Ratings for Dr. Joanne S. Willoughby

I have been seeing Dr. Willoughby for seven years. As long a you do what she says everything will be fine. I had one bad experience with her where she told me to apply for trillium benefits because the meds I needed were costly and trillium would pay part of the cost. I told her I needed to do my taxes first. So , next appointment she just went ahead and applied for the drugs I needed without even asking if I had Trillium benefits. I took a bit longer to do my taxes and the drug company kept calling her office. So eventually the drug company gave me the drug for free for six months. Next appointment Willoughby gave me hell for taking so long to do my taxes. I just sat there and took my lumps but this could have been avoided if she would have communicated with me. When I did get Trillium Willoughby told me I did not need the drugs anymore and to come back when I did need them. In eight months I needed the drugs so I made an appointment. I had to go through all the test again and reapply for the drug. I think I was just taken off of the drug out of spite because she was pissed off at me. Anyhow , she's retiring In January

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I brought my 14 year old daughter to see Dr Willoughby because she’s been dealing with some skin issues for over a year. She was extremely rude, short tempered and had a TERRIBLE bed side manner. And when asked to look at a secondary area (with the same rash) she told my daughter that “that IS NOT on the referral!” I wanted to say, “She’s 14?!?” Being a Nurse and working along side many healthcare professionals I can say that I will NEVER recommend, nor return to Dr Willoughby for ANY dermatological concerns. So disappointed with our first experience with a dermatologist in Guelph.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I have went for 5 sessions and would probably be going back except she told me my sessions were going to start costing me double. This left me hanging, I had to travel from Woodstock to Guelph and have to deal with the excruciating pain of having it done and my appt. not being longer than anybody else's, I was to pay double. My introduction session I was told My neck would be cleared up in 3 sessions and yet 5 sessions later I still have a lot of sunspots or whatever you want to call them.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

My 15 year old daughter waited excited for over a year for appointment. Dr Willoughby was extremely rude and aggressive. My daughter first encounter with a specialist. She cried, this makes Moma sa

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Willoughby has been treating my skin (over exposure to sun in my younger years) for over 5 years now and I have total faith in her proficiency. My assessment is that she is very professional in all her dealings and does not pussyfoot around. She tells it the way it is. Recommend her? ABSOLUTELY. AJC

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Had my first visit with her after being referred. Only "complaint" I'd have is it was almost an hour after my appointment time before I actually got called in to see her...but, they do tell you that also when they book your appointment so it was expected. Once in though it was very quick. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. There was a sense of urgency in her while talking but I was not surprised by this, a very busy doctor by the look of it. I personally didn't feel rushed, just sensed it in her if you know what I mean (the stress). She explained things well to me and answered any questions I had. A good (typical) experience. Would see her again.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I called for over 2 hours to get through to make an appointment and ended up giving up. Terrible service.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I found Dr. Willoughby to be kind and a good listener. I was nervous because I had heard from others who did not care for her. I had a very good experience with her, in fact, she recommended two products for another problem that I was having. It is difficult to get through on the phone, but this is to be expected for a very busy doctor. I will certainly go to her again should the need arise. She is an asset to our community.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I am thru w/this doctor. She is insanely hostile. One must literally hold their breath until she is done with you which is always at lightning speed. If you dare utter a comment or question, do so at your peril. She immediately turns on you like a crazed venomous snake. This woman's behaviour to her innocent patients is that of a deeply disturbed, overwrought madman. Two acquaintances have told me they experience the exact horribly unpleasant ordeal.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Willoughby after I relocated to a new city and wanted to continue care from a dermatologist I was seeing in Ottawa regarding moles. As a woman, it is my preference to be seen by a female dermatologist. It took 8 months to get an appointment, but she was definitely worth the wait! Not only were her staff kind and punctual but my visit with Dr. Willoughby herself was wonderful. She took time to thoroughly examine me, talk and answer all my questions. Super friendly and to-the-point. She really helped alleviate any anxiety I had (which stemmed from a previous, less kind derm).

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016