Ratings for Dr. Marci McCune

I've had a great experience with Dr. McCune. She performed emergency surgery and then 6mo later performed followup surgery. She gave me confidence. She is now f/u with me to order more tests to determine ongoing problems. She is taking my symptoms seriously and will get to the bottom of the problem. I have all the faith in her. As well, she runs a great business-efficient, on time and can give a great flash of a smile. I am certainly not one that likes seeing doctors, but if i have to, then she is my first choice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. McCune is knowledgeable, direct, straight forward and is a consummate professional. She is a surgeon who acts and moves swiftly when urgent care is required and did not hesitate to support me with knowledge and frank conversation regarding my condition. She is supportive, caring and showed a warmth that endeared her to me greatly in my time of unease and uncertainty. I feel grateful that she is my surgeon and secure in knowing that I am in good care in her hands.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

A very good surgeon - knowledgeable and forthright, and able to communicate with patients. Self confident because she obviously has kept up with matters in her field and is not afraid to tell the patient, even bad news is properly delivered. Very busy practice but as I was there for a specific reason I can live with that and appreciate that I was not an emergency but a fairly routine procedure - although we all like to think we are special. I would certainly recommend her to any one - especially those who are dealing with cancer issues.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Dr. McCune was friendly and forthright, and ordered tests to figure out my problem. She could not tell me what it was, other than that it was not cancer or any other serious illness. She advised me to come back if the lump changed. When I did come back, she told my doctor (in writing) that I was worrying excessively over nothing and kept returning to her. Well, that's what I had been told to do!! Anyway, all I wanted was to know what the problem was and why it was continuing. "I don't know" wasn't a good enough answer for me, and for that I was characterized as a malingerer.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

I appreciated Dr McCune's no nonsense down to earth just the facts ma'am approach to my health. I wanted the truth and I got it. Then I sat down with her and we formulated a plan. She was an excellent Dr/ Surgeon and did an amazing job with my double mastectomy. She worked as a team player with all of my cancer team and each team member showed a great respect for her and her experience and skill as a surgeon. Nothing but the best for me ... I trust her with my life and she pulled through for me along with the entire medical team. Thank you You are an excellent Dr and I have the utmost respect for you as a Dr and a person.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Plain and simple this doctor almost killed me. I get these things happen but plainly it should and it did, carelessness, I am forever changed. If I couldn't turn back time I would run from her care, fast and far. Please don't let her downplay the risks, they have to happen to someone and it could be you! It was ME, and my family and I have suffered greatly.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

My spouse and I have both had surgery with this Dr. She is straight forward and to the point. Helped save my spouse's life and is just an all round good person and very caring and knowledgable Dr. We are very lucky to have her at our hospital. Anyone should be happy to be referred to her. You are in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

This Dr did surgery on me and it was interesting. She had great bedside manner, but was horrible with follow up. When asking for a follow up (advised by the home care nurse) she told me I had scar tissue and not to come back. I had such bad pain another surgeon opened it and it was all infected!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

this doctor is ALLl about the MONEY for unecessary procedures and unresponsive about my operation and results, she did the most expensive, most invasive procedures firstly, before even a simple x-ray and or an ultra-sound. When the head of Doctor & Nursing of Wingham hospital questioned her behaviour she still did not change her tune I since have reported Dr Marci McCune to the College of Physicians and they are doing an investigation of her and she also cut my intestines during a routine colonoscopy! and I since have had to have many trips to the Wingham hospital, bleeding and chronic pain! Dr M McCune still refuses to give me my results s escpecially since Walkerton Hospital did a Cat Scan after her so called "Procedure" on me!!!!!! I would NEVER Recommend her, she is ARROGANT ., a DANGEROUS DOCTOR and REPLACEABLE! BY AN EXPERIENCED DOCTOR WHO DOESNT DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD! BE AWARE I WISH I NEW WHAT I KNOW NOW! ABOUT HER! DONT GO TO HER! THERE ARE MANY, OTHER GOOD DOCTORS OUT THERE

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

this doctor was very rude and told me that there was nothing wrong with me... well after day surgery we found out there was alot wrong. I woke in the middle of the surgery and she would not put me back out she just jammed the throat scope down my throat awake and just let me cry and gag in it. I found her to be very uncaring. I was so scared of her I never returned to her for further help I found a good Doc instead

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008