Ratings for Dr. David Seligson

In his younger days he was a great surgeon; now he needs to retire. I shattered my elbow along with fracturing 5-6 ribs. Went yesterday for first follow up since surgery. Bulky dressing & splint were removed; impression taken for custom brace. Resident that actually did surgery is wonderful. I asked could I please have refill on pain meds, resident was going to write refill but Dr Seligson said no; if I needed more go to pain management. BS wait a month to be seen by pain management..are you frickin' kidding me?!?!? Anyway left office with arm in ace wrap & sling only. By the time I got to car, ace wrap had already slid to wrist, resulting in zero support to elbow. Luckily I had a hinged brace from last time I fractured same elbow. Husband put on my arm today; now elbow had support. PLEASE RETIRE DR S. Waited 3 hours to be seen, horrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Doesnt listen very well, especially when you saw you may have a problem with a surgery or implant that has problems. 74 yrs old and needs to retire. Be careful dealing with this so called bone guru.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Seligson was refereed to me after 13 months of problems with my ankle. As soon as he saw me, within 5 minutes, he knew what was needed to be done and followed up completely with all schedules and the surgery. I saw him on a Friday afternoon and went in for surgery the following Monday morning. He not only set up what he needed to do, but immediately scheduled a vascular surgeon to do my flap and worked with the infectious disease doctors to control my bone infection. He spend all the time needed and asked several times if we had any questions. We have talked to several medical workers that know a lot of doctors, and they have nothing but the up most respect for him as a person and a doctor to fix things other doctors have trouble with or do not know what to do. I would highly recommend Dr. Seligson!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Seligson is not a doctor I would recommend to anyone who has a choice in who they see. I regret not demanding a different doctor after having emergency surgery and his office staff not calling to follow up. He performs surgery without a full explanation of what he is going to do. He also "blows" off patient's and their families questions and concerns with pointless banter. Take my advice. Don't allow him to be your "doctor". If you can call him that. I don't consider someone who has his attitude, capabilities, or level of concern for the patient's he claims to treat a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

He is childish in his mannerisms, throwing temper tantrums like a toddler and fully abusing his position. He takes no personal interest in his patients and constantly berates and belittles his staff. He is about average in his medical skill and not worth dealing with his personality for no more than the average skill he possesses. I believe he is too old to be practicing surgery and that his less than amicable personality is an attempt to cover his inadequacy as a surgeon and healthcare provider. I cannot believe this man child holds a position at any facility. If you ever have a choice for an orthopaedic surgeon, he should not be it. I suppose that's the only reason he has any patients at all, you'll take whatever a hospital gives you when you have a bone poking through your skin.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

No conpassion for patient financial straits, pain (mental and physical) or ability to cope with post hospital hardship. No time for talking with patient. Unwilling to fill out any paperwork, even though it would improve patient's home environment, comfort and resources. Adverse to pain meds. Rude. peremptory, bombastic to all including staff. Am looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Lets associates collect all data, comes in and takes over without talking to you. Clearly does not care it you are in pain. I had many multiple breaks, femur, knee, both feet and ankle elbow and clavicle, he acted as if I should have no pain. He is a great surgeon but very bad bed side manner.Acts as if he created you instead of put you back together. Also rude to office help. Very Arrogant to the point of being mean. Should let his associates handle any care out of the OR.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Good surgeon, terrible bedside manners. Yells at nurses in his office- very unprofessional. Has something against pain meds.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

Dr. David Seligson's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)