Ratings for Dr. Raul Carvalho

Such a legit doc! Best I've ever experienced without a doubt. He's always happy and willing to help!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

A caring soul who genuinely cares for your well being. He is able to treat you with a smile and stay positives, even when the news may not call for it. We are very lucky to call him our MD.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. C has been my primary care physician for several years now and he has always provided the best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit. Despite having a busy practice, I am almost always able to schedule an appointment. There may be a bit of a wait but he is worth it. I was in the hospital for a little over a week last year and Dr. C visited me twice. It is very rare to find a family physician who still visits their patients who have been admitted to hospital. It's a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being, and takes the time to explain his diagnosis. He is a great doctor, and when I think back to the days when I had the rushed and impersonal treatment of other GPs or the hassle of finding a family practitioner who would fit me in, I am truly grateful.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. C is a caring and kind soul. While he has a tendency to overbook he is only late because he gives each patient the time they need to feel cared for. His bedside manner is outstanding and his experience and advice are unmatched. I am very lucky to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

He has been my family Dr since I was born 35 years ago. He is caring and an all around good Dr. I won't know what to do if he retires. He's been my dads Dr for 45 years. He is professional and Fernanda is his best staff thus far. Wait times aren't great but I've got to say it's much better now from years back when a different lady was running front desk. I've learned to not book last min and expect waiting a bit. Emergencies happen.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Our family has been going to Dr Carvalho for over 25 years and he has been wonderful. I'm seeing a lot of negative comments here and I'm very surprised. He has always listened to each of us and taken great care to address all of our concerns and questions. When something is out of his realm and needs attention he has always referred us to a specialist immediately. He has always included life style changes, nutrition etc. in all of his conversations. Yes, he does prescribe drugs but I wouldn't say it was to excess. Personally, when I've asked for another way to handle a health issue (other than drugs) he has always been pleased that I've asked and has made an effort to work with non-drugs. We have had serious health issues in the family but they were always acknowledged, researched and taken care of. Yes, there are long waits but that's nothing that any other Dr.'s office doesn't have. I've always taken the position that your Dr. is someone on your "team" and that there needs to be a conversation going on - we need to be proactive. I highly recommend Dr. Carvalho

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr Carvalho WAS our family Dr for years. He even delivered me and I'm almost 30. He used to be a good Dr either that or we just didn't know any better. The wait times are terrible but I can and will deal with that for a Dr that is worth it and he is not. Thanks to his laziness on testing my father for simple tests, my father had to undergo major surgery this year. If we hadn't left this "Dr's" practice he could have died if the situation got any worse. He does not like to refer you to do any tests or see any specialists. He would rather prescribe all the drugs in the world instead of helping with preventative medicine. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. If you want prescription after prescription for no reason, see this Dr. If you want him to just assume you have a condition just from 1-2 symptoms rather than doing a simple urine or blood test, see this Dr. Thankfully my entire family has found a new Dr we can trust. The only decent thing about this Dr was his staff, they did the best they could even when he was clearly overbooked just so he could make more money.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Dr. Carvalho is very personable and polite. His medical style on the other hand is lacking in my opinion. He is often late, offices are crowded (with people that have appointments as well as those who do not), he does not spend much time with you, and will often trivialize concerns you ask about. Surgery, long-term prescription drug use or other invasive treatments are his only offerings for any condition. I have never heard him suggest dietary, exercise or lifestyle changes. He will let small warning signs grow into major health problems and focus on symptoms rather than determining causes. Dr. Carvalho practices a reactive approach to medicine rather than a proactive/preventative one. I have been a patient of his for 30 years but after watching family members fall ill and collect more and more prescriptions under his care rather than real solutions, I will be taking any of my future health concerns elsewhere. Remember that its okay to get a second opinion on any diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I have been with Dr. Carvalho for almost 5 years now. They need to clone this Doctor and make other Doctors out of them.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

DR CARVALHO HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS..HE IS GREAT,TAKES TIME TO LISTEN,ALWAYS THERE WHEN YOU NEED HIM.I UNDERSTAND HES LATE A FEW TIMES BUT REALLY MOST DOCTORS ARE,BEATS WAITING AT A WALK IN.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012