Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Stallman

Local VA doc. Spends a full hour on each 6 month visit. Prescribes pain meds I need but is very averse to treating long term pain with narcotic pain relievers. VA cut my private sector dose by 75%. Life's tolerable with what I get. Very responsive in immediate situations and does what has to be done to get vet the treatment they need. Very personable and obviously very, very caring about the veterans he treats. Staff are great with one small disappointment. I had an emergency pain situation. Was told by nurse to go to ER in Iron Mountain 214 miles away or would have to pay myself to go to local ER. I chose to pay as I was in too much pain to travel that far. But, the same nurse advocated for me with the doc when it was obvious pain meds were insufficient for long term pain. I've been to other local VA clinics as has my brother. This is absolutely the very best available in Michigan. In many places, all you see is a nurse; very seldom a doctor. 5 star rating deserved!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Have had to change appt's, staff very helpful. Does extremely fine job of examination. I'm over seventy and had the best initial office exam I have ever had! Never hurries you. No problem with changing scripts.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

This Doctor is adverse to treating long term patients in pain. He is an employee of the VA and is slow to respond to refill requests. I feel he is just marking time to retirement

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Timothy J. Stallman's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1981)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union