Ratings for Dr. Marci McCune

How can you not appreciate a surgeon who shoots straight from the hip. Marcie is thorough , knowledgeable , and down to earth. She looked after me, explained why things were progressing as they were and set my mind at ease. I couldn't have asked for better care.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Marci is amazing. A little brusk at times but always takes time to explain things and doesn't sugar coat anything. She did a lumpectomy as well as a mastectomy on me and her care of me is excellent. She has been with me all the way through so far. Even when I was in the hospital for other reasons, if she was in the unit I was or anywhere near, she popped in just to say hi.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Flexible booking for appointments. prompt responses to inquiries. I was advised of the results as soon as they were available from the lab. Follow-up care was excellent.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

I've had a great experience with Dr. McCune. She performed emergency surgery and then 6mo later performed followup surgery. She gave me confidence. She is now f/u with me to order more tests to determine ongoing problems. She is taking my symptoms seriously and will get to the bottom of the problem. I have all the faith in her. As well, she runs a great business-efficient, on time and can give a great flash of a smile. I am certainly not one that likes seeing doctors, but if i have to, then she is my first choice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. McCune is knowledgeable, direct, straight forward and is a consummate professional. She is a surgeon who acts and moves swiftly when urgent care is required and did not hesitate to support me with knowledge and frank conversation regarding my condition. She is supportive, caring and showed a warmth that endeared her to me greatly in my time of unease and uncertainty. I feel grateful that she is my surgeon and secure in knowing that I am in good care in her hands.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

A very good surgeon - knowledgeable and forthright, and able to communicate with patients. Self confident because she obviously has kept up with matters in her field and is not afraid to tell the patient, even bad news is properly delivered. Very busy practice but as I was there for a specific reason I can live with that and appreciate that I was not an emergency but a fairly routine procedure - although we all like to think we are special. I would certainly recommend her to any one - especially those who are dealing with cancer issues.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Dr. McCune was friendly and forthright, and ordered tests to figure out my problem. She could not tell me what it was, other than that it was not cancer or any other serious illness. She advised me to come back if the lump changed. When I did come back, she told my doctor (in writing) that I was worrying excessively over nothing and kept returning to her. Well, that's what I had been told to do!! Anyway, all I wanted was to know what the problem was and why it was continuing. "I don't know" wasn't a good enough answer for me, and for that I was characterized as a malingerer.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

I appreciated Dr McCune's no nonsense down to earth just the facts ma'am approach to my health. I wanted the truth and I got it. Then I sat down with her and we formulated a plan. She was an excellent Dr/ Surgeon and did an amazing job with my double mastectomy. She worked as a team player with all of my cancer team and each team member showed a great respect for her and her experience and skill as a surgeon. Nothing but the best for me ... I trust her with my life and she pulled through for me along with the entire medical team. Thank you You are an excellent Dr and I have the utmost respect for you as a Dr and a person.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Plain and simple this doctor almost killed me. I get these things happen but plainly it should and it did, carelessness, I am forever changed. If I couldn't turn back time I would run from her care, fast and far. Please don't let her downplay the risks, they have to happen to someone and it could be you! It was ME, and my family and I have suffered greatly.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

My spouse and I have both had surgery with this Dr. She is straight forward and to the point. Helped save my spouse's life and is just an all round good person and very caring and knowledgable Dr. We are very lucky to have her at our hospital. Anyone should be happy to be referred to her. You are in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009