Ratings for Dr. Kenneth S. Zimmerman

Why is this man a doctor when he doesn’t care about his patients? He abuses his practice!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

bad bad not caefullwith knowlege of meds side effects or dosnt care if you suffer left recently with problems with poor blood flow to feet .he has too many people to see.rate him poor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Some years ago, I became a new patient of Dr. Zimmerman. For my first physical, I was asked to get the usual blood work done. I did. Then I was asked to return to the doctor's office to review the results. I did, and his PA said I needed more blood tests. So, I had them done. And I was again asked to return to the doctor's office to review the results. I did, and his PA said I needed more blood tests. So I had them done. And I was again asked to return to the doctor's office to review the results. I made the appointment. But I also faxed the blood test results to my brother, who is a doctor and professor of internal medicine. He said the results all looked fine. So, I called the doctor's office to cancel my appointment. The receptionist said the computer was down, but my cancellation was noted. I said, "are your sure?" because I know they have a strict policy regarding no-shows, and she said don't worry about it. The next year, my brother found out that his young son was going blind. So, he wanted to know if the same thing would happen to his daughter who was 2 years younger than his son. It turned out that she didn't have both recessive genes that caused my nephew's blindness. My brother told me to get genetic testing, telling me specifically what I needed to get tested for. My brother gave me this advice because I also have 2 young children. But I needed a referral to get the genetic testing done. I called Dr. Zimmerman' office to get a referral. I explained the situation to the receptionist, but she said it had been 14 months since my last physical and so they wouldn't give me a referral. She told me to come in for a physical first. And she told me that I was a no-show of my last appointment and so I owed them money. I told her that I cancelled my last appointment and begged her to give me a referral to get the genetic testing done, and she said no. So, I called up another doctor who I saw many years ago to ask for a referral. He didn't remember me, but when he heard about my situation he was immediately sympathetic and said that he of course would give me a referral. I told my brother this entire story about Dr. Zimmerman, and he couldn't believe that any doctor could be this way.

Submitted March 3, 2017

is a doctors doctor, need i say more? Very meticulous, extremely smart.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

Zimmerman allows his front office staff to dictate care given to patients based on whether money has been collected. More than once they have said that they called to confirm an appointment when no call was received (and phone logs prove it) but they are very quick to send a $45 missed appointment bill. Recently front office staff did not allow me to speak to Susan or Zimmerman with a health concern because they insisted that a late fee was due and I had to pay it. Putting the collection of money before patient health is sad at best. They also mis-diagnosed my sister when she had phenemonia, told her to take asprin and water, and she was later admitted to the ICU. Staff has also very inappropriately mentioned to me that Zimmerman is "too cheap" to buy the latest equiptment and when they tried to do an EKG on me a few weeks ago the machine wouldn't work properly. I should have made a switch a long time ago to a more caring, competent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

This man is very knowledgeable. However, he is so pressed for time, he can be very short with you. He does not always listen to your list of symptoms if he has not had much success with outside referals. He's very quick to refer you to someone else. His PA is very good with the everyday cold, flu and sprains. With out her, Dr. Zimmerman could not run his practice, as there is just not enough hours in the week to see his case load properly.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Listens and shares important information with the patient. Refers to specialist when needed. His PA is always available - very helpful and knowledgeable as well.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Kenneth S. Zimmerman's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)