Ratings for Dr. Francis La Couvee

After being traumatized by a terrible dentist as a child and retaining a fear of dentistry I am just so grateful to now have Dr. La Couvee as my dentist. I have been seeing him for many years now and he has always had my best interests at heart. After anything more than a simple filling he never fails to call my house in the evening to check on me to see how I am doing. Even though he is always very busy and appointments have to be made way in advance, he has made it clear that in an emergency, and that includes pain, he will always manage to fit me in somehow. I have had to do that couple of times and that is exactly what he did. When I was 2 days away from a once in a lifetime trip and suddenly had a terrible toothache he stayed late and did a temporary fix to get me through my trip. I could go on and on. The best dentist ever. Period.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

We've had four dentist in my life, 2 in Parksville where I grew up and one in Tofino where I live now. Nobody even compares to Dr. LaCouvee. Everything is excellent from that time you arrive until the time you leave. My whole family makes the 2+ hour trip to get our dentistry done here and don't regret it for a second. Have recommended a few friends from there and they think it's all amazing as well. Really concerned for your comfort and well being at all times. I highly recommend you try it.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Only word for the entire practice is SUPERB. Dr Lacouvee had the knowledge , expertise and initiative to resolve a major problem for me as I was about to cancel a vacation when my dental specialist had an accident. It only reconfirmed why I am so relieved that he is my dentist.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Even though I have always had problems with my teeth and the worst dentists, Dr Lacouvee (and his staff) made me feel comfortable and finally not afraid or apprehensive about dental care. He is, without exception, the best dentist I have ever seen in my life. My only regret is that I didn't find him 20 years sooner. GREAT guy, excellent dentist, strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Hard to describe just how well you are treated at this practice . From the front desk to the dental assistants to the hygenists to Dr La Couvee himself this has to be the best bar none dental experience I have every had .

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Great dentist,makes you feel at ease! He's very confident and knowledgable !

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I have had the pleasure of being Dr LaCouvee's patient for over 20 years and I have found that not only is he an incredibly caring, kind, gentle and sensitive dentist, he is extremely knowledgeable and current in his practise. Additionally, his staff are always pleasant, thoughtful and courteous. I highly recommend Dr LaCouvee and his staff and do so at every chance I have!! Thank you for all your care over the years.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

At first, all was well, certainly a Great bedside manner. You always get a reassuring touch, smile. However when my gums started to recede very shortly after having an expensive ceramic crown done, and the crown started to show dark at the top, not much was said about removing it or fixing it. Later a couple of white fillings rotted underneath and both the crown and fillings were replaced by another, better dentist and I am happy to say all is well and the receding gums have returned to health again.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Was terrified of going to the dentist until I met Francis. He is gentle and excellent at what he does. I look forward to seeing the dentist now!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

I've been seeing Dr Lacouve for some years. I have found the surgery to be extremely efficient, almost space age in appearance,with staff second to none.The Dr is also most amiable, very knowlegable, easy to talk to and on time.The best dentist I've been to in my 67 years.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012