Ratings for Dr. William E. Behrens

Dr Behrens is very condescending and when you dont readily take his advice tends to be punitive in witholding prescriptions for other ailments. I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Behrens for more than 10 years. He's become condescending more recently.when I asked for second prescription so I could submit it to my insurance company to facilitate a mail prescrption service he told me I should pay for the prescription out of pocket. What the heck?

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Behrens for about 8 years. I would consider my care over this period of time as being adequate. My biggest problem with Dr. Behrens is that on occasions he is a very moody doctor. You are not allowed to see him for more then one issue at a time. If you forget and try to discuss more then one problem with him he gets upset with you. He then will respond to the multiple issues but in a very quick and curt manner. The last time I was in his office he accused me of not taking my medicines even though the blood test results he had in front of him said all of my blood levels were good. I tried to tell him that I hadn't filled my prescriptions on a timely basis because the last time I called his office for a refill two 2 of the same prescription got filled and not just one so they lasted longer. Lastly, don't disagree or question his advice or he will get nasty with you. To say the least my last visit was unpleasant and I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Behrens since he started his practice. The long waits in the exam room even when you are in at 8 AM have become to frequent for me to handle. He has also become condecending if you do not follow his instructions to the letter. My last visit was with my wife who had just had major surgery. At her request I went to the exam room with her to carry her large files to make sure his records were updated. He never even acknowledged my presence in the room except for a rude scowling glance. My wife and I are both looking for a new Doctor. We can no longer put up with his attitude.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Behrens' almost since he began practice. I have been impressed with his professionalism and with the way he stays current with medical technology developments. We have an excellent professional relationship. I approach each appointment with a short list of my concerns. Our visits are sometimes brief, but he will take as much time as required to address all my concerns and to make sure I understand the treatment he prescribes. His practice has introduced and effectively uses electronic pads to make patient data available at the doctor's fingertips, but I can tell he also knows, understands, and remembers my background and approach to health care and shapes his treatment plans accordingly. First rate physician.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr.Behrens has displayed mood swings, which impact his effectiveness. The vast majority of my experiences were POSITIVE, but he is judgmental and requires strict compliance to his guidelines and expectations. On a couple occasions he has been highly dictatorial with very little patience! Good Doctor, but the years have certainly taken a toll. I have changed Doctors, due to his 'my way or the highway' expectations ! Good Doctor overall ! Needs to expand his acceptance of patients points of view, which he fails to accept or attaches limited credit to contrasting views and conclusions that disagree with his own!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I've been going to Behrens since I was a small child. He is experienced and professional. I consider myself blessed to have such a great Doctor. The only downside is he's so in demand you may have to wait for an hour in the waiting room to see him- but it's worth it!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Very knowlegable and helpful! There was no hassle in getting test done and I got my results back in a very timely manner.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr Behrens is an excellent PCP. Very caring & competent. When he's in the exam room with me, he is focused 100% on my health issues. Great, patient listener. He also has a decent sense of humor and is genuinely kind. He's been my PCP more than 20 yrs. I've been very pleased with his referrals, too. Much of his office staff has been with him many yrs. All are very good with follow-ups. I like his two female partners, Dr. Lyn Dea and Dr Jett, too. Dr. Reibman is also good. So if he's not in one day, you can still get prompt, compassionate care. Dr Behrens is an unsung hero: a physician who cares about each patient and works carefully to optimize health efficiently. He seems unflappable. I'm blessed to have his professional services.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. William E. Behrens's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD