Ratings for Dr. John J. Shea

Awful nurse and even worse attitudes toward patients!!! And after THREE different procedures, my grandad can't even leave the house. So we call after almost five weeks and they tell us that they can't do anything else for him!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I suffered from debilitating BPPV. Worked with various doctors over a period of 5 years and Dr. Shea is the ONLY doctor that helped me. Must agree with others that the staff is rude and the wait was long. I felt like they were rustling cattle thru the office BUT Dr. Shea was a lifesaver.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I have been a patient for 5 years. I have been so disatisfied I even changed doctors there. They think NOTHING of making you wait a *minimum* of 3 hours for a routine appointment. Over and over again, it's the same drill- once you get into see Dr. Shea Jr, he's texting on his phone and not even listening to you. The other doctor literally sees you for 60 seconds and your out the door. To have a miniscule piece of wax removed, I am billed for surgery, which I have to pay a hefty copay for-hundreds of dollars. The office itself is dreadful, small, smells, dated from the 1970's, and doesn't even look like it's a modern day medical facilty. Did I mention I am never going back? I am literally going to drive 3 hours to another city for quality care.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

1nurse,1NA who constantly. Played with her long un netted hair, no. Vitals, IV extremely small, not enough Versed used, after the 1st laser hole was shot I came off the OR table instead of using more versed Paul Shea jr had his OR staff forcibly hold me down to complete inner ear perfusion , no pain med for after surgery, not even a ice chip I had not had fluids in 13 hrs. Day 2 just as bad, brought my own loretabs, no one checked on me so I could take them, same day 3. When I had side effect from procedure we called his office, NO return calls. So terrified of this sadistic, skinflint dr had my PCP send me to another ENT. Shea damaged a nerve in my neck, I've had constant head pain since procedure was a failure. This dr should not be practicing medicine!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I had my first surgery in 1994, here at the Shea clinic. I was diagnosed for Middle Ear infections for 5 years. Moved to Memphis and found out about the Shea clinic and it saved my life. I started experiencing the dizziness again, in 2011 and the throwing up. It was getting very frequent. I went to 2 doctors in the Cincinnati area and again they said that I had nothing that they could detect. I went to the Shea clinic again and received my second surgery and all is going very well. I have my life back.I almost was fired from my job for missing so many days from being sick. I went back to Memphis when I passed out and hit my head and received a concussion........I knew my Meniers came back.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Very rude and waited for more than an hour to be seen. Went up to the desk to ask and they blew me off. I do not recommend this location.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

This is not a criticism of Dr. Shea but of his staff and office protocol. I made an appointment and arrived at the clinic with all of my paperwork and insurance information. The one item I did not disclose as I filled out the patient information was my Social Security Number. I refuse since I had identity theft several years back. It was later found out the information was obtained from a doctor's office records. Dr. Shea's staff advised me that if I did not provide my SSN that I would have to post a $500 deposit. When I asked why, they told me it was because my insurance provider would not pay the claim without my SSN. I immediately called my insurance and they said that this was absolutely not correct. The insurance provider called Dr. Shea's clinic and spoke with the clerk that handles the insurance and confirmed that they did not need the SSN to process the claim. This lady had a totally different reason for requiring the SSN. It was "their policy". Total fabrication.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Dr. Shea is a wonderful man who healed me when I had been very sick with mastoiditis for most of my life and after other ENTs had failed over over. He is the man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Great Doctor. My hearing was zero and is now 97% in my left ear. Thanks Dr. Shea. Ray Hughes

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

What a great great doctor and even better man! While there might be some negative comments about his age (I understand he is now retired), Dr. Shea did NOT practice as long as he did because he needed the money! He did it because he was a visionary and an expert in his field and healed me when 5 other general ENT doctors couldn't even come up with a proper diagnosis. Thank you, Dr. Shea and thank you also to all of your great staff! GRJ

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. John J. Shea's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1947)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal