Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Ginsberg

11/24/15 • Updated review After receiving very poor, inattentive care from Dr. Ginsberg for 3+ years, he is now switching to an extremely expensive ($1,650 per year extra just to see him as your primary care) VIP program, which, having been his patient for this long, is just an absurd concept. The man has, is, and will do the absolute bare minimum for his patients. Wait times are consistently ridiculous, with 60 minutes being the norm. His desk staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. They ignored calls and emails, prescription requests, etc. And most of all, Dr. Ginsberg isn't a good doctor. I suffer from a serious neurologic condition, which I've asked specifically for help time and time again. He has failed to provide any help. Not a good recommendation for a neurologist, not a hospital to try, not a good PT, just nothing. Avoid this man, and do not under any circumstances be fooled into paying extra to see him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Good Overall Doctor. I trust his opinion. He is not a specialist, so would not reccomend if you have a very specialized problem or condition, however, for general non-emergency health issues and as a regular practitioner he is a very good doctor, who I trust. Major complaint: insurance is not accepted by his practice. But again, i trust him enough I am willing to pay out of pocket for general visits.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I like that he has a very slight alternative approach to medicine but as someone else noted on here - takes a lot to get a call back. And also as someone noted, he is somewhat condescending. In that way - not very compassionate. Which I can take if a doctor is good enough... but I have only been to him a few times and so do not know for sure if he is and with that attitude - treats you with sarcasm at times - I don't want to deal with that from my doctor. He might be good - I don't know that I'll find out.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

He is bad about returning phone calls, you must leave an angry message for his staff to even bother to call you back. They simple say he has 8000 patients and no time, so he basically cares about numbers. He doesn't seem to know the answer to most questions and just brushes it off, he is also the last male doctor I will see for a while, his condescending behavior was tolerated the first time, but the second time after an emergency occurred will not be tolerated. I feel he simply does like females. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr. Ginsberg is worth his weight in gold. He is a medical geek - which is a good thing when you come in with an unusual illness. He is open minded, listens well, has a good sense of humor and takes being a doctor seriously. He is the last of a dying breed, the old school doctor who conveys through his actions that he cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Wonderful practice, but takes limited insurance

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr. Robert J. Ginsberg's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD