Ratings for Dr. M. Mathen

Excellent doctor. Both my surgeries were emergencies and Dr. Mathen was wonderful. He explained what I needed to know and was available for questions. Very professional and friendly staff, as well.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

since he has had a new clinic he is very punctual. Bedside manner , what bedside manner, does not exist. If you can get past that he really is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

This doctor was rude and impatient with myself and my elderly mother. Would not recommend for the elderly because his bedside manner is something else

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mathan for around 25 + years I have always been treated kindly and have always got help when I needed it thanks Dr. Mathan and your staff

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

July 2014 had a detached retina. Dr. Mathen operated and although my vision on that eye is not 100% I have vision in it. He has been very helpful, and his staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Mathen saw my very elderly mother for an assessment and diagnostic testing for her macular degeneration.. On the first visit he was apathetic and seemed annoyed when simple questions were asked. On the second visit he displayed impatience, arrogance and extreme rudeness. His bedside manner is abhorrent. His lack of respect and understanding towards my mother was shocking and, I am embarrassed to say, left me speechless. When my mother tried to say that she feels she can see better when she covers one eye he literally shouted, "No you cannot!" three times over. His lack of any explanation as to why she may have perceived an improvement in her vision, leads me to believe that he lacks any knowledge as to why that might occur. One would think he'd seek out an explanation to offer his patient's considering the fact that he admitted that he has patients always telling him they can see better when they cover one eye. Why this individual chose a profession in which he works with people is a mystery. Early retirement might be the best thing all around for this guy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He is always proffessional and doesn't take excuses for not completing the treatment as he instructs. Always seems willing to help and accommodate me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr Mathen is an excellent doctor. He explained everything and answered all my questions. I had to phone the office once to speak to him and he answered promptly. His staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Mathen to anyone who needed his expertise! Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Mathen saved my eyesight when I had a retinal detachment, I would never go to another surgeon, Margaret del Castillo

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

my wife (age over 70) has suffered since she was 3 yrs old. Over the years we saw several surgeons and were consistently told ... cannot be repaired, the damage was too severe. This moment she is watching tv with my glasses and can read any and all closed captions for the first time in her life. This very professional physician has made the rest of her life like being in heaven. and, his receptionist has been solid gold since we first went there 2 months ago. We thankyou sir for such an outstanding conclusion.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016