You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard Hart

Dr. Richard Hart's Ratings

Dr. Hart is a good doctor. I recommend him without hesitation. He practiced a partial pancreatectomy and full splenectomy on me successfully without complications. Michelle, his assistant is very helpful, diligent and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr Hart was excellent in explaining medicine in easy to understand language

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Stage 3 colon cancer. 10 years cancer free! Dr. Hart saved my life. Its results thst count. Not his bedside manner, which I found charming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

We have been very fortunate to have such a skilled surgeon as Dr. Hart operate on my mother’s pancreatic tumor. The surgery she had was a pancreatectomy and splenectomy. Dr. Hart and his Team were very patient, caring and reassuring in explaining everything clearly. It has been 2 years since her surgery and my mother has recovered 100% and continues to do very well. Our sincere thanks and deepest gratitude to Dr. Hart and the staff at St. Joe’s. A very special thank you to Dr. Hart’s secretary Michelle for her kindness, efficiency and patience. M. Yang.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2835321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr Hart Performed surgery to remove a tumour on my liver, to remove a cyst from my bile duct and rebuild my bile duct and remove an existing stint from my previous ERCP's. Dr Hart is an exceptional surgeon with a big heart. Dr Hart's team is exceptional and always friendly. I am grateful to Dr Hart for the outstanding level of care I received.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2823380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

My husband was operated on for liver cancer 1 1/2 years ago by Dr. Hart. He is an exceptional knowledgeable surgeon. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hart, he takes the time to explain the situation and answer any questions that you have. His secretary Michelle as been so helpful and kind. A wonderful person. Again Dr. Hart and Michelle thank you so much for your support and follow up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

On Feb 2014 I had the most scary Whipple operation performed by Dr. Hart and his team. I'm very pleased that I got to the hands of the greatest surgeons and in the most professional team in St Joseph Hospital in Toronto.The surgery involves removal of a portion of the pancreas,bible duct and gallbladder....so all team has to focused and dedicate work from every member of the surgical team, Intensive Care Unit......nutritionists..nurses .Thanks All for your excellence work. I can't forget about Michelle Dr. Hart receptionist .....your support and follow up means so much to me. So again thank you Dr. Hart for your outstanding surgery and my quick recovery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2818689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Hart because I had gallstones and was in terrible pain from time to time. I must say Michelle, his secretary has been nothing but helpful from the moment I called. She accommodated and addressed any issues I had. She also prepared my Dr's notes quickly and of free of charge. I really appreciated that. As for the Dr, he was great. Prior to seeing him I had been suffering with my gallstone pains because I was afraid of the surgery and as vein as it sounds I was also worried about my scars and my navel ring (which I was not ready to part with). The doctor educated me as to what the pros and cons were and took his time to explain the procedure and recovery of this surgery. He made me feel comfortable enough to go ahead with the surgery.The team at the hospital were amazing and made me feel very comfortable . I had a speedy recovery with no issues. My scars are minimal and I still have my navel ring! Dr. Hart and his staff are an amazing group of people and I would recommend them to anyone I know.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2818128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

April 2015. I have my gallbladder removed by Dr. Hart. It took him 2 hrs, and 30 minutes to do my surgery because it is complicated by already enlarged with stones, gangrenous gallbladder, embedded to my liver. I was very grateful to Dr. Hart and his team of doctors the residents working with him that day, with his expert hands and knowledge they were able to do a laparoscopic cholycestectomy on me. I am very pleased with Dr. Hart for an excellent job performing my surgery truly very grateful. My health and strength is steadily improving today. Thank you. God Bless.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2817669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

August 2009 was when I was first diagnosed with level 4 colon cancer that also metastasized in the liver. I was proposed a 3-stage treatment, where surgery of the colon cancer was urgently needed and administered promptly the following month that year.
Also, I was administered chemotherapy for 7 months after the first colon surgery to shrink any metastasized tumours present in my body. The remaining liver tumours were then removed through another surgery in April 2010 by Dr. Hart at St. Joseph’s Hospital. I was in a very sick and weak condition and urgently required a removal of half my right liver lobe and my gallbladder. After the procedure I was in ICU in critical condition, not knowing if I would survive the ordeal, but gratefully, I made it through after receiving such professional care from the staff, and discharged in 11 days. The operation was a success, where a CT scan in November 2010 showed no evidence of metastasized tumours in the liver.
Aftermath: At the careful discretion of Dr. Hart, I received follow up checkups from him every 3 months for 2 years after the surgery, plus less frequent checkups every 6 months 4 years after the surgery. Up to date (May 2015), it has been 5 years after the major liver surgery, I am cancer-free and no more checkups are necessary. Now I am in relative good health, and staying active.
Plus, my wife and I had a great experience in Dr. Hart’s office, with warm thanks and regards to him, his secretary Michelle, and all the kind staff!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2809075].votes_count ]]