Ratings for Dr. Anthony Petrasek

He's great, takes good care to explain procedures, ensures the comfort of his patients!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

We are very lucky to have such a wonderful doctor in Peterborough!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Botched hernia surgery; now living with chronic pain. Thanks doc

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Caring, intelligent, extremely helpful and with a great bedside manner. Very respecting of patient's choices. One of the best doctors I have encountered.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Don't let this butcher near you. Impatient, impolite, obnoxious, and most importantly chooses to diagnose so is an easy task for him regardless of whether or not a patient's organ is salvageable.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dr. Petrasek saved my life he is a very special man !!!! I thank him from the bottom of my heart . Office staff are pretty fantastic also

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Petrasek is an amazing surgeon, no doubt, with excellent patient/ doctor skills prior to surgery. He is highly informative, makes sure that his patient is provided with as much knowledge, verbal and printed and very reassuring about his skills and concern with his patient. On a scale of 1-10 I would give him 10+, prior to surgery. After surgery, he was out to see us and talk to us for half an hour. He was incredibly patient and in no rush to leave us. Since surgery, we have found him to be indecisive, unsure, inept to a small degree, and unwilling or unable to look at the patient's wife while he talks to a male family member in the room. He has a poor bedside manner, which I would assume is common for a surgeon. Ineptness in following through with what he says he will do, uncertainty with regard to the post-op issues at hand. He leaves family and patient feeling as if he does not have time to deal with the problem at hand. We will arrange for further surgeries at Lakeridge Health in the future. He has left me, family and friends totally at a loss over his lack of bedside manner!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

My father had appendix removed by Dr. Petrasek. Horrific post surgical infection resulted and wound had to be reopened and drained. Post surgery care in office was unprofessional and my elderly mother had to assist him in changing the dressing as Dr. attempted to do it alone and couldn't hold drains and bandages by himself!! Wildly long and painful recovery. Pick another surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Absolutely ridiculous. Arriving 20 minutes early for what was to be a quick consultation regarding surgery. Despite being the only one in the waiting room, 40 minutes passed without being talked to. Afterwards patients with appointments began coming in, all of whom were seen before me. The doctor would go to his receptionist and pick whom he wanted to see, commenting to the receptionist that he would handle my colonoscopy later (I wasn't there for a colonoscopy). After over an hour, and seeing 4 people who entered the office well after me, I couldn't wait any longer as I had to pick up my child. I left, commenting that this was ridiculous. After getting my child home I called to reschedule, and was informed because I left he would not reschedule me unless I had my family doctor set it up again . I waited over a month for what was supposed to be a quick consultation,. The receptionist told me that he seen all the other patients first in order to spend more time with me, which was a flat out lie because a) it was just supposed to be a quick meeting to discuss my options for surgery, and b) he had no idea why I was there, and thought it was for a colonoscopy. I wouldn't recommend seeing him as they can't manage appointments in any way, can't adhere to a time schedule, and if you have any obligations in your life that prevent you from waiting 2 hours past your allotted time, it's apparently offensive to him and he wont be bothered to see you at all

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Three surgeries with Dr. Petrasek, the most wonderful, caring physician, skilled, warm, I can't say enough about him, and his office staff are so helpful.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016