Ratings for Dr. James E. Fugedy

Let me just say this, run away! This doctor doesn't take insurance at all, he says that he will accept whatever your insurance company pays for out-of-network services but then bills the hell out of you. His pain management was a sham as well, I have chronic back pain and continue to do so after three 45 minutes office visits with Dr. Fugedy. Then, when my insurance company denies paying him anything he bills me $2,500! The generous man finally reduced it to $1,300. What I thought was going to be three $40 office visit copays turned into a nightmare. His office staff is unprofessional and unreliable. They use an outside coding and billing agency so they didn't even verify my benefits until I had visited the good doctor three times. Pain specialists for non-injury related pain are scams! Go see a neurologist and stay away from this quack, unless you think any doctor is worth $1,000 an hour for a simple office visit. He doesn't take insurance, the problem is with the doctor!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

Dr Fugedy specializes in pain management with special attention to fibromyalgia patients. Sometimes you have to wait a little past your apointment time but i never mind because when it is finally my turn to see the Dr. he acts like you are the only person in the world and gives you his full attention. The electro medicine he uses has given me somewhat of a normal life again. It really is worth at least a phone call to see what he could do to maybe help you.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr. James E. Fugedy's Credentials

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Omaha Ne 68178 (Grad. 1974)

Kaiser-Permanente