Ratings for Dr. Katherine Paton

I know she will be late. Take a look at her waiting room. Otherwise she is out saving someone's precious eyesight- well worth the wait in my estimation! A caring and expert physician. Dr. Stephen Drance referred me to her and for that I am truly grateful. You'll see his plaque at the enterance of The Eye Care Centre on West Tenth Avenue.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My name is Ivan and I can't believe the comments I see here. I've been seeing Dr. Paton for years and she is smart, caring and extremely patient. Never did I feel rushed or not cared for. I am actually sick at the comments I read here. Not one person has asked why she can sometimes be late. One day, I waited until well past closing, around 7pm for my appointment. Yes, it was a long wait. I asked Grace, her receptionist, again super nice, why? Because Dr. Paton had to perform emergency surgery for someone that was about to lose their eyesight. Yes, I waited, but she not only save someone's eyesight, but she saw everyone of her patients after! In other words, she was thee from 5:30am-8pm! And I would bet she had a ton of paper work and research papers to deal with after. Anyone that complains about waiting is just plain selfish. Dr. Paton isn't late because she chooses to be late, she is late because she is taking care of patients and helping people.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

thorough, caring and knowledgeable. wait time is horrendous but I was told in advance to be prepared to spend a half day.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Paton knows her stuff and is a caring doctor but the wat times are ridiculously and unacceptably long! Yesterday I had a 5:30 pm appointment for 4 weeks post cataract surgery. At 6:40 pm I was told I was number 6 at about 15 minutes per patient. That would have me seeing the doctor at 8 pm. I went out to put more money in the meter and listened to the radio in my car. A bit after 7 I tried to go back in and the doors of the building were locked (Front and back) and her assistant even though in the office, had turned off the phones until Monday morning. So after waiting 1 ½ hours I went home. I won't be back. Technically and personality wise, she is a great doctor. However her system treats patients with contempt. I won't be back. Be warned that when people say she is not punctual, they mean the wait can be hours. And no, this was not just one time.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

The wait times are sometimes extremely long. I make my yearly appointment months in advance and try to make it as early in the morning as I can that way the wait time is usually shorter. She is very thorough, pleasant and explains things in detail so I understand. I did my research before I saw her and her credentials are impressive I wouldn't trust any other doctor to treat my condition and I'm grateful to have her.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

She's been there since my surgery and I am grateful to have her in my life. She knows her stuff, she is bright and she cares. Yes, the waits can be long, very long. But understanding the BC medical system and supply of good doctors, I deal with it. I do my homework catch up on reading, or just relax. At the end of the day, I know she is an amazing doctor and I wouldn't want anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

There is no doubt that Dr. Paton knows her stuff. She is knowledgable, pleasant and lovely to deal with. HOWEVER this does not make her punctuality acceptable. As an engineer I am responsible for the well being and safety of many more people than her on any given day, and if I was consistently late for my appointments my clients would fire me. Even though spending four to five hours waiting for he is extremely costly to me, I cannot fire her as I need her more than she needs me. Very frustrating to be helpless like this.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Do some of you even realize just how lucky you are to have your eyesight in the hands of this warm , caring, personable and knowledgable doctor? In my eyes, she is more than perfect. Yes, the wait times may be long but Dr. Paton is worth every minute. Know that the time that she takes with other patients, is also the time that she will will also take with you. I feel privileged to be Dr. Paton's patient.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Sitting in the waiting room for my 4:45 appointment. It's 6:50 and I haven't even been called into one of the rooms yet. Space out your appointments instead of wasting everyone's time.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

We waited months for this appointment, and got confirmation about a month ahead of the appointment date. We parked, paid for parking, got to the office 10 minutes ahead of the appointment time. After handing in the CareCard, the receptionist told me they are running late. I asked how late and she said at least 2 hours. I was appalled and told her we do have other appointments and she could have given us a call. She said they don't do that. Long story short, the doctor was rude and condescending, has absolutely no bedside manners, and have no respect for anybody else's time. I don't know how knowledgeble she is, because she didn't bother to do any explanation and stormed out of the room. If you can find anybody else, don't go to her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016