You may also like

I came to St Joe's and needed emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. Dr Hart was on call for surgery that night. His" surgical expertise" saved my life. It's a " humbling experience" knowing you owe your life to one special person. I am deeply indebted to Dr. Hart who's surgical skills and expertise saved my life I came to St. Joes requiring emergency bowl surgery. Fortunately for me, Dr. Hart was on call for the surgical service. Thank you Dr. Hart for your excellent care Sincerely, John Drury

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Just over a year ago, I was informed by a specialist, that I would require a complex surgery. I did some research and determined that Dr. Richard Hart was the most experience and well-regarded surgeon for the procedure I required. During our first meeting, Dr. Hart explained everything to me in great detail and patiently answered all of my questions. Dr. Hart made me feel completely at ease, considering what I was about to go through. I knew that I was in the right place and in the right hands. Throughout every step of my journey, Dr. Hart and his entire staff, have treated me professionaly and compassionately. Dr. Hart's Office Manager is also a gem. She is very knowledgeable and cheerful and returns calls amazingly quickly. I will always appreciate what Dr. Hart and all of the rest of his staff have done for me. Angels really do walk among us. Christine Olenchuk

Submitted September 16, 2015

Terrible doctor. Please seek second opinion before commiting to this doctors care, no matter how urgent the surgery 'seems' he relies on one test to perform major surgery. He will say there is cancer even if there is none. If complication from surgery arises he will leave you cold to die. If complication from his surgery is the result, you will never hear back from him and your calls will not be answered. If 2nd 3rd..surgery is needed he would only want to be in charge as to cover up. Be aware of this doctor please. He is also extremely rude & arrogant. Only cares for his money and how many surgeries he performs, not if you live or die. Would give a 0 if i could.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Hart is an exceptional doctor. He treated/operated on my mother and father on separate occasions and I cannot explain how thankful we are for his professionalism and exceptional bedside manner. He was truthful, fully explained the issues that needed to be addressed and also the urgency required to be treated. We had compete faith and confidence in Dr. Hart and he delivered. I would definitely refer him to family and friends without hesitation. His assistant Michelle is fantastic and helpful and always a pleasure to talk to and deal with.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Richard Hart was excellent in explaining the operation, the procedure, recovery time and what to expect. He is very friendly and his advice has been extremely helpful. The experience was truly great and Dr. Hart would be my first choice of referral for family and friends. He came highly recommended and I would pass it on any time. Michelle, his assistant, is also very helpful, always friendly and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks to the staff who assisted in the surgery. Great job! It is wonderful to have a doctor who is an expert at what he is doing, makes you feel comfortable and who really cares!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I first visited Dr. Hart in February 2015 when diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was very caring and professional, he took time to explain my situation and the Whipple procedure, and made my family and I feel very comfortable and confident in putting my life in his hands. Following my surgery, he was very attentive and has helped me through my recovery and rehabilitation. I am so grateful to Dr Hart and his team for all that they have done for me and feel truly blessed to have found him, he has given me the gifts of health, hope and happiness. Thanks Dr. Hart and your team.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I first saw Dr. Hart over ten years ago when it was discovered I had a pancreatic insulinoma. At the time, my diagnosis was made by another specialist who, although able to recognize the symptoms of my condition, did not leave me with confidence, being unable to pinpoint the location of the growth. Upon recommendation, I visited Dr. Hart who performed his own diagnostics and quickly identified the growth. He confidently took the time to explain the condition, the surgery, potential risks and expected recovery in very clear, simple terms. Dr. Hart was very patient to hear and answer all my questions. My surgery to remove the insulinoma took place in May 2005. Today my condition has been cured and I no longer suffer symptoms of frequent, uncontrolled hypoglycemia. Following my primary surgery, I did experience complications due to a ruptured bile duct, for which I was recommended by Dr. Hart to Dr. Springer at St.Joseph's. Dr. Springer also proved a very knowledgeable and helpful specialist, having performed an ERCP and inserted a stint to allow the bile duct to heal. I've returned to Dr. Hart to repair an incisional hernia, which has been a minor inconvenience when considering my primary diagnosis. I thank Dr. Hart, his staff and St. Joseph's Health Centre for their professionalism and dedication to patient care.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Oh well he is not a good doctor.. after your surgery he will never come to see you.. I know he is busy...busy making $...Please think before choosing him .. I am still alive not cause of him I changed my dr...

Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Richard Hart's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I came to St Joe's and needed emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. Dr Hart was on call for surgery that night. His" surgical expertise" saved my life. It..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hart is an excellent surgeon. It is now five months after my gall bladder surgery. The full recovery period was much shorter than I expected."

September 25, 2015

September 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Just over a year ago, I was informed by a specialist, that I would require a complx surgery. I did some research and determined that Dr. Richard Hart was the m..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible doctor. Please seek second opinion before commiting to this doctors care, no matter how urgent the surgery 'seems' he relies on one test to perform maj..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hart is an exceptional doctor. He treated/operated on my mother and father on separate occasions and I cannot explain how thankful we are for his profess..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Richard Hart was excellent in explaining the operation, the procedure, recovery time and what to expect. He is very friendly and his advice has been extreme..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I first visited Dr. Hart in February 2015 when diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was very caring and professional, he took time to explain my situation and t..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. Hart over ten years ago when it was discovered I had a pancreatic insulinoma. At the time, my diagnosis was made by another specialist who, alt..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Oh well he is not a good doctor.. after your surgery he will never come to see you.. I know he is busy...busy making $...Please think before choosing him .. I a..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hart is a good doctor. I recommend him without hesitation. He practiced a partial pancreatectomy and full splenectomy on me successfully without complicatio..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hart was excellent in explaining medicine in easy to understand language"

July 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Stage 3 colon cancer. 10 years cancer free! Dr. Hart saved my life. Its results thst count. Not his bedside manner, which I found charming. "

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have been very fortunate to have such a skilled surgeon as Dr. Hart operate on my mother’s pancreatic tumor. The surgery she had was a pancreatectomy and spl..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hart Performed surgery to remove a tumour on my liver, to remove a cyst from my bile duct and rebuild my bile duct and remove an existing stint from my previ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband was operated on for liver cancer 1 1/2 years ago by Dr. Hart. He is an exceptional knowledgeable surgeon. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hart, he t..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On Feb 2014 I had the most scary Whipple operation performed by Dr. Hart and his team. I'm very pleased that I got to the hands of the greatest surgeons and in ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Hart because I had gallstones and was in terrible pain from time to time. I must say Michelle, his secretary has been nothing but helpful ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "April 2015. I have my gallbladder removed by Dr. Hart. It took him 2 hrs, and 30 minutes to do my surgery because it is complicated by already enlarged with st..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "August 2009 was when I was first diagnosed with level 4 colon cancer that also metastasized in the liver. I was proposed a 3-stage treatment, where surgery of t..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After researching the best surgeons to perform a Whipple Procedure, I was thrilled that Dr. Hart took me on as a patient. He is a very gifted surgeon and I cou..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the first day I walked into Dr. Hart's office, I was at ease. This was the man I wanted to get me through a liver re-section due to cancer. He was honest ..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Having received the best of care by nurses, dieticians, and staff during my stays at St. Joseph's Health Care Centre in Toronto, many thanks and a special thank..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In February, I had my gallbladder removed. I want to thank Dr. Richard Hart for his optimal level of care and attention to ensure my full healthy recovery with..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "January 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 rectal cancer. The cancer had metastased to the left side of my liver. After I recuperated from the rectal tumor sur..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A little more than 2 years ago a mass was found in a bile duct inside my liver. I was referred to Dr. Hart and he suspected cancer. In January 2013 I underwent ..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I thanked the Lord for using Dr. Richard Hart as an instrument for my healing. January 7, 2010 when I was diagnosed with pancreatic tumor. Brampton Civic referr..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could i would give Dr. Hart 0 for helpfulness I would. This doctor is only concerned about being a surgery machine and does not care at all about the well ..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Thank-you Dr Hart! You saved my husband's life. Last spring (2014)he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Dr. Hart saw him right away, explained the surgery a..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Several years back I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. I was referred to Dr Hart at St Joseph's. I have to say that at first I was skeptical because I am in my ..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My dad was diagnosed with pancreas cancer in 2014 . Dr hart told us he was in 1st stage of cancer . He performed whipple surgery. After this surgery i was unab..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "A family member had surgery in Toronto by Dr. Richard Hart. Unfortunately, they passed away as a result and we've been trying to obtain a copy of the surgical r..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My mother was diagnosed with Pancreas cancer in 2011 and was referred to Dr. Hart by our GP. Our services regarding the entire life crushing news was handle by ..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an Inguinal hernia repaired under local anaesthesia. I should also say I am a physician. I listened to everything Dr Hart was saying when teaching his res..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My mother died in the ICU 20 days (October 2014) after a liver resection surgery performed by Dr. Richard Hart and his team. She underwent a liver resection aft..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In April 2014 a 25mm Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour was found in my pancreas during a MRI scan. This was affecting blood sugar levels causing blackouts and ot..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude doctor....... never trust him. it was terrible experience with him.."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "My father was a patient of Dr Hart. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at a very early stage, even Dr Hart was surprised that his tumor was so small. His f..."

September 11, 2014