You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Katherine Paton

This doctor over booked herself on a Tuesday. Making patients wait over 3 hours for their appointments. No apology , no discussion. The secretary hid herself to avoid the uncomfortable stares she was receiving. To top the experience off she accepted people in who have barely waited 20 mins! 30 dollars for parking and a sore behind for this atrocious visit. Never again.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

It's a cancer clinic. People waiting are from all over the province and have likely booked overnight accommodation. If locals have to wait 3 hrs, so what? We're very fortunate to have access to this level of service.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I am happy that Dr. Paton is my Oncologist. I was diagnosed with aggressive Melanoma in 1997 and I am still here with my eye. In 2013 my eyelid grew over the top of my tumour and I was rushed into a partial eye replacement surgery within 2 weeks. Again I still have my eye. Dr. Paton's receptionist Grace is a wonderful lady when you take the time to talk to her with respect and understanding. I have sat in the wait ting area and from some of the things Grace has to deal with along with keeping the clinic running smoothly I too would be very curt with some people. The wait times are lengthly as the drops needed to either freeze or dilate your eye take that long or to get the results back from issued tests. The best is to plan for the day and calm down.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Like many of the others who have reviewed Dr. Paton I have been her patient for about 20 years now. As a doctor she is definitely worth the wait. However I am in agreement that the current receptionist has demonstrated her incompetence and hostility and an unnecessary level of attitude to the point of being quite mean to me on every occasion. I have had appointments that I was unaware of and appointments cancelled and not re-booked till months later or re-booked without my knowledge. This is very frustrating being without treatment for visual issues - as the patients including myself should be treated with at the least some level of respect.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Doctor Paton's wait times may be long, but totally worth it. She definitely shows compassion and care for her patients. Grace though not really a warm and fuzzy receptionist, gets her job done and takes care of business.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Paton since I was 12 years old and am now 31 and have nothing but good things to say about her an her staff! She works hard for her patients which means her admin lady has to work even harder! So cut her some slack. The wait time has always been 1 1/2 to 3 hours long however it's worth it. Dr. Paton is a doctor to go to. So i suggest you bring a book or listen to some music or take a nap while waiting or better yet check in with the admin lady, ask how long its going to be (which will be 45 min or so) and go to broadway and get a coffee or go to london drugs.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Be prepared for a 3 hour wait. The receptionist has no compassion and is brimming with hostility. I think Dr. Patton is very good but the wait times and the way you get treated are inecusable.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I waited in the reception area yesterday for about 6 hours for Dr. Paton. There were about 10 of us waiting and confused. It truly would have gone a long way if either the receptionist or secretary had given us an update. Both very rude and made it very clear any contact was an inconvenience. When Dr. Paton made it in she was VERY professional and thorough. Apologized for the delay and did not make me feel rushed.....it's a shame her staff is so rude.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

As I write this I am in Dr. Paton ' s reception area. Her secretary Grace Uy is incompetent with the personality of a bag of hammers. My appointment was set a month ago with my referral. Grace called me two weeks later quoting a different day on her message. I called back to confirm and she told me I may have been double booked, but she doesn't know? Told me everything is manually booked and not computerized? !? Saito I should just come in on my originally scheduled date. My appointment was 8:30am so I took the day off work and bussed it to be here by 8:15. Grace brings me to her desk and with no apology or emotion tells me "somebody screwed up" and the Dr. cannot see me till 11:30. After and awkward silence as I'm waiting for more info I get up and go sit in the waiting area. I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Paton, but she needs to fire her secretary. From what I have seen she likely is why patients have such long wait times.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Paton by my regular ophthalmoligist because of an anomaly noted after eye surgery. Yes the waits can be long at the eye clinic but eye problems are not simple to diagnose or treat with a few comforting words or pills. All the diagnostic procedures are done at the eye clinic and it all takes time. I have never seen a medical facility so busy as this eye center is. I travel form out of town to see doctor Paton and all my tests in various deptments then seeing Dr. Paton have been done in the same day. On my last visit surgery was decided upon and done by Dr. Paton within 1/2 hour of her deciding it needed to be done to reduce the chance of a more serious problem developing. So this puts her behind and backs up the patients waiting. Patients of Dr. Paton or any other Ophthalmologist need to understand their professional servises can not be offered on a set timetable. As for her staff, I find them very helpful and friendly. When I read these other reviews and see the negatative commnets All I can say " Get a Life' and complain about that really matters.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Dr. Katherine Paton's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor over booked herself on a Tuesday. Making patients wait over 3 hours for their appointments. No apology , no discussion. The secretary hid herself t..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "It's a cancer clinic. People waiting are from all over the province and have likely booked overnight accommodation. If locals have to wait 3 hrs, so what? We..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am happy that Dr. Paton is my Oncologist. I was diagnosed with aggressive Melanoma in 1997 and I am still here with my eye. In 2013 my eyelid grew over the to..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Like many of the others who have reviewed Dr. Paton I have been her patient for about 20 years now. As a doctor she is definitely worth the wait. However I am..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Paton's wait times may be long, but totally worth it. She definitely shows compassion and care for her patients. Grace though not really a warm and fuzz..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Paton since I was 12 years old and am now 31 and have nothing but good things to say about her an her staff! She works hard for her patie..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Be prepared for a 3 hour wait. The receptionist has no compassion and is brimming with hostility. I think Dr. Patton is very good but the wait times and the w..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I waited in the reception area yesterday for about 6 hours for Dr. Paton. There were about 10 of us waiting and confused. It truly would have gone a long way if..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "As I write this I am in Dr. Paton ' s reception area. Her secretary Grace Uy is incompetent with the personality of a bag of hammers. My appointment was set a m..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Paton by my regular ophthalmoligist because of an anomaly noted after eye surgery. Yes the waits can be long at the eye clinic but eye p..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Wait times are inexcusable. I go for a consult once every year, specifically ask for the first appointment of the day and always wait a minimum of 3 hours. So..."

October 6, 2014