Ratings for Dr. David Hochman

Excellent doctor. Caring. Takes time to listen. Superior sugerical skills and knowledge. We are so fortunate to have him in Winnipeg.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I was suffering with internal Hemorrhoids that I thought were the reason I was having pain in my seating area and legs. I suffered with this awkward pain for 4 years seeing multiple specialists and even having hemorrhoid banding procedures 3 times. I went to see Dr. Hochman as he was rated very high on this site and I wanted to see if I was a candidate for a hemorrhoidectomy. I waited 8 months to get into see him but it was well worth it. He performed an internal assessment and told me I'm fine. You can imagine my surprise and disappointment...I had felt hemorrhoids and even had them operated on...how could it be? He said the hemorrhoids were not my concern. He claimed that my pelvic floor muscles were very tight and causing me pain and simulating the hemorrhoid discomfort. He referred me to a Physiotherapist who specializes in pelvic floor release. She assessment me and has provided me with a series of stretches and strength movements. THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN AMAZING. anyone dealing with chronic pain in their backside and or tailbone/legs are must explore the pelvic floor muscles. Mine were too tight and causing muscles in other areas to weaken etc. This has resolved the majority of my issues and made my life soooo much better. Thank you Dr. Hochman for making this assessment that other specialists had missed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr. Hochman is a doctor that left me suffering with an infection that he didn't want to admit to. He is over confident in his skills but when things go wrong he will not help you. I am still suffering from a surgery over 5 months ago. His secretary will not forward messages either. I have had colitis since I was 8 and have had many surgeries and I have never suffered so much as I have after being in his care.

Submitted February 15, 2018

Truly great doctor ....very informative...skilled surgeon. Very up on latest tecqnices....Least invasive methods employed.....Thanks David

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Special thanks to Dr. Hochman and staff. His class 1 skills made my journey a success and as comforting as could be. Dr. Hochman is extremely professional, truly caring, reassuring, straight forward and very comforting. He also cares for the family keeping them informed of progress during surgery and continues to follow up on your condition afterwards. On a rating of 1-5 Dr. Hochman would get over and beyond a 6. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I just had a laparoscopic right hemi cholectomy 10 days ago at the VGH with Dr. Hochman as the surgeon. I'm feeling fabulous already, which was not what I expected. He is just an amazing doctor, and goes out of his way to make you and your family feel comfortable and safe. Thank you for the outstanding care, I really appreciated it.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Thank you so very much Dr. Hochman! There are not enough words of praise that our family could even start to describe you and your staff. You are truly a gifted man/surgeon, full of genuine care, compassion and understanding for your patients and their family. Your reassurances and time that you spend with us all was going beyond what any other Dr. In our experience has ever been done. If it wasn't for your skilled hands and great knowledge my husband would not be here 3 years later. If anyone is looking for a Doctor how truly cares and will do what he asks Dr. David Hochman is the man to see! And his assistant Diana she's the best! My husband is now 3 years Cancer Free!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

This very helpful surgeon operated quickly on a Sunday night to get my week in gear. I felt special in his teams care, they are all great, caring and professional people that were really pumped about doing something that they could have easily considered pedestrian.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

had difficult polyp removal without having colon resection advanced CELS per his recommendation.....no scars ......excellent skilled surgeon......Thank You David

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

INCREDIBLE DOCTOR!!! 5+++ rating in all aspects- skills, knowledge, communicating with patient, etc. A very humble doctor who really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016