Ratings for Dr. ROBERT S. Enelow

It doesn't look like much has changed in the practice over the past 5 years. The medical assistant was extremely unprofessional and outright rude. Despite making an appt we waited 45 minutes to be seen by the doc. I'll take my healthcare elsewhere and as a practicing registered nurse appalled is an understatement.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have read all the other reviews and don't agree with the stuff about "poor office staff" and wasting time with training med students. Office staff are professional and impersonal and efficient from my point of view. I go to see the Doctor and not the staff anyway. I think it's a good thing to have med students take histories and practice their techniques and I don't mind assisting in that at all. Dr. Enelow is an excellent physician as he is always thorough and listens to me intently when I describe any problems to make sure that he fully understands and plots careful courses of therapy for conditions such as my HBP which has done wonders for keeping it well within limits. My wife sees his partner, Dr Henochowitz (Sp?) and Dr Enelow when Dr Henochowitz is not available. She is very happy with the professional care she recieves from both of them. I'm a retired Air Force fighter pilot used to getting premium care from AF flight surgeons and Dr Enelow rates far better than AF docs.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. Enelow is very personable and tries to be thorough. I think he’s ok as long as you don’t need close follow-up or have a complicated medical history. All in all, not the worst physician by far, but I elected to move on when it was clear that I needed better.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

Dcotor was thorough, good listener, very professional. Waiting room sparse, and front staff uninterested.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Good set of physicians and PA. Office processes are bit disorganized. I like that they do not overdiagnose nor overtreat. My wife and I both had good experiences seeing the PA, Sarah, when we had acute problems. So much better than the retail clinic that my wife tried once. (NP at retail clinic was nice but limited) Physicians are thorough, knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Doctor Enelow has been my doctor for about 12 years now. He is a very good doctor and cares about his patients. Thats the good part. The bad is that the office staff is awful. No one knows whats going on, theyre disorganized, a lil on the rude side, and hardly ever answer the phone. They are also a teaching practice for interns. Im not there for them to train on, its a waste of my time to tell my story multiple time to them and then to Dr. Enelow. They also ask me things are already in my file - try reading it beforehand. Also, the appointments never start on time, im not talking like 10 minutes or so, im talking like 45 or more consistantly. There is a lab onsite which makes it convenient for bloodwork etc, but they tech are usually rude. It can also take several weeks to get an appointment - not that great of a turn around when youre sick and need care.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Offfice overcharges you for things then does not reimburse when your insurance pays them. It is a pain to work with them. The doctor is ok but I'd not rave about him. Overall, not entirely impressed with the office.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

The doctor is alright, the manner in which his office operates is a bit unefficient and inpersonal. I was not exactly thrilled with some aspect of the way the doctor operates but it is an ok place if this office takes your insurance and you have time to wait for an appointment and f/u care.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Dr. ROBERT S. Enelow's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal