Ratings for Dr. Joanne S. Willoughby

I have went for 5 sessions and would probably be going back except she told me my sessions were going to start costing me double. This left me hanging, I had to travel from Woodstock to Guelph and have to deal with the excruciating pain of having it done and my appt. not being longer than anybody else's, I was to pay double. My introduction session I was told My neck would be cleared up in 3 sessions and yet 5 sessions later I still have a lot of sunspots or whatever you want to call them.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

My 15 year old daughter waited excited for over a year for appointment. Dr Willoughby was extremely rude and aggressive. My daughter first encounter with a specialist. She cried, this makes Moma sa

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Willoughby has been treating my skin (over exposure to sun in my younger years) for over 5 years now and I have total faith in her proficiency. My assessment is that she is very professional in all her dealings and does not pussyfoot around. She tells it the way it is. Recommend her? ABSOLUTELY. AJC

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Had my first visit with her after being referred. Only "complaint" I'd have is it was almost an hour after my appointment time before I actually got called in to see her...but, they do tell you that also when they book your appointment so it was expected. Once in though it was very quick. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. There was a sense of urgency in her while talking but I was not surprised by this, a very busy doctor by the look of it. I personally didn't feel rushed, just sensed it in her if you know what I mean (the stress). She explained things well to me and answered any questions I had. A good (typical) experience. Would see her again.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I called for over 2 hours to get through to make an appointment and ended up giving up. Terrible service.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I found Dr. Willoughby to be kind and a good listener. I was nervous because I had heard from others who did not care for her. I had a very good experience with her, in fact, she recommended two products for another problem that I was having. It is difficult to get through on the phone, but this is to be expected for a very busy doctor. I will certainly go to her again should the need arise. She is an asset to our community.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I am thru w/this doctor. She is insanely hostile. One must literally hold their breath until she is done with you which is always at lightning speed. If you dare utter a comment or question, do so at your peril. She immediately turns on you like a crazed venomous snake. This woman's behaviour to her innocent patients is that of a deeply disturbed, overwrought madman. Two acquaintances have told me they experience the exact horribly unpleasant ordeal.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Willoughby after I relocated to a new city and wanted to continue care from a dermatologist I was seeing in Ottawa regarding moles. As a woman, it is my preference to be seen by a female dermatologist. It took 8 months to get an appointment, but she was definitely worth the wait! Not only were her staff kind and punctual but my visit with Dr. Willoughby herself was wonderful. She took time to thoroughly examine me, talk and answer all my questions. Super friendly and to-the-point. She really helped alleviate any anxiety I had (which stemmed from a previous, less kind derm).

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

First some facts, - There are 3 dermatologists in the Guelph area, which as a population of approximately 175 000 - Her waiting list is around six months, the same as the other two dermatologists in Guelph -On average, she sees 45+ patients a day So let's say that she sees 50 patients in an 8 hour day, with a 30 minute lunch break, each patient would get 9 minutes with the Doctor, averaged out over 6 months, that means she is seeing 2,600 patients a year. If each patient wanted 20 minutes with the Doctor, she would either have to work 15 hour work days or only see 25 patients a day, and double her waiting list. In regards to her quality of care, future readers of these reviews, heed this warning, most reviewers will only be posting if they feel that they have had a great experience, or been wronged in some heinous way. Furthermore, if every patient asks about a second or third problem, the doctors time is taken with them, meaning that the people in the waiting room have to wait longer. Doctors don't want to make you wait. What makes me qualified to say this, well, I am Dr Willoughby's patient, I have worked my entire career in hospitals and my brother, whom I discussed writing this review with, is a dermatologist in Toronto. So please, before you see a specialist or write a review, remember, your doctors work hard, and if you behave badly, they won't be nice to you, they are only human.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Dr. Willoughby is an excellent dermatologist!!! I have been in her care for skin cancer problems for several years and am completely satisfied with her !!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016