I was very under-impressed by my visit to this fellow. First impressions were formed by the old wooden office chairs in the waiting room, then by the dingy examining room with the soiled and extremely worn upholstered chairs. When Dr. Shandro came into the examining room he did not greet me nor introduce himself. He looked at my chart, referring to the referral letter from my family physician and made a couple of comments to me without even making eye contact with me. He then coughed into his hands, did not use hand sanitizer and picked up an instrument to examine my throat. Throughout the short examination I was treated like a specimen and not a person. Thank goodness my problem is minor and does not require further intervention as I would never see this man again. I have no way of knowing how skilled he is as a physician, but he certainly did nothing to gain my trust.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

DO NOT LET THIS BUTCHER TOUCH YOU. I FEEL AS THOUGH MY LIFE HAS BEEN RUINED.HE IS A LYING HACK WITH NO REGARD FOR HEALING. HIS ONLY MOTIVATION IS TO BILL THE GOVERNMENT.THIS MAN HAS ME CONTIMPLATING SUICIDE. I WISH I HAD DONE SOME REASERCH BEFORE AGREEING TO LET THIS MAN RUIN MY LIFE! I am know going to look at legal options. I know this is Canada and you can not sue a DR. I should sue the government for continuing to give this psychopath a lab to inflict his tortures. How does one proceed with a case like this? This man should not be allowed to ruin another life.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I saw Dr. Shandro a few years ago. After only briefly glancing in my nose he told me I needed a septoplasty. I signed my consent forms and let him operate. I am now several years post op, and have been in pain every single day since the surgery. I finally saw a new ENT yesterday and through endoscopic exploration have learned that Dr. Shandro not only did the septoplasty that I consented to, but also major sinus surgery (that I did not consent to), removing several major structures that are required for normal function. I am devastated after finding out what he did to me is NOT reversible and I likely will have issues for the rest of my life. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. It honestly isn't worth the problems that you will have. I feel extremely decieved, and will be looking into my legal options.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

I am so disappointed with this doctor since i had my surgery (March2014)septoplasty and sinus turbination. i don't feel good and terrible pain in my head as well as still i am sick all the time .my head is heavy all the time i don't know what mess he made in my head . After surgery no improvement . After surgery when i went to see him i always told him my story and no satisfied answer .He doesn't care about somebody's pain or discomfort.he has poor skills and worst attitude . I would like to say, don't go to see him and don't let him to do any surgical procedure on you otherwise you will be in trouble as i am . I am so upset because i don't feel good as it should be. Thanks

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

So disappointed. I'm now 5 years post op from a septoplasty and attempting to find a new surgeon to fix the mess this man made of my nose. After a rocky surgery and few weeks post op I thought things were going to be better, but since then I've had a massive build up of scar tissue and the cartilage in the tip of my nose has been slowly collapsing. I now look like I have a ridge in the middle of the tip of my nose (like a nose version of a butt-chin) and my nostrils are definitely different sizes and shapes and there is nerve damage. Unfortunately I'm going to have to get a rhinoplasty to fix this mess but I'm so apprehensive about going back under the knife and finding someone I trust to do it now. This was supposed to be a minor procedure to fix my breathing and now it's turned into me having to get major plastic surgery. I'm so upset.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I have had problems with my nose for years being dry and bleeding. My regular doctor had me see Dr. Shandro and he prescribed me a compound to use. Within two days my problems disappeared and my nose has never felt better. He was though and efficient in his examination and I give him full marks for his professionalism...great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Worst doc. worst attitude. exceptionally poor skill. You take a problem to him and he will make it worst. Not curteous, not encouraging and worst of all not genuine and truthful. Tricks you into believing that you will benefit so that he can make money from your procedure/treatment. but truly you will gain nothing out of it. On the contrary you will long for the time when your problem was only bad and not 10 times worse. very poor patient interaction. He will be vague, and use very diplomatic language and not present the clear picture to you. use words like may or may not, might, may be. when in reality you have very little chances of improvement. Ask him what are the chances out of 100 for you to get any benefit and he will not straight. Much like a politician. DO NOT LET HIM NEAR YOU OR ELSE YOU WILL REGRET DEARLY!!! I say this as first hand sufferer. Do not let him touch you or do any procedure on you.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

My 3-year old daughter was referred to a doctor in the same practice as Dr. Shandro for a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. This other doctor was not good with children so he sent us over to see Dr. Shandro. It was a great experience. He was gentle with my daughter and she liked him. He answered all of my questions and gave me lots of information about what to expect, what to avoid, etc. On the day of the surgery, we saw him briefly in pre-op and then he came to speak with me right after the surgery was finished. My daughter did fine with everything. She just had her 5-week post-op check and she's 100% recovered. She sleeps through the night, doesn't get mystery fevers anymore, and her speech is clear. I was very pleased with everything. Dr. Shandro is quiet but he's very knowledgeable and great with children. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Bud Shandro's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was very under-impressed by my visit to this fellow. First impressions were formed by the old wooden office chairs in the waiting room, then by the dingy exam..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT LET THIS BUTCHER TOUCH YOU. I FEEL AS THOUGH MY LIFE HAS BEEN RUINED.HE IS A LYING HACK WITH NO REGARD FOR HEALING. HIS ONLY MOTIVATION IS TO BILL THE GO..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The best ENT doctor. Gentle touch. I have been with Dr Shandro for over 20 years. "

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Shandro a few years ago. After only briefly glancing in my nose he told me I needed a septoplasty. I signed my consent forms and let him operate. I am..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am so disappointed with this doctor since i had my surgery (March2014)septoplasty and sinus turbination. i don't feel good and terrible pain in my head as wel..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So disappointed. I'm now 5 years post op from a septoplasty and attempting to find a new surgeon to fix the mess this man made of my nose. After a rocky surgery..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had problems with my nose for years being dry and bleeding. My regular doctor had me see Dr. Shandro and he prescribed me a compound to use. Within two d..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been dealing with doctor shandro since I was little never had a bad experience he has done surgery on my ears nose and throat best doctor I know"

September 8, 2014