Ratings for Dr. Russell Lake

Dr. Lake has been my Dr. For nearly 30 years. He is very knowledgeable and has been able to diagnose issues with my health that so called specialists have missed. That being said, it is nearly impossible to get an appointment, and when you do, pack a lunch because it's at least a 2-3 hour wait. This, and the fact that I find his Receptionist to be one of the rudest, obnoxious people I've ever encountered, I sadly say I am seriously looking for a new GP. While dr. lake is thorough, I think he has lost a lot of his caring due to to many patients. It's get you in, get you out, and of course prescribe something so The possibility is there that his wife profits as well. Sad, just sad.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Best Doctor, GP, in Newfoundland. My wife became his patient 17 years ago and I started going to him shortly thereafter. He is the best doctor I ever had . He found a problem I had for 30 years that doctors and the St. Clares emergency people could were unable to diagnose. His receptionist Jennifer, is truly a very good and caring person. My wife and I travel from St. John's to see him because he is the best.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

very smart man background baby doctor and seems like a bit of a pill pusher like most doctors and his sidekick Jennifer is useless would not let her pick up my trash even if she paid me. What a b$tch.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr Lake is an awesome doc. His office lad was ay Jen is very helpful too. We are so glad that after 30 something years that Mabel retired. She was a pain in the ars. It has changed a lot since then but one thing hasn't and that is getting an appointment. Way to long 4 to 6 days but if you knew you were going to get sick a week ahead of time this would be the best Doc. to see. Yes people he is the best in my book. Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lake now for 27 years. He is the only doctor I've ever gone to that actually took care of what was wrong. I've had some troubles in the past few years and I have to say I trust Dr. Lake and I will continue to see him until he retires.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Lake is a good man but he has way to many patients. Avondale needs 2 doctors, when you call down to get app.you are going to wait at least 4 days. Unless you are family or someone of wealth.I have some major problems,well I think they are, but he seems to put me on the back burner.Reminds me of a Out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of doctor.I think it all boils down to having to many patients. My wife goes to another doctor and she can call that morning and 9 times out of 10 can see her doctor that day or for sure the next morning.But I suppose he needs that to keep his wife's business going too.Oh she owns the Pharmacy which is in the same office..They are legal and I got to say this! They are very smart people,The husband is the doctor and the wife owns the Pharmacy. Jealous! Yes, I wish I was that smart. But at what cost to the people is this.The waiting time is too much,Avondale is a growing town.Always late by 15 or 20 minutes,very smart,but 2 many patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

The best Doctor in Newfoundland. I also drive from mount pearl to see him. He certainly saved my life. Always on top of his game and very knowledgable. He should teach med students how important bedside manners are for doctors. I would never change doctors for as long as he is in practise.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

Exceptional Doctor....very helpful. Always listens to concerns and addresses them.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

One of the best doctors in NL.I make the drive to Avondale from St. John's to see him.Very knowledgeable and courteous and always accommodating.His receptionist Mabel is also courteous and helpful in spite of working in a very busy clinic.The people in the Avondale area should be thankful to have a doctor of his caliber in their area.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

This doctor shouldn't be practicing medicine. He is the reason my family member is disabled shrugging off her concerns tell her she was overweight when instead it was a serious side effect of the drug he was perscribing her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009