Ratings for Dr. Katherine Isles

Dr. Isles provides good insight into problems and is an advocate of "talk" therapy and is willing to help anyway she can!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

She was okay. Aloof, not the most empathetic and sometimes cuts sessions short or starts them late. She seems to be there for the money.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I am very relieved to read some of the comments on this site and to find out that I am not the only patient who feels more depressed/a higher level of anxiety following sessions with Dr. Isles. On multiple occasions, I have experienced severe panic attacks during my (45 min) drive home from a session and have had to seek support from a crisis line. Although I have always treated her with respect, it is evident that she does not like me, for some reason, from the way that she conducts herself during my sessions. She provides no advice, lack of compassion, lack of interest in what I am saying as evidenced by her yawning, completing "other work" and checking text messages during my sessions. I would recommend seeking therapy elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Im shocked at the good reviews. I got the side of her with bad reviews, infact the GPs at my doctors office has had too many complaints from others that they are no longer referring anyone to Aberfoyle. It took me so long to see her and after a few visits with her, she made me worse then what I was there for intitally. The receptionists are very nice, and I see her treat them very coldly as well. I am very dissappointed I was not rude to her nor at all, despite her yawning alot, and clearly showing her disinterest in me. She is very fortunate that I am the kind of person who treats others like they would like to be treated, because if I treated her the way she treated me with yawning and continuos negative comments, she would of not appreciated it either. Shame on you Katherine Isles!!!!!! If I could base the stars on the reception it would all be great but these are based on you.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I have a very positive impression of this doctor. She has a very extensive education and many degrees and postgraduate training. Very skillfull and quick thinker. Has helped improve life for many.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

excellent doctor, and very empathetic. superb bedside manners. saved lifes

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Isles was very knowledgeable and helped me with my depression and made me see the light at tend of the tunnel. I recommend Dr. Isles as she is a great therapist.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

An excellent therapist. Very knowledgeable professional who deeply cares for her patients and provides them with the care they need and deserve. I am suprised by the negative and vulgar comments of some claiming to be her patients. This lady deserves a lot more respect.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

She should not be referred to as "doctor". She does not care to help. In the 3 moths I was her patient, she never once bothered to ask for my medical assessments from my GP to actually have a background on my mental status. She did not listen to me, wrote incorrect notes during my sessions, made me feel like I shouldn't exist, and finally said I'm not the right fit because she only offers support therapy (while sipping her tea which she is more interested in during all sessions). I am not interested in having a tea time conversation, I went there to get help. This "doctor" fails to help in anyway, in fact, I became worse after my last session because of the things she had said. She is cold, aloof, distracted, unprofessional, insincere, and simply DOES NOT CARE! Stay away from her if you are interested in getting better.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Katherine Isles's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1978)

Champ Va