Ratings for Dr. William L. Ferrar

Sharp, interested in the "whole patient" and concerned. Great (and necessary) qualities for a PCP. I've been a patient for 20+ years.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

20+ years through a lot of weird issues and couldn't imagine seeing another internist says it all! He is quite intelligent and thus sometimes might get a little up there but I find it fun. You can learn a lot from him and he spends plenty of time with his patients. He is kind, has a great, but sometimes dry, sense of humor. He asks you lots of questions and wants to know what is going on with you. He is a stickler for keeping a medications list with you at all times and likes other doctors to keep him advised of any special conditions. And yes, he can be a little like the absent minded professor but believe me he knows his business and seems well respected by other doctors. His nurse Helen is good and I always enjoy seeing her. Can't always say that of the front desk folks though like someone else commented, they are a little better. I can't say the same about the iron ruling paper crazy dictatorship of whoever manages the practice though - maybe a chill pill would help.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Ferrar for almost 35 years. That should be all that needs to be said, but I have tremendous confidence in him as a physcian. He is good at diagnosing problems. I like that he starts dealing with an issue with the minimal procedures needed and works up from there. He has seen me go through a lot in 35 years and he has always been there. He comes to visit me in the hospital, even if he didn't put me there. I agree with some of the other comments about his sence of humor, his kindness, his encouragement and support. Has he been absolutely perfect? No, but he is top notch in my book. I dread the day I have to stop seeing him. I can't say enough about my confidence in him. His Nurse is also very good with his patients. I followed him to a new practice. The front desk staff could be a bit more polite, but they are coming around.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

He is a brilliant man n spends time with his patients and makes sure they understand things and always has a follow up plan.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I found in my visit that he kept asking the same question & forgetting he had asked it. Then when he gave me the prescriptions, I checked them & he had left out 2 prescriptions? I felt he was very forgetful & I was having to keep track of what he was doing??? He was nice. I did not appreciate the attitude at the receptionist desk. I have seen him numerous times & I feel he is a nice person but just not for me.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Down to earth. Very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

Very intelligent AND caring AND humorous - It is rare to find ALL THREE traits in ONE doctor, but Dr. Ferrar is all three things! His knowledge is as good as a beginning specialist, in most of the major specialty areas, so I seldom feel the need to go see a specialist, since I can just ask HIM and be confident that his answer is correct. His kind-heartedness has gotten me through several sad times. If I ever move to a different city, I wish I could take HIM with me (as my doctor).

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Ferrar is the shiznit. I dont know of anyone more knowledgeable than him. He is always willing to teach if you are willing to learn. Well mannered and will always talk to you as if you are a peer. great man, great doc.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

Dr. William L. Ferrar's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)