Ratings for Dr. Irvin Heinrichs

I was refered to Heinrichs 9 years ago. I told him about the pain in my leftarm and leg. He said that I have Parkinson's Diseas. And that what was causing the pain.. I had no other symptoms. But he was going off a report from another Doctor. I was not in his office for more than 15 min. He perscribed Sinemet. 4 pills/day. I went back to work. After 1 week I phoned Dr Heinrich and told him that the pain is getting worse. He said to increase the pills to 6/day. After 2 more weeks. I again contacted Dr. Heinrichs. I said that there must be something wrong or these pills are not doing any good. He said to increase to 8 pills/day. I took the pills for a week.Then decided to go to a different Doctor. They rushed me into the hospital and put 2 stints in my heart. There was a 90% blockeg. I stayed taken 8 sinemet/day. After a month I started to get pains again. So I went in and got 2 more stints put in. After that operation I never went back to see Dr. Heinrich. My new doctor started to cut me back on the number of Sinemet. It was working well. Now they have changed Doctors again.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Heinrichs, after having a massive seizure.Took awhile to get to see him. After my wife phoned him after a second seizure, things progressed rather quickly. Ordered MRI.& EEG. Tried many different meds. Was very concerned, Finally sent me to another Neurologist in U of A in Edmonton. Dr. had same diagnosis. Not curable, but controllable. Has phoned me at home and on my cellphone. Very concerned. As another person said, not a Codling kind.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Waited 6 months to see this doctor but he was not helpful nor would he address all of neurology concerns. He said his referral only mentioned 1 thing so I would have to make another appointment.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year (I am 25 years old) and I was terrified. He was not compassionate which is exactly what I needed. If I wanted someone to coddle me I would have gone to my mother and not a neurologist. He was extremely informative and really helped me get through the worst part of my life. His staff are ALWAYS helpful and there to answer any questions I have. I am so grateful that I was refereed to Dr. Heinrichs and would not want to visit any other neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I can't rate this doctor, because I can't get in to see him. After being referred, you have to wait two weeks and then call his office, because the staff are above making phone calls. They are also too good to pick up the phone, because I have never been able to get through. They are only open 9:00-2:00, and still close for a lunch break! My own G.P. finally gave up and is sending me to Calgary. After reading all these posts, I'm grateful...

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

This Doctor should not be practicing! My Doctor sent in a referral and he didn't feel the need to even see me after a month of one sided numbness and weakness. I will be going to Edmonton to see a Neurologist that actually cares. After reading these reviews, I wouldn't want to see him anyway. Get your neuro appointment elsewhere if you want appropriate treatment!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Dr. Heinrich's has a terrible bedside manner. He is abrupt, rude and doesn't care to listen to the answers to his own question. He will ask a question assuming he knows the answer and even if he is incorrect he goes with his own answer. I saw him in the hospital for a deteriorating condition that prevents me from walking now. HE performed and EMG/NCV in under 10 minutes which is obviously not enough to be thorough he then ordered an MRI and told me that there would be a lesion found. After waiting two weeks of being very stressed he informed me that my MRI's were normal,it is all in my head.I have been in physio who confirmed that I am getting worse and after calling his office was told there is nothing more he would do and I would not be seen. I was livid as was physio!Now seeing a new neurologist who found nerve damage in my EMG at the first appointment.Heinrich's seems to have a small selection of diagnosis that he will not venture outside of, if it isn't his idea than it is wrong!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Horrible experience with this neurologist. Perscribed my father a anti parkinson drug that had a known interaction with other medications he was on. Ultimately ended up in emergency with a condition that continued to deteriorate. When finally seen by Heinrichs he said to our family "well I don't know what to do" then suggested that there was nothing he could further do for us and to cancel any remaining appointments. Horrible beat side manor and when asked about some decisions was unable to provide reasoning indicating a lack of knowledge. Neurological medication interactions can be life threatening, save your self a lot of complications and run around by getting an alternate neurology referral before seeing Dr. Heinrichs.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

This so called Doctor is a joke. I was referred to him after having a seizure. I had seen my family doctor and he set up all tests that i needed to have done. MRI, CT scan and 2 different EEG's. The whole time i was in his office he was looking for the results for my last EEG, which i had over a week before the appointment,(I was told after the EEG that he would have results in 24 hours) Anyways, He asked me i dont know how many times if i was sure i had 2 EEG's. He also got mad when I told him that my doctor booked me in for another MRI. He told me i needed a different MRI done and he would set that up for me. This appointment was in NOV, And still havent heard anything. Also I had asked him if Seizures are hereditary and he was very annoyed that i asked him that and then said "I dont know why you're asking me that" Like what the hell im asking cause i dont know. Anyways, horrible Dr. He is very rude and not helpful what so ever.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Dr. Irvin Heinrichs's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was refered to Heinrichs 9 years ago. I told him about the pain in my leftarm and leg. He said that I have Parkinson's Diseas. And that what was causing the..."

April 23, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Heinrichs, after having a massive seizure.Took awhile to get to see him. After my wife phoned him after a second seizure, things progresse..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Waited 6 months to see this doctor but he was not helpful nor would he address all of neurology concerns. He said his referral only mentioned 1 thing so I would..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I cant understand why all his reviews aren't great. I found him extremely helpful & knowledgeable. He tells you exactly how it is in a very informative way."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year (I am 25 years old) and I was terrified. He was not compassionate which is exactly what I needed. If I wante..."

September 30, 2014