Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Pickert

Very knowledgeable but always late and sometimes is a bit off the cuff. I make a point to ask not to be scheduled with him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

I have been seeing Pickert since I was a toddler. Although he may have a "strange" way of doing things at times, he is knowledgeable in his field and he is good at what he does.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

It's probably common knowledge in the Frederick/Thurmont area, but this guy's picture is in the dictionary under "quack." Every time I've been there, regardless of what ailment brought me to his office, his concern is for my cholesteral and pushing cholesteral drugs on me. So much so that I was tempted to ask to see his stock portfolio! Some may see this as a form of caring for my heart health, but when I told him I did not want cholesteral drugs he made a production of noting in my file in big capital letters that I refused treatment (when I was there for strep throat and flu treatment) and made sure that I understood that he was absolved of all responsibility. Well, I absolved him of it, and haven't been back since.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Pickert is a pretty good guy, and usually (though not always) listens to patients. The best they have ever done for running on time is 20 minutes late. I have waited up to 80 minutes past my appointment time to be seen. A typical wait is about 40 minutes past the appointment time. And the wait to leave (finish paperwork, get prescriptions, etc.) after the appointment can be as bad as the wait to be seen. Plan on at least half a day in this office. The office staff, with a glowing exception or two, is horrible. They can be abusively rude. When I was speaking to one (on the phone) who was horribly rude, I asked her what her name was. She ignored my question - three times, and then hung up on me. If Pickert weren't decent, it would not be worth putting up with the nasty treatment of the front-desk staff. The level of rudeness to patients by the staff has been getting much worse over the last couple of years.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

Dr. Steven A. Pickert's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal