw Dr. Nusbaum for several years; at first I was impressed that he had helped me with my symptoms and I thought I was finally on a road to recovery; but then every 3 months the $85 visits that took me over an hour to get to seemed just to be to prescribe me new supplements to take with no benefit to me. I raised my concerns and was told I should make another appointment with a colleague in the practice (not a Dr). I just stopped going as I could no longer afford the time off work to go to the appts and the additional supplements that did nothing for me. I also felt I was given up on by the doctor who was supposed to help cure me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

This MD is rare combination of traditional and alternative medicine.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Nusbaum is a holistic doctor working w/ Dr. Brownstein + Dr. Ng. at Ctr for Holistic Medicine. Holistic = traditional + naturopathic medicine. In 2005, a trad. gen. practice MD prescribed the carcinogenic pesticide Lindane to me for scabies, I developed a severe case of rheumatoid arthritis. So, I went to see a Rheumatologist expecting quick results. He offered no hope-"I can't do anything for you until it gets really bad, then I can hit you hard with cancer fighting drugs." On this note, out of desperation, I went to Dr. Nusbaum. After a series of tests, he confirmed the diagnosis, checked my hormone levels, and put me on anti-inflammatories, natural hormones, probiotics, anti-viral, anti-bacterial medications - mostly naturopathic. My symptoms almost immediately went into a remission state. Now 2009, I still may never be cured. If noone else can offer solutions to your medical problems, try CHM-it's worth a cross country flight. Don't go there for light stuff-it's too expensive.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Very knowledgeable doctor. First doctor that I met who doesn't want to just put you an meds. He will find a natural way to cure your problem.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Approach very narrow, not willing to listen to patient. Very anxious to sell expensive supplements.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey Nusbaum's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in West Bloomfield, MI