Ratings for Dr. M. Mathen

Dr. Mathen saw my very elderly mother for an assessment and diagnostic testing for her macular degeneration.. On the first visit he was apathetic and seemed annoyed when simple questions were asked. On the second visit he displayed impatience, arrogance and extreme rudeness. His bedside manner is abhorrent. His lack of respect and understanding towards my mother was shocking and, I am embarrassed to say, left me speechless. When my mother tried to say that she feels she can see better when she covers one eye he literally shouted, "No you cannot!" three times over. His lack of any explanation as to why she may have perceived an improvement in her vision, leads me to believe that he lacks any knowledge as to why that might occur. One would think he'd seek out an explanation to offer his patient's considering the fact that he admitted that he has patients always telling him they can see better when they cover one eye. Why this individual chose a profession in which he works with people is a mystery. Early retirement might be the best thing all around for this guy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He is always proffessional and doesn't take excuses for not completing the treatment as he instructs. Always seems willing to help and accommodate me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr Mathen is an excellent doctor. He explained everything and answered all my questions. I had to phone the office once to speak to him and he answered promptly. His staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Mathen to anyone who needed his expertise! Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Mathen saved my eyesight when I had a retinal detachment, I would never go to another surgeon, Margaret del Castillo

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

my wife (age over 70) has suffered since she was 3 yrs old. Over the years we saw several surgeons and were consistently told ... cannot be repaired, the damage was too severe. This moment she is watching tv with my glasses and can read any and all closed captions for the first time in her life. This very professional physician has made the rest of her life like being in heaven. and, his receptionist has been solid gold since we first went there 2 months ago. We thankyou sir for such an outstanding conclusion.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr does not return phone calls. There is a different in a hair line fracture of the ankle and a sprain of the ankle! First he told me a hairline fracture!! I don't know about this dr? He said it's the same! No it is not!!I told him! His nurse is very Rude!! I don't think I will go back!! I will just stay with PT !! His office don't even know how to fax!! So sad!! This is from Mrs Ryan!

Submitted May 24, 2016

The Doctor is very pleasant and helpful. However has secretary is very rude and argument. We have been coming here for my husbands eyes due to diabetic bleeding behind the eye. We have enough problems to deal with in our lives as our son is type 1 too since 3 yrs old. We have been here 4 times now and she's quite rude each time. Her conversations on phone with others sounded very rude as well.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

He is very knowledgeable and dedicated. We are grateful for all he has done for us. He explains things thoroughly and spends the time required for us to understand.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I have been 'seeing', well partially lol, Dr. Mathen for over 25 years. He has helped with my Diabetic Neuropathy causing acute Glaucoma. The odds were against me due to how aggressive the neuropathy was, but Dr. Mathen Saved my right eye! And he is keeping my vision even now, removing my cataract and improving my vision...nothing short of a miracle! Always putting my health and vision first, he has helped me, a Diabetic of 45 years keep my vision. He is very helpful, answers my questions, but doesn't waste anyone's time. He gets right to the point so no one goes unseen. I find him to be kind and funny, try asking him how he's doing! I think he is a fantastic Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Mathan for glaucoma checkups every year for the last six years. If you have questions he answers them and that is what I need

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015