Ratings for Dr. Donald McGhee

Our whole family has been patients of McGhee for many years and now my husband and all three children. He is dilegent and very good at what he does. He is straight to the point but thorough. There are too many wonderful things to mention. Not a lazy doctor and trust my whole family's health with him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Nice new clinic but agree with previous poster, same incompetence other doctors at the clinic are taking patients but they won't let you switch to one of the younger ones who are bound to function better. time to retire

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Misdiagnosed simple ecxema as a blood infection and refused dermatopligist referal for 3 months of me sleepign with oven mitts on to stop waking up in the night bleeding as a scratched myself in my sleep. Low blood preasure and dehydration ignored and prescribed T2 with codine. Had an appointment to get a golf ball sized lump on my shoulder looked at and the day before my appointment I got rear ended. Lucky for me I had the appointment the next day as Insurance to me to get in ASAP. He told me the lump was part of the whip lash. I booked 3 weeks before the car accident and told him it was there before the crash. 3 months of physio cleared teh whip lash so he could look at it but he declined to see me when I told him why I was there and told me to go back to physio next door. When I did and she heard what he declinded exam she went over and him *** for blowing me off. He THEN LOOKED at it and pulled up his pleg and told me it was lypoma and he has the same thing and laughed it off.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Doctor McGhee has excellent empathy skills and picks up on the tone of what you say as much as the words. It is very helpful to have a family doctor that helps enable your own self awareness in such a kind and compassionate manner. When I told him about the demons I was wrestling, he seemed to genuinely be interested in helping me through medicine and discussion. He also has humility - if he does not know something, he mentions it and looks it up.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr.McGhee is an intelligent,caring and respectful Dr.He's been my Dr.for 6 yrs.now,and he's helped me tremendously through all of my medical conditions and many are quite serious,very knowledgeable man.he also makes you feel at ease and very comfortable on your visits with his sense of humor.some say that he can be rude but i totally disagree,he's just outspoken at times and tells you like it is,and it's not to hurt you it's to help you.example:when he says to you if you don't stop smoking your going to die,well it's true,he's being honest,so it's to help you.so i am and will continue to stop smoking,i'm down to 5 per day and when i totally succeed and become a non-smoker,i will thank him for helping me.the receptionists are also very caring,considerate and respectful,they give me an appt.if i'm in pain they'll get me in,if it's a sniffle,well it can wait.the nurses too are wonderful,caring and respectful.everyone there makes me feel comfortable.wonderful people.mariln.v.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Very little waiting time to see doctor.He is very knowledgable and forthright.Friendly and hepls me feel at easeplus professional.Does not miss details of my past health problems when I visit.Has up to date technology.Is part of a health care team where I can be seen after hours within the group of doctors.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Dr. McGhee's receptionists are the rudest people I have ever met. If he keeps these women in his office he will eventually lose all of his clientele. Dr. McGhee is also quite rude at times with his patients. Would not recommend Dr. McGhee to anyone, even to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

I think Don is an amazing doctor. He has always been kind and empathetic to myself and my family. We are from out of province and he did not hesitate taking on all of us. My family is huge and he has been more than helpful. I feel blessed to have a doctor to begin with and I feel very blessed to have Donald as not only a doctor but a friend.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

All the comments on here about his booking system fail to mention that before this system you would have to wait a week to get an appointment. Whereas now you have an opportunity to get an appointment the current day or day after. Also I have never had any problems with the receptionists. The people who have were probably at fault. Overall Dr. McGhee is very knowledgeable and helpful and has never rushed me or any of my family members during an appointment. He takes the time to listen to concerns.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

My mother is a patient of this doctor and since they no longer make appointments, I am very concerned that her health will suffer. I guess the only way to deal with this issue is to hold him accountable should there be any serious problems. There is always the College of P&S but this is only after the fact. Too bad becuase my understanding is that he's a good doctor. Patient health is not a lottery and I wouldn't be surprised to see some problems arising from this booking process.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010