Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Spence

He's a decent doctor , but forget about actually seeing him unless maybe it's an emergency. He's been my doctor for 8 years but I haven't seen him in the last 2. I can get an appointment for a physical but it will be in about 4 months. I guess that 20 minutes of his time per year is asking too much.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

It is about impossible to see Dr. Spence when one needs to anymore. Since expanding the office, I have yet to see my regular physician. At one point, I was told it would be three months. Also, I have dealt with some serious health issues and pain for 2.5 years. There has been no resolve and he has stopped looking into things as they progressively get worse. I am beyond frustrated and don't appreciate his rude comments either. The last one being that when I asked him a question he stated I only had been put into a ten minute slot and had no time to answer it.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Considering he feels everything can be solved by going on vegan diet,I would say that his severely underweight self could benefit from some sort of nutrition education. I have been put off and told to wait out many issues I have had. I am over weight and I just quit smoking. I know I am not a mold for health but I should still be treated like a human being. His advice to lose weight and come back when I can quit smoking instead of addressing my issues was really uncalled for. I have a thyroid issue and mental health issues, polycyctic ovary syndrome. All untreated because my unexpected weight gain and hairy chin,yes I'm female, could be cured by vegan-ism.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Douglas M. Spence's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthFirst