Ratings for Dr. Irvin Heinrichs

After an MRI showed lesions on my frontal and parietal lobes I was referred to Dr. Heinrichs who noted my numbness and weakness in limbs and the trembling, dismissed my three week long headache and basically what I got out of the appointment was that if I have an attack he can see happening on an MRI he'll diagnose so if I lose feeling or mobility or my vision I should schedule an MRI.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

This Dr. Needs an attitude adjustment, a G R E A T B I G O N E. I think he's a descendant of Hitler.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

My husband ended up in ICU and got transferred to University hospital in Edmonton..

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Considerate, caring, knowledgeable, professional, interested in my situation, thorough, attentive , straight forward, to the point, some sugar coating but not much, I appreciate the honesty

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Was refered to Heinrichs this Aug 2016,found him to be very blunt, uncaring, very old school way of thinking, felt very rushed threw my apt, very close minded and could go on! Would never recommend this so called professional to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I was refered to Heinrichs 9 years ago. I told him about the pain in my leftarm and leg. He said that I have Parkinson's Diseas. And that what was causing the pain.. I had no other symptoms. But he was going off a report from another Doctor. I was not in his office for more than 15 min. He perscribed Sinemet. 4 pills/day. I went back to work. After 1 week I phoned Dr Heinrich and told him that the pain is getting worse. He said to increase the pills to 6/day. After 2 more weeks. I again contacted Dr. Heinrichs. I said that there must be something wrong or these pills are not doing any good. He said to increase to 8 pills/day. I took the pills for a week.Then decided to go to a different Doctor. They rushed me into the hospital and put 2 stints in my heart. There was a 90% blockeg. I stayed taken 8 sinemet/day. After a month I started to get pains again. So I went in and got 2 more stints put in. After that operation I never went back to see Dr. Heinrich. My new doctor started to cut me back on the number of Sinemet. It was working well. Now they have changed Doctors again.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Heinrichs, after having a massive seizure.Took awhile to get to see him. After my wife phoned him after a second seizure, things progressed rather quickly. Ordered MRI.& EEG. Tried many different meds. Was very concerned, Finally sent me to another Neurologist in U of A in Edmonton. Dr. had same diagnosis. Not curable, but controllable. Has phoned me at home and on my cellphone. Very concerned. As another person said, not a Codling kind.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Waited 6 months to see this doctor but he was not helpful nor would he address all of neurology concerns. He said his referral only mentioned 1 thing so I would have to make another appointment.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I cant understand why all his reviews aren't great. I found him extremely helpful & knowledgeable. He tells you exactly how it is in a very informative way.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year (I am 25 years old) and I was terrified. He was not compassionate which is exactly what I needed. If I wanted someone to coddle me I would have gone to my mother and not a neurologist. He was extremely informative and really helped me get through the worst part of my life. His staff are ALWAYS helpful and there to answer any questions I have. I am so grateful that I was refereed to Dr. Heinrichs and would not want to visit any other neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014