Ratings for Dr. Emmanuel Amurawaiye

Best surgeon ever. Talented, compassionate, and a true gifted healer.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March and referred to Dr. Amurwaiye at The Breast Assessment once the biopsy was done. Both Dr. A and the nurse Laurie were excellent! They explained to me the different options available, the possible outcome of each and helped me make an informed choice (lumpectomy with radiation). Jean, Dr. A's office assistant is a true gem! I have never met anyone with a more caring, positive attitude. The surgery went well and I have recovered well. I cannot thank Dr. Amurwaiye, Jean and Laurie enough for all they have done to help me along this new path. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

was very good in explaining things about my surgery and receptionist was also very helpful and polite

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have been thru a medical nightmare until someone finally recommended Dr. A to me. He preformed surgery on my mother for breast cancer over 6 years ago now and she is a complete survivor. I was having issues with a very painful lump growing around the opening of my buttocks. I have a couple small hemorrhoids that were never a real issue and my own family doctor believed I was simply developing another roid! I told my GP that the other hemorrhoids never bothered me when they developed like this but still he sent me home with an RX for Hemorrhoid Cream. After a few more months I returned to my GP and said this thing is getting worse, much more sore, starting to bleed and secrete other fluids etc. My GP sent me to another local surgeon who preformed a Colonoscopy on me. This so called "Surgeon" pushes the scope right past the problem area and goes hunting down my happy healthy colon. Reports back to my GP that I am healthy as a whip. By now I am very frustrated and in a great deal of pain. I finally got Dr. A's name and went to my GP and DEMANDED he refer me to see this Dr. A. Took a couple months but finally when I met Dr A, he took one look at my issue and had me into surgery the very next day for a biopsy. He knew I was suffering from more than just some roid issue!! I got the grim news! Colo-rectal Cancer! It took 2 years of dealing with my incompetent GP, another useless surgeon, and finally into see this fantastic Dr. A! I am now waiting to see how far this has spread and only WISH I had known about Dr. A 2 years ago!! Jean also rocks!! What a fantastic team they make. I only wish every doctor and surgeon could follow in this man's footsteps and become even half as knowledgeable as Dr. A. I recommend everyone in need of a surgeon to get in touch with this highly gifted Dr. Forever thankful no matter how things turn out!! Mike

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I first met Dr. A at the Breast Clinic at Oshawa Lakeridge Hospital in November, 2015. He referred me to an oncologist for chemo and then performed a bilateral mastectomy in May, 2016. I recovered very well and better than I expected. Dr. A was extremely kind, caring and answered all my questions. His receptionist/assistance, Jean, is amazing and such a wonderful person to deal with at such a difficult time. I would highly recommend Dr. A to anyone as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I first met Dr. A. and Jean in 1994 when my mother went to him with breast cancer. The care and expertise that Dr. A. and Jean afforded my mother and our family was wonderful and, up to that point in this family, totally unheard of. In 2004 I was required to attend upon Dr. A. for my own breast cancer, had a bilateral mastectomy within seven days. Nothing was too good for me when it came the care and compassion shown to me by Dr. A. and Jean. I have attended upon Dr. A. numerous times since, as has everyone in my family, as there is no one like him and Jean when you are in need of help. I have sent countless other people to Dr. A. when they are in need of cancer surgery. They have had the surgery and have recuperated by the date of the consultation with another surgeon with that same health issue. Very efficient and compassionate. Everyone needs to know that Dr. A. and Jean have their backs when they are in need of care. Gloria

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I am a 41 year old female and I came to be his patient through the emergency at Lakeridge hospital. I went to bed normal and woke up at 2am in excruciating abdo pain. The ER doctor there thought gas or appendicitis but once I was referred to Dr. A he knew there had to be another reason since I had had surgery in Toronto 4 months earlier. After more tests aka CT scan and ultrasound....he was absolutely right!! He rushed me straight to the OR and found 12 inches of strangulated bowel (or dead bowel) that had to be removed. He did such an amazing job. And the recovery after was awesome and easy. He checked in on me daily and answered any questions that I had. Thank you Dr. A. you are what a surgeon should be.......caring and a great surgeon all in one! I appreciate you in every way!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

A brilliant and dedicated surgeon. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr Amurawaiye is extremely professional, caring, understanding.....just to start. I happened to stumble onto dr Amurawaiye as my surgeon due to being assigned him via the emergency department at Lakeridge Health Oshawa. I thank God everyday. Not only is he great and skillful, he seems to really care about his patients. He actually "listened" to my concerns and questions, and answered them with clarity. I also wanted to give an honourable mention to Jean, his resciptionist/assistant. Wonderful woman and boy.....what a memory. Thank you Dr Amurawaiye and Jean for, what could be horrible, a not so unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I was extremely happy with the out come of my surgery, Dr. Amurawaiye was very helpful and knowledgeable and his staff were very nice.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012