Ratings for Dr. Katherine Paton

Level of care and service excellent. Yes wait times long but chill: we are lucky to have this service and most people in the world don't

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr. Paton is a fantastic doctor and often gets called away for emergencies. Bring a book. If you don't want to wait, see someone else.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Clearly one of this excellent doctor’s flaws is time management. I can understand long wait times in the middle of the day, as appointments become gradually backed up, but that is not the whole story. My last two appointments have been for 9am and 8:45am. On neither occasion was Dr Peton even in the building at my appointment time. I don’t know when she arrived as both times I had to leave, the first after half an hour, the second after 45 minutes. I had the courtesy to be on time for my appointment and expect the same courtesy from professional people.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Absolutely an amazing doctor. Spent time explaining everything and making us feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

For those who are complaining about long wait times, have you asked yourself why she has to triple book? There are few experts like her out there and until more folks move into the field, her practice will continue to be bursting.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Horrendous wait times. I have been waiting for my 2:00 appointment and now it is 6:00. Zero punctuality at this point.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

How do you rate someone who saves your life? You're going to wait, bring a book or talk to the other patients. I know that I will wait. Once when something showed up during my annual visit she dropped everything to help me; my apologies to those behind me that had to wait, but she saved my life again. She knows her stuff and knows how and when to get it done. Brilliant

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I know she will be late. Take a look at her waiting room. Otherwise she is out saving someone's precious eyesight- well worth the wait in my estimation! A caring and expert physician. Dr. Stephen Drance referred me to her and for that I am truly grateful. You'll see his plaque at the enterance of The Eye Care Centre on West Tenth Avenue.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My name is Ivan and I can't believe the comments I see here. I've been seeing Dr. Paton for years and she is smart, caring and extremely patient. Never did I feel rushed or not cared for. I am actually sick at the comments I read here. Not one person has asked why she can sometimes be late. One day, I waited until well past closing, around 7pm for my appointment. Yes, it was a long wait. I asked Grace, her receptionist, again super nice, why? Because Dr. Paton had to perform emergency surgery for someone that was about to lose their eyesight. Yes, I waited, but she not only save someone's eyesight, but she saw everyone of her patients after! In other words, she was thee from 5:30am-8pm! And I would bet she had a ton of paper work and research papers to deal with after. Anyone that complains about waiting is just plain selfish. Dr. Paton isn't late because she chooses to be late, she is late because she is taking care of patients and helping people.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

thorough, caring and knowledgeable. wait time is horrendous but I was told in advance to be prepared to spend a half day.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017